Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

I think his "over acting" in this bit is definitely understandable. It's showing the doctor going quite mad

Plus these polls always favour the current one. In two years if they do one, it'll have Matt Smith at top

Definately, when you see the children in need teaser for christmas special there he's back to his old quirky self! :grin:

Too true polls always favour the newer ones. but i think i'll always prefer Tennant just because he was a bit better at the comic moments than eccelston was.. (apologies for the bad name spelling in advance)

Im not an avid watcher Dr Who but i saw the newest one and in the next ep preview it metioned some called Master then in the children in need bit it said hes back

can someone tell me who master is?

The Master is a Time Lord that the Doctor has known for centuries. They have been constant rivals and have had numerous encounters and fights where the Master was trying to cause problems and the Doctor was trying to stop him

He recently returned in Season 3 where he stole the TARDIS and ran for Prime Minister of Britain. Once elected through hypnosis, he turned the world into a giant slave labour camp to declare war on the entire universe to bring a new Gallifrey (their home planet which the Doctor destroyed) into the stars. The Doctor stopped him until the Master's companion, Lucy Saxon, shot him and he refused to regenerate to spite the Doctor.

The Doctor burned his corpse but someone came and retrieved a ring from the fire.

Im not an avid watcher Dr Who but i saw the newest one and in the next ep preview it metioned some called Master then in the children in need bit it said hes back

can someone tell me who master is?

250px-Themasters.png

The Master is a evil timelord that first appeared in the series in 1979 episode Terror of the Autons. More information on him over at wikipedia.

Once elected through hypnosis, he turned the world into a giant slave labour camp to declare war on the entire universe to bring a new Gallifrey (their home planet which the Doctor destroyed) into the stars.

You mean the Daleks destroyed Gaillifey.

You mean the Daleks destroyed Gaillifey.

I was under the impression that the Doctor did it. He knew it was the only way to stop the Time War and defeat the Daleks so he did it. The Master even referenced that in The Sound of Drums asking how it felt when the Doctor did it

The Master's ghostly laugh was heard as a woman picked the ring up from the fire, so we can only assume that he trapped his life force in the ring so that he could be resurrected eventually.

Yeah much like his life force was trapped in an urn in the 1996 made for TV movie.

I was under the impression that the Doctor did it. He knew it was the only way to stop the Time War and defeat the Daleks so he did it. The Master even referenced that in The Sound of Drums asking how it felt when the Doctor did it

Ya this is true, he mentions it quite a bit but I think we've only seen footage of the planet once as a memory but it's kinda only a matter of time before this story is delved deeper into.

John Simm kinda looks outta place there smiling away!!! Not slagging him off as he is one of my favourite actors!

He plays it in a much more pshychotic Master, i don't want to make this comparison but much like the Joker in the sense he does what he does for fun and really to mess with The Doctor.

Really liked Derek Jacobi's version of the Master too he plays both the professor and master very well, switching from the bumbling humble man to the dark time lord with ease

Edited by Sec
Said Jacobi was the doctor

Haha, that's brilliant. :D I read about the idents in the Radio Times yesterday but wasn't sure how it'd work out.

Apparently there's a few smaller ones that are also going to be included so it's all good

But, it once again reminds me that Tennant is going...it will not be the same

Ya this is true, he mentions it quite a bit but I think we've only seen footage of the planet once as a memory but it's kinda only a matter of time before this story is delved deeper into.

you mean the 2.5 seconds of which they showed a young master looking into the vortex(cant remember the name) where the screen was taken over by his face? but yes i do think they'll look into that aspect more

EDIT: well there was the other 2.2 seconds which showed the city if i remember.

Edited by Sec