Good or Bad?

How do you like it?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like it?

• LOVE IT!!!
    • I'm happy!
    • Meh...
    • WHY NINTENDO!?!? WHY!?!

I for one think this is their best system yet. It was in no way a let down. It seemed almost as if all the mock ups were combined. I'm a little down that they didn't show any games, just to see what the graphics might look like. But yeah, I never use forums, and I thought I'd try to ineract more with the community. So if you guys are reading this, give me your reasons why you love or hate the design. Viva La Revolution! (that was cheesy... sorry)

Only Ninty to put their fans in love with a console which has only its pad and a few details shown. Still no specs?

Only Ninty to put their fans in love with a console which has only its pad and a few details shown. Still no specs?

THE SPECS DON'T MATTER.

sheesh.

nintendo has just shown you a fantastic new way to play that is unique to their system... and all you care about is them not giving you a bunch of meaningless numbers to stack up against PS3. i have three numbers for you...

1, revolution is not as powerful as ps3 or xbox 360

2, it does not matter a bit.

3, ...because nintendos strategy is differentiation and a lower spec means cheaper to make games and more chance that people will take creative risks.

Still no specs?

They would cheapen this announcement.

Thinking of the possibilities Nintendo's controller brings, I feel it's a positive sign that I'm excited about would could be done rather than how many polygons will be pushed to render it being done.

It's the DS all over again. But more.

I never said that. and even if it has the same power of cube it wouldn't matter 'cause I 'd buy it.

However it's always important to know what the console can do and the release date its not too far away(I hope :smile: )

IGN had a mock up screen, suggesting how a Metroid Prime game would be played. It looks far more easy to control than dual analogue sticks. We will laugh in the faces of PS3 and X-Box FPSs!

At 1st I was: WTF? Then, after seeing the videos: WTF?!? I am so happy. And relieved. It's not what I expected. It's way more. This is the most exciting thing that I have witnessed in the VG industry. A company with over 20 years experience still trying to innovate, to challenge and to shift boundaries. This announcement and revelation epitomises why I am a great lover of VG. Way to go, Nintendo. Way to go. My faith has been restored in VG. The Revolution will be the only console for me.

:awesome:

I'm very sceptical about this. Show us some game footage of the controller in action, and let people get the chance to play with it.

Still, I cant wait to try this out.

Where's the OASP when you need them? :D

I really need to read more and watch some videos of this "controller." I can't help but feel that it lacks buttons, and the few buttons it has lack strategic placing.

Thank you nintendo, without a doubt even if I also like the other compagny

gaem would be nothing without nintendo today

Only Nintendo could come out and surprise us all like this. It just goes to show that no matter how well we all guess what it'll looke like, we're miles away. Although, to all those people who designed a controller with 2 parts, well done. I need to see it in action, but I have to say I love it's strangness. It's quite obvious it,s been designed to cater for all players, new and old, experienced and rookie. I always thought that it would look really strange at first, and I would be surprised. Simply altering the GC controller wouldn't be enough for it to be "Revolutionary". Well done Nintendo. I just hope that you can convince the rest of the world now.

They would cheapen this announcement.

Thinking of the possibilities Nintendo's controller brings, I feel it's a positive sign that I'm excited about would could be done rather than how many polygons will be pushed to render it being done.

It's the DS all over again. But more.

Yeah, they'd not have the same imapct if they said "Look at our new revolutionary controller.......also, the system is totally gutless when compared to the PS3 and X360"

IGN had a mock up screen, suggesting how a Metroid Prime game would be played. It looks far more easy to control than dual analogue sticks. We will laugh in the faces of PS3 and X-Box FPSs!

This gives it has huge potential for Nintendo attracting casual gamers and those who love FPS'; which equates to a HUGE market.

If Nintendo can prove themselves on this aspect, AND really deliver somethong great on the FPS' front, it could really put Nintendo back on track and on to a real winner!!

Just wait and see what they do with this concept, although it does feel a tad restrictive taking into account the kind of games this thing will be useable in. Expect plenty of first person shooters, Mario Parties and probably a bunch of fighting games that somehow use this system to deal blows. Basically what we're looking at is a companion piece to the Nintendo DS, which I'll admit hasn't exactly BLOWN me away thus far aside Jump Superstars, but the real meat of the games are due soon so we'll see.

All I feel that's left to say is... roll on Revolution.

I am not gonna answer the poll!!! The "i love it" answer it just not good enough to describe hoe i feel about this. I actually dropped the mouse when saw it. And this is how i feel.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh my God. Thank you Nintendo God bless you. God bless you all.

PS. By the way i love the new site and forums

Put down I'm happy. Mainly because it will get fresh things on the system, but I can't say I'm totally in love with it. I'm scared of EVERYTHING using it.

I was a little disappointed at first , but after giving it some thought I realised that the possibilities this system offers are just incredible and I love it now.

This really is what gaming needs to truly become next-gen , although I also realise that its success is going to be down to publishers ability to use/adapt to the controller. Lets hope that this can happen , I am sure Nintendo have it covered (why else would they come up with this concept) but with 3rd parties this remains to be seen.

At first I was a bit confused and mainly calling the controller "interesting" but its definately growing on me and now im looking forward to trying it out for myself. Just wish I didnt have to wait so long!

It looks pretty; that's about it.

I hope Nintendo don't make it a requirement for every game to use their new 'gimmick'. I hope the Zelda and Mario's of the next gen have alternative 'normal' control styles as I think standing and slashing the pad or other strange things would look extremelly stupid to anyone watching, plus, after extended use, things like flicking your wrist could prove damaging to the wrist bone...

not impressed; initial feeling was 'cool' then I read the detailed report....'oh noes....'

Didn't like it at first.. fell asleep woke up.. LOVED IT :)

I'll play "normal games" on my 360. and fun games on ""Revolution"".

HD-dvd's on PS3?

OH. MY. GOD!!! I'm creaming at the mere thought of playing Zelda with this baby! I better sharpen up my swordplay.

...I'm gonna explode with happiness!!! >_<

Thank you Nintendo!! Thank you!! Thank you...!!!

This is the sort of gaming i've wanted since I was a little kid!! I've dreamt about this kind of stuff; where the player can truly interact with the game world!

:grin::grin::grin:

Anyone moaning at this needs to get themselves down to the gym!

It looks pretty; that's about it.

after extended use, things like flicking your wrist could prove damaging to the wrist bone...

'

Ahahahahaaha!! Jeez this controller isn't gonna prove too well for the hermits of this world.