NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

wow, me and me mate just spent 4 hours on gears of war co-op, it owns single player, best co-op since Splinter Cell CT. Cant wait to finish chapter 5 now. This has no single player appeal to me, i get bored of it dead easy on me own, but with a friend playing, its fun as hell.

I'm up for some games tonight, but before Lost is on (10)

How about 6.30ish, or 7?

Wow, really didn't much to the vehicle section I just played. It was so dull. Why the hell is it in this game?!

Just been doing co-op on Insane most of the day, man does it get frustrating. We were stuck on level 3 for an hour just trying to beat a certain part. In the middle of Act 4 at the moment but we kept getting killed and got agitated so we called it a day.

Wow, really didn't much to the vehicle section I just played. It was so dull. Why the hell is it in this game?!

Do you mean that masssive car/APC where you have to drive in the night while getting attacked by those things that only attack in the night?

I thouht that was an ok bit, took me a few goes because i hadnt a clue that i had to keep getting on the light turret.

Just finished it.....both me and my bro (i think) were like wtf at the ending.

Another thing that my bro questioned was when going along the train then a beserker comes out, where did he come from? We just came from the back of the train?!?

Apart from that this is a great game.

ps, i love sniping on COD3:D

Hmm more tempted now, cause I could get the 360 for £130 and a Wireless Adaptor for £30 and stream stuff. Which is all I really want the 360 for. Streamability.

yay! everyone who said Gears wouldn't live up to the hype was wrong!

:yay: *party* :yay:

Do you mean that masssive car/APC where you have to drive in the night while getting attacked by those things that only attack in the night?

I thouht that was an ok bit, took me a few goes because i hadnt a clue that i had to keep getting on the light turret.

Just finished it.....both me and my bro (i think) were like wtf at the ending.

Another thing that my bro questioned was when going along the train then a beserker comes out, where did he come from? We just came from the back of the train?!?

Apart from that this is a great game.

ps, i love sniping on COD3:D

Yeah, that bit, not a fan of it. It wasn't awful by any means just a short low point where I was just waiting for it to end so I could carry on shooting stuff.

Half way through act 3 now, still loving it, shame I've got to get stuff ready for tomorrow now, and then can't play again until tomorrow night. I even enjoyed firing my pistol and reloading to get 30 points for perfect reloading.

I even enjoyed firing my pistol and reloading to get 30 points for perfect reloading.

you shall die!!!! your Gamerscore shall soon cower before mine! mwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa *cough*

I have a copy of GoW but thought I would wait til xmas eve/xmas day

But I have to admit smackdown is quite cool but quite odd. Contols fantastic, royal rumble still dodgy. Using Chris Benoit.

I presume there are three parts:challenger,chamption,legend

Just doning Casual Multiplayer, tried to scam insane, but it didnt work, got 'Clusterluck' and trying to get co-op achievments for Caris and get all the COG tags - which we are 27/28. Ive got all Hardcore and Casual achievments now:D

Yeah, that bit, not a fan of it. It wasn't awful by any means just a short low point where I was just waiting for it to end so I could carry on shooting stuff.

Half way through act 3 now, still loving it, shame I've got to get stuff ready for tomorrow now, and then can't play again until tomorrow night. I even enjoyed firing my pistol and reloading to get 30 points for perfect reloading.

Yeah i wondered by they put it in, every other time they ridfe in the car its always a cut scene if i rememeber correctly.

I did the perfect reloading with the rifle. I dont use the pistol muhc, only used it to kill those howling creatures, damn im no good with names, as it kills them with one shot, instead of wasting rifle bullets. And using it to shoot the propane tanks to get light.

Yeah i wondered by they put it in, every other time they ridfe in the car its always a cut scene if i rememeber correctly.

I did the perfect reloading with the rifle. I dont use the pistol muhc, only used it to kill those howling creatures, damn im no good with names, as it kills them with one shot, instead of wasting rifle bullets. And using it to shoot the propane tanks to get light.

Wasn't a waste of ammo if I used the pistol to do it. Took me a while cus I kept buggering it up at the 4th one. Hopefully will have the game finished in the next couple of days and I can get on with playing it on hardcore (want to finish casual before I go through it on harder.)

And Tak, you best start playing King Kong if you want to get a higher GS than me...:heh:

Wasn't a waste of ammo if I used the pistol to do it. Took me a while cus I kept buggering it up at the 4th one. Hopefully will have the game finished in the next couple of days and I can get on with playing it on hardcore (want to finish casual before I go through it on harder.)

I also played it through on casual, gonna do Hardcore this week.

The sweet spot while reloading gets smaller each time you do it. I think this is pretty nifty.

In the middle of battle, your reloading your gun, the sweet bit is tiny and you miss it by a little bit then get shot. Would be annoying but i think a good feature.

I'm playing Gears whenever I get the time, it's soooo brilliant! I'm part way through chapter 4, and there were one or two really frustrating parts. I got past them eventually though. Chapter 3 is the best one so far imo.

Also, who reckons the graphics on GoW are as good as most PS3 graphics we've seen? *Knows he'll get flamed for that...*

The sweet spot while reloading gets smaller each time you do it. I think this is pretty nifty.

In the middle of battle, your reloading your gun, the sweet bit is tiny and you miss it by a little bit then get shot. Would be annoying but i think a good feature.

I noticed that it gets smaller too, nice touch. I really like the reload feature in Gow. Screwing up a reload in the middle of a brutal standoff really adds to the tension. Brilliant! :)

you shall die!!!! your Gamerscore shall soon cower before mine! mwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa *cough*

*Looks at Takeo's gamerscore.* OMG, you're catching me up!! Must. Play. More....

yay! everyone who said Gears wouldn't live up to the hype was wrong!

:yay: *party* :yay:

Actually we've had a fair few people say they weren't as impressed as the hype made out, and two even traded in.

You even said yourself its a placeholder until Halo 3 comes out. A great game remains a classic forever, not until a better version comes out.

Actually we've had a fair few people say they weren't as impressed as the hype made out, and two even traded in.

You even said yourself its a placeholder until Halo 3 comes out. A great game remains a classic forever, not until a better version comes out.

Gears is totally different to what Halo will be/is. The two are comperable in that they both were the first kick ass new ip on each system, have huge amounts of replayability and they both have awesome online multiplayer.

Its a placeholder in that the 360 community tends to love a game for a few weeks after it comes out then moves on, Halo 2 was the first, then COD 2, now Gears, next shall be Halo 3 unless something surprises everyone then after that probably Gears 2.

So to reduce it to JUST a place holder is totally selling the game short in every conceivable way and basing it upon a couple of people trading it in doesn't justify anything.

When the next gen 360 is coming out people will look back upon the fun they had with Gears in the same way they do with Halo. It totally deserves its hype and the only slight disappointment is the length of the single player but its saved by its replayability.

Go buy the game, play it, play it online, then play it again on co-op on insane just cos its so fun, then come back and try to say its disappointing and its just a placeholder till Halo 3.

Also, who reckons the graphics on GoW are as good as most PS3 graphics we've seen? *Knows he'll get flamed for that...*

Much better I think.

Then again, we are comparing a second gen 360 flagship title that's been in development for 4 years to a PS3 launch game :p

The minetrain part in Act 3 of GoW on Hardcore is so enjoyable. Can't wait to try that shit on insane.

Me and Domstercool are 70% or so through Act 4 on Hardcore, but yes some parts of act 2 and 3 are the most fun i've had in a long time on a game.

Im hoping this time next week we will all be talking about Phantasy star universe instead of Gears, not that gears isnt great of course.

If PSU had FREE online multi (totally feasable, all the game apart from Lobby is player side hosted) i'd buy it.