NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Yeah took me a little getting used to. Ended up completing it several times with every type of class. Not sure I ever want to go back again though :p too many hours spent rolling over desert wasteland. Seriously, can they please include some kind of lush green planet in the next game? Maybe something with trees, or water? :D

Oh and... I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we can bring over our old Shephards to the next game. Maybe.

Seriously, can they please include some kind of lush green planet in the next game? Maybe something with trees, or water? :D

The first level was originally a lush green planet - it looked gorgeous. I don't see why that simply didn't use most of that stuff on another planet when they changed it to a raided world.

3 Red rings = death right?

My Xbox just got them :( I was on a high aswell 33 kills 5 deaths in CoD4

Pretty surprised its lasted this long, got my around launch time and had no problems with it...

So, do I ring Xbox up or something? Will I be able to get a new Xbox from them even though my gurantee has run out?

Ring up XBOX technical support, tell them your console is fucked and they'll send you some stickers. Find a box for the console, put the stickers on it and then wait 2 weeks for a new/refurbished one.

Hmm, whats wierd is my 360 is working now, no red rings or anything. As I was speaking to the geezer on the phone he asked me turn the console on, and no more red rings?

I'm confused now.

Hmm, whats wierd is my 360 is working now, no red rings or anything. As I was speaking to the geezer on the phone he asked me turn the console on, and no more red rings?

I'm confused now.

It'll either be a one off or it'll do it again once it heats up.

It'll either be a one off or it'll do it again once it heats up.

I so hope it ain't nothing to do with the Heat, although when I do put my hand between the back of my console and my HDTV it is stupidly hot (Even my PS3 started to over heat afew days ago), I think its mainly to do with position my consoles are in, but there is no where else I can put them.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/913/p1010189sh2.jpg

I think Iam gunna have to rearrange my room soon, get the console's away from there and give them more ventalition.

HDTV's are warm. Thats fine. LCD's are back lit and Plasma's have fans in them to cool them down.

Consoles on the other hand, aren't supposed to get extremely hot. So yeah, try move your consoles so they have abit of air.

By the way, your room is tiny O_o.

I hope the sun doesn't shine too strong in that window, cause that could fuck up your TV.

I just got a RROD tonight too. Had it 11 months, which is probably longer than some people. I know it's one of those inevitable things though it sucks as i'm left with just Wii. I'd rather set up the N64. I've got Bioshock in the post too. Gutted. I set up a repair request online which is probably all a guy on the phone would do. It started freezing like on startup, or a minute or too after I'd loaded it up. Then I got the dreaded RROD. Wierdly I turned it on 5 minutes later and it loaded up but froze on the 360 startup screen, turned it off and on again, worked fine until I tried loading up GTA. Left it 5 minutes more and it's back to the RROD lol.

I think I'm onto the final mission on Mass Effect, it's a wonderful game. I've been looking for something like it for a long time - the depth and story of an RPG, but with none of that standing around-in-a-line whilst fighting rubbish. The fact it's also got a grounding in reality (and is set in the same universe as us) is nice, too.

Oblivion almost did the trick, but it's too lacking in immersion for my liking.

My one major problem with Mass Effect is that, of the main missions, there are only 4 after you become a Spectre, and one can be skipped entirely. I could be wrong, it might not actually be Saran I'm assaulting here...

My one major problem with Mass Effect is that, of the main missions, there are only 4 after you become a Spectre, and one can be skipped entirely. I could be wrong, it might not actually be Saran I'm assaulting here...

What mission are you doing? The one on Virmire?

I was on the last bit of Mass Effect... I vowed not to leave it unfinished. Then my 360 buggered and I swapped everything. Humph... :(

Why don't you just take it back to the shop?

I considered that but because it's GAME they attempt to repair it themselves apparently and I don't trust them at all. I'd rather Microsoft themselves did it.

...and wait 6 weeks, of the summer holiday, to get it back. Ala summer 07 i didnt have an xbox for 90% of my free time

I considered that but because it's GAME they attempt to repair it themselves apparently and I don't trust them at all. I'd rather Microsoft themselves did it.

You've had it less than a year though... take it back to Game and try for a refund cos your pretty much entitled to it Imo... any console that doesn't work without fault for a full year isn't of merchantable quality, say that and if they argue, make a scene, if they can't give you a refund then they'll surely swap it over for you, then they can go to the hassle of sending the damn thing to M$ so they can get another one back or a rebate or sth, I'm sure thats the way it works, anyway it's worth a try. :smile:

I was just over 4 weeks without mine last October. Got a new 360 for my birthday last month and all was going well until I was playing Tomb Raider Legend the other night and it froze on me. Hasn't happened since but I am slightly nervous. Thank God I also have a PS3.

Mass Effect looks to be staying 360 exclusive and all 3 parts will be on the 360.

Speaking exclusively to Australian 360 at EA’s European Showcase, Muzyka also stated “we said we were committed to supporting Mass Effect as a franchise and have the trilogy on the Xbox 360, and that’s still our goalâ€, before adding to the question of the trilogy staying exclusive with what appears to be a subtle jibe at Sony, saying “we’re always very ambitious in our goals and the most important thing is quality, so we’re never going to compromise that.â€

This is great news for 360 gamers who had feared a different outcome as a result of Bioware being purchased by EA, and is a stark contrast to more recent announcements concerning other third party titles going multiplatform such as Bioware’s Dragon Age and Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIII.

Not only will the trilogy stay exclusive to the 360, but it will be released entirely on the 360 platform. And for our gaming colleagues who enjoy their PS3’s and Wii’s there’s still hope that they may yet get to experience the wonderful world of Mass Effect, albeit not within the Commander Shepard based trilogy.

“`Australian 360 writes “it was suggested that once the trilogy has closed the IP could begin to move in new directions.†Given the recent confirmation by EA that Bioware is indeed behind the KOTOR 3 MMO project, we have to wonder whether a multiplatform Mass Effect will have a similar fate, or if we see an entirely new trilogy much like the Star Wars prequels/sequels.

But beyond all the console positioning and future IP speculation are some juicy details for the current trilogy that should get fans excited for what appears to be a 2009 release for Mass Effect 2.

Whilst Muzyka would not confirm the ability to import your character from the first Mass Effect into the sequel, he heavily emphasised the importance of the trilogy to be a coherent, narrative whole. Teasing Australian 360 and gamers worldwide, Muzyka said †you can do it through technology and importing character saves, or you could do it through the natural branch points where things come together and branch off again. A mixture of those two things is probably what we’ll want to do…â€

Either way it’s clear Muzyka understands the appeal of Mass Effect amongst fans saying “they like to feel that they’re part of something bigger, something memorable, that has impact and weight.†And it seems the controversy over the admittedly tame sex scenes have done nothing but embolden Bioware’s intent to push storytelling in games into far more mature themes with Myzuka remarking that “stuff like that is proof that games are an emerging art form… and I think that’s incredibly exciting.â€

oh good.

in other news: totally psyched for Left4Dead now- probably my most anticipated game atm

GameStation wanted to swap parts of my 360, only the HDD etc (because it simply crashed with no RRoD). You just have to be firm and angry from the ofset.

oh good.

in other news: totally psyched for Left4Dead now- probably my most anticipated game atm

I'm a lot more interested since I found out that the 4 refers to 4 players, and isn't just Valve trying to be cool and use txtspk.

/facepalm, 360 RRODed again, fails even more since Mass Effect would of been here tomorrow :( :(

I can tell I'm gunna get pissed, no Call of Duty or Rock Band for 2 - 3 weeks? I'am not gunna be a happy bunny.