NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

the Elite 360 and the price just makes no sense. I think MS are making a mistake and it makes the PS3 look more attractive. with a estimated £350 price plus £50 for a wireless adaptor your looking at £400. Me personally see it as waste of money considering I could get Japanese 20GB PS3 for £260 and then a external 100GB HD for like £40!

The only hope is that it gets released in Japan as the 60GB PS3 is like £310 - £320 so MS will sell the elite for less so your looking at £230 - £250 max.

I can't see the Elite being any more than £300 over here!

As IGN say;

Over the ocean, Xbox 360 Elite launches on April 29 priced at $479.99, roughly equivalent to £245/360 EUR. Such a European price point would significantly undercut the PS3, however - let's be honest - chances of a direct price conversion are slim at best.

As soon as we hear more about the Elite's European arrival, we'll let you know.

Current exchange US-UK exchange rates put the Elite at around £245, but it won't be released over here at that price.

The Premium costs £279.99, so I'd either expect it to replace the Premium at that price, or Microsoft set the Elite at around £299.99.

Yeah but that's not official, as there has been no official info on the Elite for Europe.

The price of £349.99 in that article makes no sense and is probably a guess based on old exchange rates of about £1 = $1.50.

At least IGN have done something right in that they have worked it out based on current exchange rates! Which although won't determine the final price for the UK, help determine a much more likely cost bracket!

It seems logical for the Elite to replace the Premium with a similar or slightly marked up price, and the Premium will see a slight price drop.

Overlord being? . . . .

I think its the whole free form part of Bioshock that really appeals to me, and i think it'll be different to pretty much every FPS game when its released.

Pikmin + Fable = Overlord. You Control imps and such to pillage and destroy villages etc.

Gamestation in-store deal;

£319.99 (could have been £314.99?)

- 360 Premium

- Extra Wireless Controller

- Lost Planet

- Gears of War

- Rainbow Six: Vegas

- Need for Speed: Carbon

- 360 Premium

- Lost Planet

- Gears of War

Woolworths have got something similar ATM. I think its either £27.99-£299.99

Premium Console

Gears of War

Project Gotham 3

Crackdown

Additional Wireless Controller

I dont really like RPGS per se, but fuck me how good is Oblivion I love the open endedness of it. I also love the fact that you'll see a hill in the distance and you walk all the way up the hill without seeing a loading screen. I wish I had bought it earlier.

- 360 Premium

- Lost Planet

- Gears of War

Shit fuckin shit!!! *Runs to gamestation butt nekked with a wad of cash*

Lost Planet is truly fantastic, reminds me of games like probotector. Vegas is supposed to be fantastic too. Quiet you...- _ -...

I never got into R6V. Its still in my to do list, but I just cant be bothered. Might trade it in and get Lost planet. Unless someone wants to trade it for it?

Lost Planet is truly fantastic, reminds me of games like probotector. Vegas is supposed to be fantastic too. Quiet you...- _ -...

So wait? You got your 360 Bard?

I was not happy with Vegas at all, I bought it played it when I got home. 10 minutes later I was like "You know what screw this" and went back to Gears. The sad thing is I was really excited about Vegas.:(

Hmm.. Dunno what the hell to do. Im so split in between only getting a Wii and / or PS3. But now I started cheking out the 360 as an alternative and there are a pretty nice bunch of games that im interested in (Gears of war, dead rising, lost planet, oblivion .. to name a few) and on internet auction, it's a pretty dang cheap console...

:(

I got a 360 2 months ago because there were loads of games out for it but when I looked at the games that are going to come out for it I was flawed, there are a crap load coming out and quite a few of them are exclusive. Plus XBL is awesome. I wasn't considering getting a PS3 until recently but I've decided to wait for a) more games b) a price drop and maybe c) redesign.

Whatever console you get, you arn't really going to go wrong but until I got my 360 I was getting really bored of gaming!

I was not happy with Vegas at all, I bought it played it when I got home. 10 minutes later I was like "You know what screw this" and went back to Gears. The sad thing is I was really excited about Vegas.:(

I miss the old style Rainbow Six like when it was alot more tactical and tense.

Not action like with some a tactical thinking on the side.

I finally downloaded the crackdown demo yesturday. Now i really want the game.