NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

The new Sonic demo is absolutely terrible! The controls are disastrous and it looks like an Xbox game. Oh dear, Sonic Team...

The new Sonic demo is absolutely terrible! The controls are disastrous and it looks like an Xbox game. Oh dear, Sonic Team...

You guys sound suprised. 3D Sonic games havent been anygood for a long long time.

Well duh...

But STILL. How is it even WORSE than the other tripe they've slapped the Sonic name on to?

excited about all the demos and shit, but a black xbox 360? ill be ashamed to have a white, should look good

I knew I wasn't going to be impressed by the demo when I died about 5 seconds after starting. Let's hope that's just an early build, or something. Also change that crap music, I wants me some cheesy 80's rock like in SA1/SA2/Heroes.

Wow, a shitty 3D Sonic game? Who knew?

LMBO

I played it for like 2 mins or something and it is terrible. The random flying off the edge when doing the homing attack is still there I see, why the hell cant they sort that probnlem out I mean its been in every single 3D sonic game.

hold your horses guys this is the e3 demo, they had several months to improve the game since then, so wait till the final game is out to judge it

hold your horses guys this is the e3 demo, they had several months to improve the game since then, so wait till the final game is out to judge it

Since they even made a demo that STILL HAS the problems all the 3D Sonic games had, I don't have very high hopes for this one at all.

If you actually press in the direction of the enemy you want to air dash, it rarely misses.

Wait its the E3 demo? And it has major glitches? Fucking hell Sega are a complete bunch of dumbasses in the home console market. "Yes, lets publish a demo on the Xbox Live service to get people aware of what a fantastic game they could be buying!"

Nobody is going to want to buy a game were the demo gives the impression of a glitched up catastrophe. The homing attack has always had problems, especialy Sonic Adventure 2.

Also, are the crap camera's fixed now? Or have they not improved upon that at all.

I assume I'm not the only one that has both been curious and a bit afraid to try out this demo. First of all, if this game was made by the same team that made Shadow and Heroes, I can say it's their best shot yet. My great fear of playing another greatly unworthy Sonic game is almost gone.

It plays well. The first 5 secounds, I thought the controls were a tad bit sensitive, but when I have to choose precicely where I want to go, that's actually not a bad thing. Sonic can jump, do homing, follow a trail of rings, ect. It feels like Sonic, even if Sonic himself has been re-designed a bit. One of the first things I experienced, was how the demoed level seems to have several different routes in it. First time through, I went with all the most obvious routes, and the level was fairly easy. Next time, I grabbed an eagle at the very first part of the level, managed to do a homing attack on some power-ups and follow a different route. Later in the level, I also found alternative routes. I liked that. Oh, and for those who are not used to Sonic Adventure, you might die if you do not know that you should press "x" to follow the rings. I died once because of that.

The camera is not entirely fixed / static, but not loose and 100% controllable either. It feels much better than what I remember from Shadow. I only had a slight problem when standing with Sonic right beside a wall. It still feels either better, or on par with most 3d platformers in terms of camera-work.

The level was very easy (It was so easy to get an A rank...) , but I assume it was just because it is the first level. If Sonic has lots of levels like this, I would concider getting the game to play his levels. The demo didn't have any levels with Silver or Shadow, so I'm not sure if I'll like their gameplay yet.

But even if I do give the game praise, it still doesn't feel as great and fresh as Sonic Adventure (1) was, but rather a next-gen update / polish.) I may like it so much, since I almost expected another Shadow game. The game looks good, and the animation is nice too, but I didn't really think much about that. The framerate took a hit twice in the level, but it wasn't very bad. Maybe the framerate could be completely fine in the final build?

Well the X06 conference has started, however the live feed on Xbox.com seems to be borked.

http://www.majornelson.com is updating with information though, with a great first bit of news: Banjo-Kazooie is coming to the 360.

excited about all the demos and shit, but a black xbox 360? ill be ashamed to have a white, should look good

Less racist talk please.

Well the X06 conference has started, however the live feed on Xbox.com seems to be borked.

http://www.majornelson.com is updating with information though, with a great first bit of news: Banjo-Kazooie is coming to the 360.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HAHAHAHAHA!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

• Halo Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary Halo universe and designed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, creators of the Age of Empires® franchise.

• Rockstar and Take-Two will provide Xbox 360 gamers with exclusive access to two epic downloadable episodes of Grand Theft Auto IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of new gameplay content, and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title.

•Ubisoft confirmed that the next Splinter Cell title, the installment after Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Double Agent™, will be exclusive to Xbox 360, a testament to the ability of the powerful next-gen game console to deliver experiences no other console can match.

•2K Games confirmed that BioShock, a first person shooter that will revolutionize the genre and forever change the expectations of gamers, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft® Windows® next spring.

• Project Gotham Racing® 4, was unveiled, the latest addition to the best-selling franchise, made exclusively for Xbox 360 by Bizarre Creations. PGR4 promises to continue the series' pedigree of innovation by introducing exciting new experiences to racing fans worldwide.

• The beloved Banjo-Kazooie franchise will breathe new, high-definition life exclusively on Xbox 360, from famed developer Rare Ltd. Beloved characters Banjo, Kazooie and Gruntilda—among other fan favorites—will new next-gen visuals and presentation as well as their sharp wit and hilarious sense of humor.

• Microsoft Game Studios will release its highly-anticipated new MMO game, Marvel Universe Online for both Xbox 360 and the Windows Vista™ operating system. MUO was developed by industry luminaries Cryptic Studios, creators of the smash hits City of Heroes and City of Villains.

Arriving at retailers in North America, the U.K, France and Germany

in mid-November 2006, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player will retail for

$199.99 in North America (estimated retail price)* and €199.99/£129.99 (estimated retail price)* in the U.K., France and Germany. The Xbox 360 HD DVD Player comes with the Universal Pictures' blockbuster film Peter Jackson's "King Kong" on HD DVD (for a limited time) and the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote.

Banjo Kazooie, A New one? A port on live or what o0 All I've seen in Banjo Kazooie on xbox 360 and it's kinda confusing, But stilla New BK game sounds cool ^^

and a Halo RTS? Thats why Microsoft told that Website that was craeting the C+C mod to seizee making the game after 3 years of them doing it >>

Arriving at retailers in North America, the U.K, France and Germany

in mid-November 2006, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player will retail for

$199.99 in North America (estimated retail price)* and €199.99/£129.99 (estimated retail price)* in the U.K., France and Germany. The Xbox 360 HD DVD Player comes with the Universal Pictures' blockbuster film Peter Jackson's "King Kong" on HD DVD (for a limited time) and the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

Cool! Not a bad price either!

meh havent got a hd tv so not gunna get yet until the tellys drop in price (got widescreen in room already and a hd widescreen costs £1000+ appox so no thanks...yet)