NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

You get a 3 year one with it for RROD which if it dies its pretty guaranteed to be because of that.

Will do.

I'm thinking of getting Call of Duty 4 and Project Gotham Racing 4 with it later today, and possibly get Assassin's Creed tomorrow. I may also get SoR2 and StH2 on XBLA.

Carcassonne is up free now. I downloaded it but got Assassins Creed to play.

I'm getting a 360 sometime this week or next week.

*waits for people to die of shock*

You made a good decision. Can i ask why you suddenly thought of getting one?

I'm considering Psychonauts and Fable. Hopefully Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon Orta will eventually be released for it. I've already got Prince of Persia and Shenmue II on disc and there aren't many games I ever wanted for XBOX.

Just buy them off me! 5 quid each!

You made a good decision. Can i ask why you suddenly thought of getting one?

I want a console and Wiis are either too expensive or not available. Plus Banjo is only on the 360, and there's plenty of other good games.

Carcassone - fairly rubbish, I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I actually turned the music in the game off in settings.

Korean account - Do I need to do the Hotmail trick for this to work?

Carcassone - fairly rubbish, I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I actually turned the music in the game off in settings.

Korean account - Do I need to do the Hotmail trick for this to work?

Carcassone is ace! If I didn't get Assassin's Creed today, I would be playing alot of it!

And for the Korean account, nothing special needed to do, I just entered my E-mail address as something like this "[email protected]" and worked perfectly.

i think the guys at thq making SVR08 have been alsleep for the past year while making it. Theres only a few changes, less people and the "24/7" mode is pretty shite.

Wish they would actually stop and think about changing it from ground up instead of there "o its a WWE game all the fans will buy it" attitude.

Just playing it seems like they havent done hardly fuk all

Well, after a day of playing, some quick impressions.

The Console Itself - A bit smaller than I thought it was, looks rather nice. The dashboard is lovely, too (minus the few ads). My Phone connects to it via USB so I can play all the music from that in the games, and there's plenty of demos and XBLA games.

Controller - Very comfortable works very well and it's the perfect weight. The triggers are awesome, too.

Call of Duty 4 - I've spent most of my time on this game. A fantastic FPS that portrays war very well in a modern environment. It looks lovely and it's a lot of fun (minus the level where you control the plane's guns).

Project Gotham Raving 4 - I currently suck at the game, but multiplayer (I've only played split-screen) is a lot of fun. There's a great selection of cars/bikes, too.

Forza Motorsport 2 - Easier to get into than PGR4, so I'm mainly working through this racing game's singleplayer, and keeping PPGR4 for multiplayer for now.

I've got and had a quick go of Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and they seem to be fantastic ports (Much better than the Virtual Console versions). I've tried a few XBLA demos, and they seem quite fun.

I'm getting Assassin's Creed in the post on Saturday/Monday, and one of my housemates is getting Halo 3 and (possibly) Gears of War soon.

Glad your enjoying it Cube. Once you get comfortable playing with everyone on here via Live thats when the fun starts :)

Call of Duty 4 - I've spent most of my time on this game. A fantastic FPS that portrays war very well in a modern environment. It looks lovely and it's a lot of fun (minus the level where you control the plane's guns).

WHAT! That level is ACE!!! I only use the little "cannon" (not gatlin) on this one and i chuckle every time

Well, after a day of playing, some quick impressions.

The Console Itself - A bit smaller than I thought it was, looks rather nice. The dashboard is lovely, too (minus the few ads). My Phone connects to it via USB so I can play all the music from that in the games, and there's plenty of demos and XBLA games.

Controller - Very comfortable works very well and it's the perfect weight. The triggers are awesome, too.

Project Gotham Raving 4 - I currently suck at the game, but multiplayer (I've only played split-screen) is a lot of fun. There's a great selection of cars/bikes, too.

Forza Motorsport 2 - Easier to get into than PGR4, so I'm mainly working through this racing game's singleplayer, and keeping PPGR4 for multiplayer for now.

I've got and had a quick go of Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and they seem to be fantastic ports (Much better than the Virtual Console versions). I've tried a few XBLA demos, and they seem quite fun.

I'm getting Assassin's Creed in the post on Saturday/Monday, and one of my housemates is getting Halo 3 and (possibly) Gears of War soon.

The Live Arcade versions of Sonic are better, because they're in 60 Hz, have achievements, and the graphics are improved.

Glad your enjoying it Cube. Once you get comfortable playing with everyone on here via Live thats when the fun starts :)

Ah yes, the Live nights. How i have had fun team killing Rob over and over again, or squashing someone on a Motorbike with you in PGR.

i luv live 4eva.

I loved both gunship missions on COD. Watching the body fly away by firing the 40mm gun was just so satisfying. The other one, on the side of the helichopter was alright, a bitch on Veteran though.

Real life Ac-130 mission:

This one show more action

But the musiv kinda ruins it

i think the guys at thq making SVR08 have been alsleep for the past year while making it. Theres only a few changes, less people and the "24/7" mode is pretty shite.

Wish they would actually stop and think about changing it from ground up instead of there "o its a WWE game all the fans will buy it" attitude.

Just playing it seems like they havent done hardly fuk all

Yukes went downhill years ago mate. last good wrestling game they made was Toukon Retsuden on the PSone and Dreamcast. Ever since they started developing WWE games they have got worse.

I have found every Smackdown game to be average due to the dumb A.I. Wrestle Kingdom I and II were really poor also. SVR needs a new engine, it is still using alot of the animations from the PS2 games.

Just got Geometry Wars...

It's absolutely amazing.

You -need- to get marble blast.

Best XBLA game, or one of them at least.