NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I sent mine off last month it was gone for 6 days. They told me it would take 3 weeks, however.

I sent mine off last month it was gone for 6 days. They told me it would take 3 weeks, however.

How long did it take for the courier to come and drop of the labels/pick up the 360?

the labels get sent, you phone the courier, they come and get it

the labels get sent, you phone the courier, they come and get it

Mmm, geuss I had a retarded person on the phone, her words excatly where that the courier delivers the labels, and you put them on while he waits, then he takes the 360.

hmm bit mad, maybe they changed the way they do it?

I got mine the next day, phoned the courier with the number and its some automated service that arranges it for ya, and they show up to take it.

Took fuckin ages to come back though, like 3 and a bit weeks if i remember, ah it sucked.

How long did it take for the courier to come and drop of the labels/pick up the 360?

I got a box sent because it was my 2nd one to die or something, I didn't really understand why sending a box was supposed to make me feel happier but she was just reading off a script anyway.

The Box turned up a couple of days after the phone conversation, it had new delivery labels inside and instructions on how to pack the xbox :indeed:

Then you just ring up UPS and follow the prompts and a clothed chimp will eventually turn up and collect the box.

Although the first time it died they emailed me a UPS label thingy that I had to print out and put on my own box. The email arrived about an hour after the phone conversation.

Edit: If you to go to Xbox.com and click on the support thingy you can track it even the labels when they are en-route to you initially.

I booked a UPS collection straight away so that kinda stops me from taking mine back to the shop... I decided to pack it myself I didn't know they sent you an actual box. I guess i'll have a box for the next time it breaks. I don't know whether i'd rather have a replacement or a repair. If they replace it whatever went wrong with the last one will probably happen again, on the other hand if they repair the parts but not solve the underlying problem it's going to break again anyway. Would you get one of the newer models with the cooler chips if they replaced it I wonder? Also one question, it says print off a receipt and return label. What do you do with the receipt?

Generally speaking, they ripped the inners out and replace the components.

You'll get a newer board, but if you don't currently have HDMI... you wouldn't get it now. You will however get the new heatsinks/fans and the 65nm CPU but the 65nm GPU isn't shipping till Q4.

They didn't send me a box, apparently you have to specifically ask for that.

Bit sad that this is the most common discussion in this thread :heh:

Also one question, it says print off a receipt and return label. What do you do with the receipt?

Get the UPS guy to sign it.

I'm a lot more interested since I found out that the 4 refers to 4 players, and isn't just Valve trying to be cool and use txtspk.

surprised you didn't notice that..like...immediately.

Get the UPS guy to sign it.

Ah rightio thanks. Hopefully it'll get picked up tomorrow, UPS have been reliable with me in the past. Good to know I should hopefully get an upgrade in one way or another. One thing that I haven't been able to get any information on, do you have to pay for subsequent repairs after your first?

surprised you didn't notice that..like...immediately.
All I knew about it was the title and that it was a zombie game, I hadn't looked into it at all :/

All I knew about it was the title and that it was a zombie game, I hadn't looked into it at all :/

Agreed, i thought it was txt speak as well. So there big boy. :heh::smile:

sillies.

It looks so awesome- like an fps diablo with zombie carnage.

The zombies look really weak but there's so many! Can't wait. I'm buying it over GoW2 if need be.

I'm buying it over GoW2 if need be.

Take that back

I know I'm buying Left 4 Dead before GoW2. I'm buying pretty much all my games before GoW2 =]. 'Course I didn't like GoW that much...*Hides*

Definitely getting Left 4 Dead, I'm moving into a house with a couple of mates with Xboxes, and this game is going to rule hard. I didn't particularly like GoW either.

Left 4 Dead sounds like a guaranteed purchase for me if it has local (split screen) multiplayer :)

I'd buy it over GoW2 too. I want both games, but stuff from Valve is always pretty special!

I'd buy it over GoW2 too. I want both games, but stuff from Valve is always pretty special!

This man speaks the truth.

Has anybody seen this

Take that back

na man. Left4dead is both a new concept and made by Valve. Much as GoW2 looks like it'll rock hard, it's essentially going to rock in the same way GoW did. On limited funds, I'm definitely buying L4D.

Course, if I can afford it I'm buying both anyway.

Thing about Left 4 Dead is I can't decide if I want to get it on Xbox, and play it with my Xbox'ing irl mates (and have to buy Live Gold again) or get it on PC and play it with PC'ing internet mates and save the Live subscription.

I'm in the same boat Gizmo.

360 = headset... and the game needs it.

PC = Look and probably control better, better community (generally)... and a tonne cheaper and user generated content.

I'll be going for PC version myself. It's source, it's valve it's PC. We all know the Console version will get screwed over all updates and content.

Use a headset on the PC, if you have a xbox then there's no problem in doing that since you can use that headset on the pc.