NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

was it after that that it went into a third person action game, then on to a FPS?

On July 21, 1999, during the Macworld Conference & Expo, Steve Jobs announced that Halo would be released for Mac OS and Windows simultaneously. Before this public announcement, game industry journalists under a non-disclosure agreement had previewed the game in a private showing during E3 1999, and were reportedly amazed.

Bungie Studios later stated an even earlier development build of the game centered on real-time strategy and was "basically Myth in a sci-fi universe."

At E3 2000, the first trailer of Halo was well-received.

The version shown there differed greatly from the one exhibited previously, marking the first major overhaul in the game's development. At this point, Halo was a third-person action game, in which a transport starship crashlands on a mysterious ring world that orbits a star.

Early versions of Covenant aliens appear in great numbers and loot what they can, and war erupts between them and the humans. Unable to match the technologically advanced alien race, the humans on the ring world resort to guerrilla warfare. This version of the game featured Halo-specific fauna, which were later dropped because of design difficulties and the creatures' "detract[ion] from the surprise, drama and impact of the Flood."

In accordance with rumors, Microsoft announced on June 19, 2000 that it had acquired Bungie Studios. Halo became an exclusive game for Microsoft's Xbox video game console, and Bungie Studios rewrote the game's engine, heavily altering its presentation and turning it into a first-person shooter. Originally a key element, the game's online multiplayer component was dropped because Xbox Live was unfinished at the time of Halo's release. While a playable demonstration of the game at Gamestock 2001 was well-received, critics had mixed reactions to its exhibition at E3 2001. The game was released in North America simultaneously with the Xbox, on November 15, 2001.

A Halo port for Windows was announced to be under development by Gearbox Software on July 12, 2002.

Its showing at E3 2003 was positively received by GameSpy and GameSpot, with skepticism from IGN.

It released on September 30, 2003, including support for online multiplayer play and featuring sharper graphics, but possessing compatibility issues that caused poor performance.

Halo was later released for Mac OS X on December 11, 2003.

defo dude-i dont regret paying 340 for my 360 and 2 games.

Well I'll see what I can do then.

What's the most popular game on xbox360 atm?

two of the best games out atm. or you could just wait for the black 360 at christmas

two of the best games out atm. or you could just wait for the black 360 at christmas

No, i'm planning on getting a Wii for xmas, so thats why i'm thinking of buying the 360 now.

Once I have a Wii and a 360 I shouldn't be too bothered about the PS3 for a long time.

drooling over the ingame footage from Gears of War and Assasin's Creed from X06 atm, can't wait for those games :)

Just watched the trailer for Halo Wars and im very excited by it. I having been playing games all day and thought I would check the net before I went to work, glad I did now. Also the annoucement of another Banjo game brings joy to my heart.

I've just realised that its not being made by Bungie, but the guys who make age of empires.

yahooo.

P.S. Why does Peter Jackson have to create a game based on the halo franchise. Why does he not create a new i.p. Personally though I believe its because he has as much creative talent as Beckham is the greatest footballer in the world.

Of course Beckham is shit footballer, true footballer star of the world was and still is if he didn't retire Alan Shearer

Can i ask, where is this Black 360 coming from?

there's been rumours doing the rounds for a while now about a black 360 but I think it's prob just someone who has painted their console :P

Today's news is fucking awesome.

1) Peter Jackson and Wingnut Films co-producing the next Halo game after Halo 3, with Bungie Studios

2) Peter Jackson making a new exclusive franchise with Microsoft Game Studios

3) Wingnut Interactive = second party developer (possibly first)

4) HD-DVD player for £130 with King Kong HD and Universal Media Remote

5) New Banjo-Kazooie and PGR4 titles

6) Splinter Cell exclusive

Why does Peter Jackson have to create a game based on the halo franchise. Why does he not create a new i.p. Personally though I believe its because he has as much creative talent as Beckham is the greatest footballer in the world.

Peter Jackson is fucking awesome.

X06 has been awsome, best news in ages.

When people say Splinter Cell is 360 only, i thought it was being bundled with the Wii?

Peter Jackson is a fucking awesome movie director.

Completed.

That Halo Wars FMV looks pretty cool and the music, as usual is awesome.

Peter Jackson is a fucking awesome movie director.

Completed.

He's not even any good at that now, gone well downhill since he sold out to Hollywood.

He's only made one film though.

Anyway he's involved with the next Halo game because he is working closely with Bungie over the Halo movie. They're working hand-in-hand, so a game alongside would make sense.

No, i'm planning on getting a Wii for xmas, so thats why i'm thinking of buying the 360 now.

Once I have a Wii and a 360 I shouldn't be too bothered about the PS3 for a long time.

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4966

Buy your 360 from here, they give you: Premium set-up, PGR3 game and extra wireless controller for only £285.

Peter Jackson is fucking awesome.

no hes not the Lord of Rings was great well because it is lord of the rings.

King Kong what tribe was he making/re-making kong. Best film he could of done was godzilla vs kong but no.

And he made the monkey look and act like he was a robot, not an ape/monkey critter.

If you look at peter jackson you see a man without or very little creative genious as stated by one of the actors on LotR

He made;

BrainDead.

LotR: 1,2,3.

King Kong.

:hmm:

He made one film he asked universal, and I believe Warner Bros to make those other films.

P.S. BrainDead was the right title for peter jackson aka no thought put behind it

He also made the Frightners (Michal J fox one with the ghosts) Pretty awsome Film.

and Black 360.....>> I thoughtit Ment Black for the 360 a new verison which I wasn't too bohered about but a Black CONSOLE now thats pretty cool, I need to read thngis more carefully though