NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Does anyone know how big the matches in the Beta will be, I mean how many players maximum can play altogether?

16 vs. 16 would be awesome although it's probably just gonna be 8 vs. 8.

They mentioned that in the real game, there will be a maxium of 16 players but I'm not sure about the Beta. I do know that there will be 2 player splitscreen though.

You should have several ethernet ports in the back of your computer. Just connect it to that. I wish someone gave me that advice before I forked out 60 quid for a wireless adaptor.

I plug it im but nothing happens. My PC used wireless to connect to the router if that will affect anything.

I plug it im but nothing happens. My PC used wireless to connect to the router if that will affect anything.

Can't you plug it into one of the ethernet ports on your adaptor Fresh? That's what I did.

Can't you plug it into one of the ethernet ports on your adaptor Fresh? That's what I did.

Which adaptor is that? Im shit at the whole tech thing.

Shit, ive played around and now its changed. now it fails to get a IP address.

My pc only had 1 ethernet port at the back of it. And that was for the computer.

All I did was plug it into the back of the router. It worked perfectly fine, maybe you have to open some ports on the router?

My pc only had 1 ethernet port at the back of it. And that was for the computer.

All I did was plug it into the back of the router. It worked perfectly fine, maybe you have to open some ports on the router?

Thats what i was thinking, anybody know which ones it will use?

Thats what i was thinking, anybody know which ones it will use?

Any of them I think, just plug it in the router and see what happens. :smile:

Any of them I think, just plug it in the router and see what happens. :smile:

Doesnt help, its still messing around with my IP.

Mother of shit it worked

Hmm I just remembered, the ports that I tried to open were for Media Connct, which didn't work in the end. The second thing I did was to open the NAT.

Just plug it into any free port on the router. It should work, if not then I don't know how to help anymore. I'm not a tech dude, I just work from experience.

Edit: It worked? Put your gamername thing on here so you can be added!

Right i think ive fixed it. WOw my network is stupidly complicated now.

Downloading updates first, Yey!

bah trying to get a gamertag that isnt already in use.

Yay, obligatory game of Gears for a new 360 owner tonight then?

WOO you got it online! I accepted your friend request. I'm actually up for some GOW now if anyone wants to play? Or later?

I dont have gears :( I only have Pro Evo 6 which i care about.

Why is GOW in your gamertag then? :heh:

Are you not on Gold? your gamercard in your sig is silver.

Just sent you a friend request aswell :D

Are you not on Gold? your gamercard in your sig is silver.

Just sent you a friend request aswell :D

Not on gold yet, ive got a month pre-pay thing but i havnt used that yet.

You should get Gears and then use the Gold month thing. Go online with the rest of us and you won't want the rest of the free trial to end :p

Maybe. Anybody want to have a game of Pro Evo with me? im bored.

Won't be able to if you're on Silver. Only Gold members can play with other people. Sucks I know but it's worth it.

Apparently some Elite's aren't working straight out of the box.

lol.

I think Jordan posted a link to Eurogamer's comparison between the Elite and Premium 360s, and...there doesn't seem to be that great a difference between the two systems. How much is the elite supposed to cost?

Hmm.

Why aren't they working?

and wired is more relaible

There's not really anything wrong with wireless. I can stream music from my Mac to my Xbox using the wireless adapter and it works perfectly. Does anyone ever have any problems with wireless online gaming?

Stefkov you still up for Crackdown tomorrow night?

To quote someone over at the Gaf:

I went to Wal-Mart at midnight to pick up an Elite. Got home, plugged everything in, and it was ****ed. All that would happen was that the green ring would spin in a continuous pattern on the console, with a picture intermittently showing up on the screen. It was like the unit was in a constant state of reboot, as all I ever caught glimpses of was the splash screen.

The only difference between the Elite and the Premium is a much bigger Hard Drive, HDMI output and a propra gangsta paintjob on the machine and the controller. Not much, really.

I'm buying a black joypad and battery pack...

The rest seems pointless.