NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

If I was to buy an Elite 360 and then within a year it breaks down can I just take it back to the shop and get it exchanged there as its still under warrenty or do I still have to ship it off to Microsoft?

Microsoft.

I dont think so. Like Caris said earlier, once the new chips etc have become mainstream then it should solve the problems.

It was me who said that. :blank:

If I was to buy an Elite 360 and then within a year it breaks down can I just take it back to the shop and get it exchanged there as its still under warrenty or do I still have to ship it off to Microsoft?

Depends on the shop for how much hassle you'll get but all electronic goods sold have a 12 month warranty from the point of sale, so you should be ok if you buy it from game or somewhere that knows what they're doing. Best thing to do is ask the shop about it before you buy just so you know for certain.

Whats the exact problem you're having? I got mine and set it up without any major problems.

It's not receiving the signal, maybe my router isn't compatible??

It's not receiving the signal, maybe my router isn't compatible??

Hmm, I can't really help beyond checking if its in range...Xbox.com should have something to help you out, compatibility details and such.

Anyone know any good 360 communities?

Also, i bought an arcade game purely for achievements :(

It does look quite nice. The clear bit really just makes a difference.

A good mod would perhaps have no case, coolest model ever.

Anyway seriously, anyone know a good 360 community? I'm sure Hero saidhe knew a good one.

Really sucks for all of you to have all of these problems. Only problem I've had is my console locking up on GRAW online, but I just took it to the store, and they replaced it. Works perfect otherwise.

Anyway seriously, anyone know a good 360 community? I'm sure Hero saidhe knew a good one.

I usually check out teamxbox.com and the official UK forums on xbox.com

Microsoft today announced an estimated retail price drop for its Xbox 360 family of consoles in the UK, and welcomed a new member of the family – Xbox 360 Elite. With a product to suit every interest and budget plus the best line up of games of any console, the Xbox 360 range is poised to bring amazing gaming and entertainment experiences to even more consumers this Christmas. The lower cost opens the door to Xbox 360 for more people, helping to broaden the market for gaming and enabling more people to enjoy titles like Halo 3 (Bungie), Scene It? (Microsoft Game Studios), Bioshock (2k Games), Project Gotham Racing 4 (Bizarre Creations), Mass Effect (BioWare), Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Bandai/Namco), Naruto (Ubisoft), Blue Dragon (Mistwalker/Artoon Co. Ltd) and more – all only on Xbox 360.

From Friday, 24th August 2007, new estimated retail pricing will come into effect for Xbox 360 in the UK. The Xbox 360, which includes a 20GB hard drive and one wireless controller, will be reduced by £30 to carry an estimated retail price of £249.99. The entry-level Xbox 360 Core console, perfect for those wishing to make their first foray into the gaming and entertainment world of Xbox, will be reduced by £20 to carry an estimated retail price of £179.99.

Xbox 360 Elite will carry an estimated retail price of £299.99 when it launches in the UK this Friday, 24th August. It comes with a massive 120GB hard drive, enabling consumers to store huge quantities of content downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace as well as their own music. The inclusion of a high-definition multimedia interface port (HDMI) is designed for the expanding groups of consumers with HD TVs and HDMI – it offers an alternative method for getting the incredible high-definition gaming and entertainment experiences that Xbox 360 has pioneered. A premium black finish marks the Xbox 360 Elite as the ultimate in entertainment devices and the ‘luxury’ option for seasoned gamers.

“We’re pleased to be able to offer Xbox 360 at a new, lower estimated retail price,†said Stephen McGill, Head of Gaming & Entertainment, Xbox UK. “We pioneered the successful concept of multiple products for multiple categories of consumer. First-timers will love the Xbox 360 Core system, which offers an affordable entry into high-definition gaming. The Xbox 360 Elite, with its large hard drive and wireless controller, will appeal to casual and experienced gamers and families. The Xbox 360 opens up whole new avenues of entertainment for those who seek the ultimate gaming and entertainment experience.

“Whether it’s our lead in console sales, record-setting games and accessory attach rates or our leading online service, evidence is everywhere that Xbox is thriving,†continued McGill. â€When you combine that momentum with these great-value offerings with our unbeatable Christmas game line-up, it’s clear that Xbox 360 is uniquely placed to take the UK by storm this Christmas.â€

So we finally receive the drop we've all been waiting for, but is it a substantial drop? As previously seen over in Australia, the Core system is now in firing range of the Wii, but buyers will be forced to make that HDD (£129.99 for 120GB!) or memory card upgrade to make full use of what the 360 has to offer. Let us know you views on the UK prices, have you been waiting for this drop to purchase a 360? Leave us a comment below.

So basically -

Core = £180

Premium = £250

Elite = £300

I was considering a trade for an elite. Think i'll stick with the premium for now.

The wii's got hot comeptition now actually. Sure, it's only the core But at £180 (+a memory card) you've got yourself a 360.

The wii's got hot comeptition now actually. Sure, it's only the core But at £180 (+a memory card) you've got yourself a 360.

There not really compeating for the same market and who the hell buys core?

Noobs buy core, casual noobs. I mean still yeah the Wii will probably shoot ahead some more, but this has gotta help sales a little bit, 'specially with Halo 3 round the corner.