NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I want GH2, but ill wait for rock band so i can get the drum version, hell yeyah!

If Rock Band or GH3 has some amazing tracks i might get one of them, but i don´t really like the idea of buying another guitar a couple months later (GH3 has a new guitar ffs) just to get a new one.

I kinda agree with Bardy here. Guitar Hero is like every other rythm game, but the "romance" (for want of a better word) surrounding the guitar gives it extra sales. Most people playing know it's nothing like a real guitar. I'm terrible with a real guitar, yet can outplay my cousin who plays at a near proffessional level.

But that doesn't make it a bad game.

Being good at Dance Dance Revolution doesn't make you a good dancer. Being good at Donkey Konga doesn't make you good at drumming.

etcetc...

But I'm wondering, has anything been said about the Xplorer guitar being useable for Rock Band? I have no doubt RB will be better than GH3, but I ain't spending another £70 for another guitar for essentially a new song set, especially if I can't multiplayer with it. I'd rather just buy the game and use the Xplorer.

Rock Band guitar has 10 buttons and the Xplorer has 5 so i think we can pretty much rule out the possibility of using the Xplorer with RB

Harmonix have said the GH2 guitar will work with Rock band. The other 5 buttons are used during whatever roack bands star power equivilant will be. Instead of the main 5 buttons. But as they're the same colours you would assume the system will ralise you have the Explorer and adjust itself accordingly.

They said it would work with Rock Band however you wouldn't be able to do everything in it.

Well I got a promo copy of Dirt for £20 and I am enjoying it but I still think some of the cars are way too floaty. sometimes it feels like you're driving a fish across a lake of ice, the car just swings left and right as if it's trying to throw you out of it. And the braking time of 60-0 in one second is very silly!

It is good they left out actual multi-player races over xbox live as it would be more like bumper cars.

I think Rallisport 2 on xbox is better than this game you know.

I tried the DiRT demo after seeing it being praised highly by you lot

Its actually quite difficult, and I do like my racing games, but I dont like this

*sigh*

Wheres burnout to sort the men from the boys?

:p

rock-band-20070621113948511.jpg

Ohh pretty.

Guitar for Rock Band. What is that game, someone elses attempt at a Guitar Hero or the next GH?

Harmonix (the developers who made Guitar Hero) are now doing Rock Band whilst Activision bought the Guitar Hero name from Red Octane and are now making Guitar Hero 3 (and calling Rock Band a GH ripoff ;) )

Harmonix (the developers who made Guitar Hero) are now doing Rock Band whilst Activision bought the Guitar Hero name from Red Octane and are now making Guitar Hero 3 (and calling Rock Band a GH ripoff ;) )

Thankyou, that's all I wanted to know.

Guitar Hero 3 looks like shit. They're fucked around with the timing, the multiplayer, the combo meter. Everything and now it looks daft.

Then theres Rock Band, where basically, they're milking us dry for accessories and probably insane lag on the online play.

Either way, we're fucked.

Q4 2007.

Is there a chance of Encore : Rock the 80's coming to 360?

I'm guessing

1 'Holiday Season'

2 Compete with Rock Band

3 They want our money sooner rather than later.

the cars when you first start forza are WAY to slow half the time im screaming at the car to go faster grrr. Grr its a dam audi tt as well it feels like a 1.0 car

I'm guessing

1 'Holiday Season'

2 Compete with Rock Band

3 They want our money sooner rather than later.

Heh, yeah you speak a lot of sense there alright!!

I have just finished playing the Overlord demo and im pretty impressed with it. Its like an evil version of Pikmin, with a visual style that mixes Oblivion and Kameo. Shame I have many games to play and The Darkness on the way or I would have picked this up.

Also, I downloaded the Transformers The Game intro from marketplace (US one havent checked if its on the Euro one) and I really cant wait for that game, or the movie!

Guitar Hero 3 looks like shit. They're fucked around with the timing, the multiplayer, the combo meter. Everything and now it looks daft.

Then theres Rock Band, where basically, they're milking us dry for accessories and probably insane lag on the online play.

Either way, we're fucked.

Not if we don't buy them we're not.

Is there a chance of Encore : Rock the 80's coming to 360?

Probably as DLC for GH2.

Who's up for Gears tonight at 8 or 9?

I can actually definitely play tonight as my 'rents are going out.

Jaysus

But sure hasnt GH2 just been released this year???

it was released last November on the PS2 I think

Does ANYONE own fusion frenzy 2? Nobody plays online and I was to get the last achievements.

Why in gods name do I have a 7 on the end of my gamerscore. That will never go will it? Unless I somehow manage to get 3 points.