N-Europe

Halo Themed FPS MMO for Xbox 360

DiemetriX

Gameinformer strikes again

halo_mmo_orion.jpg

According to a gaming magazine (Game Informer), Bungie are developing a Halo - Themed FPS MMO for the Xbox 360 - the game is still in the planning phase and it's codenamed Orion.

[GI]Last issue we told you about Bungie's Forerunner Halo project, and now we're gonna let you in on another game the develer has cooking - a project currently codenamed Orion. Bungie is leaning with Ensemble(>) Studios for the Halo -themed FPS MMO on the 360, and the game is currently still in the planning phase. So, details regarding Orion - like Forerunner - could change.[/GI]

Me thinks April fool, but we shall see in time.

Right, well teh guy who originally scanned in the Red Steel Revolution scans made a post saying: "I won't even tell you guys about Halo: Orion" about 3 minutes after he posted in the scans and got 10k+ hits.

Guest Jordan

Since Bungie are owned by MGS, it would run through XBL servers meaning there wouldn't be an online charge (probably).

I dunno if this would work, i'd love to see it as Planetside was great fun. Only thing is, there were only 3 living spartans left from the experiments. That and everyone would be called "Master Chief 029403943909090439".

Although, i'd love a huge urban map several miles in length with spartans against covernent. Awesome.

Since Bungie are owned by MGS, it would run through XBL servers meaning there wouldn't be an online charge (probably).

I dunno if this would work, i'd love to see it as Planetside was great fun. Only thing is, there were only 3 living spartans left from the experiments. That and everyone would be called "Master Chief 029403943909090439".

Although, i'd love a huge urban map several miles in length with spartans against covernent. Awesome.

My guess, probably no-one would be able to be a spartan super soldier like Master Chief, you would be "normal" humans or such.

Or perhaps you could be an AI controlling a huge battleship ;)

Guest Jordan
Jamba,

do you mean that every MMO FPS is a Planetside ripoff? Then isn't every FPS a Wolfenstien ripoff, or every platformer a Mario ripoff, etc.

Quoted for agreement.

Jamba,

do you mean that every MMO FPS is a Planetside ripoff? Then isn't every FPS a Wolfenstien ripoff, or every platformer a Mario ripoff, etc.

mario was a rip of of Manic Miner :P

(quoted because it's the truth)

If this does get released and comes to pc i may get it.

There is only 3 spartans left at the end of Halo1/halo2 (master chief, the woman, and a wounded one right)..?, but before that there was about 80 odd right, soemthign like that, it has been awhile since I read the books though. Planet side is great fun, somehting on that scale would be very cool.