NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Alan Wake, winner of E3 2005 Game of the Show award, will be announced as an exclusive title at this years E3 press briefing.

Rumours have been rife about the hotly anticipated Alan Wake being snapped up by a big publisher since developer Remedy lost Take 2 as a publishing partner. It seems Microsoft have seen the potential in Alan Wake and have snapped up the rights to Remedy's third person adventure.

According to sources the announcement is expected at the Microsoft E3 conference on wednesday, now we love surprises but we felt we had to let you guys know as this is just massive.

Expect much more during E3!

Yay, 360 1 - 0 PS3

Test drive unlimited demo is now on marketplace amongst loads of trailers including sonic and dead rising.

What happened to Resi 5 ?

Cant believe they never showed it :cry:

Hope it comes out next yr, not 2008

so is GTA 4 exclusive or not? Some places say it is but some say its coming out for PS3 aswell :hmm:

Its not, its coming out on the same day as PS3. Thats it.

Shame, that would of been the ultimate blow to Sony. Even so having GTA NOT being an exclusive for PS3 is a blow to them in all.

Think about it, its on 2 consoles and one is about £150 less... which are you gunna go for?

Think about it, its on 2 consoles and one is about £150 less... which are you gunna go for?

Very true. Didnt Microsoft get some exclusive deal in terms of downloads from Rockstar or something?

Very true. Didnt Microsoft get some exclusive deal in terms of downloads from Rockstar or something?

jepp. I'll buy this for my 360 anywayz. Need those gamerpoints :P

and Xbox live will not be rivaled by ps3

Isnt the 360 & PS3 version of GTA coming out at the same time in Oct ?

If this is true does that mean the PS3 will be coming out then ? I thought it was gettin released in Nov ? :hmm:

Isnt the 360 & PS3 version of GTA coming out at the same time in Oct ?

If this is true does that mean the PS3 will be coming out then ? I thought it was gettin released in Nov ? :hmm:

Alot of people are making this mistake. GTA is set to come out in Oct 2007 not 2006.

Alot of people are making this mistake. GTA is set to come out in Oct 2007 not 2006.

Rrr Rigiht...

LOL, thx for making it clear now

But the Playstation 3 version will have greater graphics, than the 360

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

Indeed, we've seen no 3rd party title running on both XBOX360 and PS3 so far. Its currently impossible to say which is the most powerful.

doesnt the 360 have a better gpu then the ps3?

This is the basic jist:

The "RSX" engine that the PS3 runs on is mostly centred around the GPU. Although the PS3 has 32 (i think!) pipelines, they are ridged. This means they aren't flexable in terms of what data runs through them. The XBOX360 GPU however has less pipelines (something like 16) but are flexable, the developer can put literally anything through them.

Although the PS3 and XBOX360 seem powerful, this time next year PC's will already be more powerful. Crazy eh?

Oh no, they do look ok, just not great. I've go no quibbles with anything else about them (as I don't have one) but the picture quality IS inferior to a lot of other makes. It's FACT. I was gonna go with one, because I assumed they'd be the best (being on the demo pods and all) but I read a load of reviews, got a load of prices (did my research, basically) and lots of places said what I said above. And when I play the demo pods, the quality really is noticebly different, honest.

The only thing shitty about my Panasonic is the fact that it doesn't have VGA input. Grrr.

Negative, i just got a 26inch Samsung yesterday and although i said i hated HD-TV i now love it, theres no jaggies anymore so it must of been my shitty monitor and when you go and say that Samsungs picture quality are lower than alot of others thats wrong, i just got one of the newer models (the one up from the demo pod) and it has one of the best screens available at this point. (and the pannel is made by LG) So its all good.

This is the basic jist:

The "RSX" engine that the PS3 runs on is mostly centred around the GPU. Although the PS3 has 32 (i think!) pipelines, they are ridged. This means they aren't flexable in terms of what data runs through them. The XBOX360 GPU however has less pipelines (something like 16) but are flexable, the developer can put literally anything through them.

Although the PS3 and XBOX360 seem powerful, this time next year PC's will already be more powerful. Crazy eh?

*strokes Expensive pc that bloody crashes a lot.

Negative, i just got a 26inch Samsung yesterday and although i said i hated HD-TV i now love it, theres no jaggies anymore so it must of been my shitty monitor and when you go and say that Samsungs picture quality are lower than alot of others thats wrong, i just got one of the newer models (the one up from the demo pod) and it has one of the best screens available at this point. (and the pannel is made by LG) So its all good.

If you were using a CRT or a shitty refresh rate TFT that was probably the reason.

Even on my small 19" 16:10 (PC Widescreen) Acer TFT, the 360's HD looks god damn awesome.