NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Rumor: ATI already won next gen Xbox deal

We've learned from industry sources that AMD / ATI has already won the GPU deal for the next generation XboX console. It looks like Microsoft was happy with first Xeons GPU and it wants to continue using the same, especially since the new ATI GPU should keep the compatibility with legacy games.

The consoles refresh was supposed to happen in 2010 but due to the recession both Microsoft and Sony have decided to push its plans for 2012 and keep the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 alive for more than it was originally planned.

We don’t know how the GPU looks like but judging from the timeline when it is supposed to be delivered we suspect that it might be a 28nm part.

Rumor: nVidia Tegra Wins Contract For Next-Gen DS

It must be GPU industry leak day or PR war day.

I have a question...

I'm trying to stream videos and music from my Laptop's external HDD to my Xbox. The only problem is I can't figure out how to get Vista to share the files on my HDD so the Xbox can see them and I have to copy them to my C drive to run them on my Xbox.

Is there anyway to get the Xbox to see my HDD at all???

P.S. I've tried plugging it directly in to the Xbox with no luck.. It's NTFS formatted not FAT32 :(

Have you tried using Windows Media Center Connect? If you're on Vista that'll work for the Media Center, but it won't stream in game. All you should need to do is add your content to your Windows Media Player library (you shouldn't need to move the files, just drag them in to the Library so it knows where they are), hit the arrow under the Now Playing tab and go to Sharing. You should then be able to allow your Xbox to share your library.

I have a question...

I'm trying to stream videos and music from my Laptop's external HDD to my Xbox. The only problem is I can't figure out how to get Vista to share the files on my HDD so the Xbox can see them and I have to copy them to my C drive to run them on my Xbox.

Is there anyway to get the Xbox to see my HDD at all???

P.S. I've tried plugging it directly in to the Xbox with no luck.. It's NTFS formatted not FAT32 :(

This is how I do it:

In Vista, open Windows Media Player.

Press alt to bring up the menu, then tools > options.

Click Library tab then "Configure Sharing".

Tick the box "Share my Media" then OK.

A white box should appear with a list of devices in your network, if your 360 is on it will appear, click on it and click allow. In settings make sure it is set to share all your music. By default this will share everything in your Vista "Music" folder but you can choose other folders to monitor in the library tab.

This is how I do it:

In Vista, open Windows Media Player.

Press alt to bring up the menu, then tools > options.

Click Library tab then "Configure Sharing".

Tick the box "Share my Media" then OK.

A white box should appear with a list of devices in your network, if your 360 is on it will appear, click on it and click allow. In settings make sure it is set to share all your music. By default this will share everything in your Vista "Music" folder but you can choose other folders to monitor in the library tab.

It's OK, I've downloaded Tversity which is compatible with the 360 and now it's sorted it all for me, don't need to faff around with Windows settings.

Thanks for your quick responses.!

Ah, its that time again. Live renew time. E-bay sales should be able to fund this, same as a copy of the new NBA.

It's OK, I've downloaded Tversity which is compatible with the 360 and now it's sorted it all for me, don't need to faff around with Windows settings.

Thanks for your quick responses.!

Huh, tried Tversity when you mentioned it. Eets awesome. =D

I never did play the first one (have wanted to though so what do people think? It's cheap enough) but as that article says, it made a decent amount of money for Rare so a sequel getting canned is rather strange. Either they were working on bigger and better projects (B&K: Nuts and Bolts wouldn't have shut down development surely) or Microsoft didn't want them to continue the potential series after that initial installment.

It had it's fair share of problems which stopped it from becoming a classic, but it's still a great game. It's a lot of fun to change creatures while fighting.

Either they were working on bigger and better projects

It could be because of Avatars and Natal, depending on when Microsoft shunned Rare into doing those things.

The only thing I hate about Rare is how mysterious they are. Natal is the only thing we know they're working on (and Nuts & Bolts came out last November)...what are they cooking up?

*Insert Darth Vader Nooooooo gif*

Kameo was a great game, its a shame this got binned.

Yeah I enjoyed Kameo, even if it was frustrating. I will never sell that game!

*Insert Darth Vader Nooooooo gif*

Kameo was a great game, its a shame this got binned.

Here ya go

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

(ok, its not a gif)

I found Kameo pretty decent, its a shame the sequel was cancelled.

I just got an Elite + extra controller and 2 games for £130 thanks to a glitch on Amazon (now fixed)!

Is it possible to merge 2 gamer tags? When we first got the Xbox we didn't connect it to live but when we did it ended up creating a second profile, but we just tend to just use the first profile which has a load of achievements on it. So I was wondering if you can merge the Xbox Live account with the first account and keep the achievements or something?

Is it possible to merge 2 gamer tags? When we first got the Xbox we didn't connect it to live but when we did it ended up creating a second profile, but we just tend to just use the first profile which has a load of achievements on it. So I was wondering if you can merge the Xbox Live account with the first account and keep the achievements or something?

I don't think it is possible to be fair.

No, not as far as i'm aware.

You should have just been able to upgrade ur first account to xbox live in the first instance like how i did way back in the day coz i wasnt online at first.

Hmm, it says here you can, but it'll cost 800 points and it's the Australian support site and I can't find the article on the UK one.

Not quite what you're looking for, though. You can't merge two console-based, achievement-gathered profiles. That FAQ thing is about merging your xb profile with a gamertag already created on xbox.com.

It may well be fun to play through your old games again with this in mind! What gamerscores do your profiles have?

OK. When we first got the Xbox we didn't connect to Live so we have an offline profile. When we did connect to Live and tried to join, it said the gamer tag was in use, so we choose a different name, now I thought this would just change the gamer tag of the original profile, but instead it created a separate profile which doesn't get used other than to connect to Live so it doesn't really have any achievements or anything attached to it.

So now I have 2 gamer tags/profiles called, lets say:

#1 John

#2 John Smith (Live)

Basically I wanted to change the John into a Live account but use profile 2's Gamer Tag. I don't care about John Smith's achievements. It sounds from that article you can do this but if you have to pay I don't want to end up messing it up.

It costs 800 MS points to change your gamer tag, in theory if you deleted #2, you should be able to rename #1 to that. But you might want to test the theory first. What you could do is make a new silver live account (called say "lkfdgl123123") delete it, then try to make it again with the same name. That way you can test whether live names become free for someone else to take the moment they're deleted.