NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I think "Creepy" is the right word. I definitely found it creepy when I first played it, in the dark on my PC. When I recently rebought the game for the 360 and played it in the living room, it had much less of an effect.

I once got scared by Luigis Mansion just by playing it in the dark.... Was fine when the light as on.

Wait a minute... People found Bioshock scary?

That part in the basement of the shopping area, filled to the knee with water and the statues that come to life. First time I did that it was relatively dark in my room and it was hella creepy. Also, can't remember where it is but theres some part of it that had you standing over basically two dead bodies in a pool of blood with splicers coming at you from all around.

Oh, and that section in the freezer where you have to kill the guy for Cohen.

Damn I love Bioshock.

I think "Creepy" is the right word. I definitely found it creepy when I first played it, in the dark on my PC. When I recently rebought the game for the 360 and played it in the living room, it had much less of an effect.

Agreed. It was quite creepy....but not scary.

yeah scary wasn't the right word to use; creepy is definately better. The atmosphere and the music are just spot on.

Just harvested my 3rd little sister in a row..poor girls :(

How can you harvest them?! :(

Easy, press X instead of Y or something... :heh:

Ohhh you meant "morally"(?) :blank:

::shrug:

Anyone else pick up UT3? :)

I tried the PC demo ages ago. It felt exactly the same as UT2004 (and the "recommended settings" made it look like Quake). Still, it didn't feel like an improvement at all. Plus I don't think I'll need another online FPS this generation.

I just got an e-mail saying my 1 month gold membership ends July 20th. But I activated it July 1st :wtf:

Started Mass Effect today, been ok so far. Just getting confused between all the different classes and races and items etc. Will play more.

Mass Effect is difficult at first. The menu's etc really aren't explained at all. It's hard to get into but once you do, it's excellent.

Mass Effect is difficult at first. The menu's etc really aren't explained at all. It's hard to get into but once you do, it's excellent.

That's if you don't finish the game before you get into it.

That's if you don't finish the game before you get into it.

I managed to understand everything by the third main story planet or so, and I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the box.

Thats exactly what I'm feeling right now! Nothing is explained at all! But everything is starting to click a bit more...although, I have already died 3 times and I've only racked up 3 or so hours on it! I'm finding the combat really hard to get to grips with...I always want to shoot the bastards and I end up never using the "special powers" or whatever they're called...as a result = death. Its quite frustrating.

I need to change my strategy. :heh:

Thats exactly what I'm feeling right now! Nothing is explained at all! But everything is starting to click a bit more...although, I have already died 3 times and I've only racked up 3 or so hours on it! I'm finding the combat really hard to get to grips with...I always want to shoot the bastards and I end up never using the "special powers" or whatever they're called...as a result = death. Its quite frustrating.

I need to change my strategy. :heh:

Mess around with the inventory, stats etc screens. It's easy to forget changing weapons as you get more powerful ones, or to level up your stats (not to mention the same things for your squad mates, which has to be redone if you change your team, and weapon powerups, etc. It's alot of stuff thats barely mentioned.)

Just completed Bioshock on hard without dying! Only one more achievement to get...Avid Inventor

Just completed Bioshock on hard without dying! Only one more achievement to get...Avid Inventor

Well done! I was quite happy when i got that achievment! Very few games that i have got all the achievments on...

Well done! I was quite happy when i got that achievment! Very few games that i have got all the achievments on...

Congrats on getting that one guys as its quite a toughy and its the only one I need. Any tips for me if I decide to try and obtain it?

Congrats on getting that one guys as its quite a toughy and its the only one I need. Any tips for me if I decide to try and obtain it?

With the DLC it added a menu to turn off vita chambers which is the thing thing i would do. Since there was an achievment to do the game on hard just play through the game like u did then again but, SAVE your game all the time. Espically when u think a tough bit is coming up, like battling a big daddy etc.

So if you do die to will just take u back to the main menu of the game and just load ur last save file up and carry on! Thats how i did it.

The wrench is your friend, save your ammo! Skip some enemies you don't have to kill and most importantly check all crates, dead bodies etc.

And like Mike1988uk said, save your game often. :smile:

The wrench is your friend, save your ammo! Skip some enemies you don't have to kill and most importantly check all crates, dead bodies etc.

And like Mike1988uk said, save your game often. :smile:

Thanks for the tips :)

Quick question: the 360 has a region-free DVD player right? Pretty sure I've played a Region 1 copy of Batman Begins on my 360 Elite at some point, but I can't remember for sure....