Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Just watched it on iplayer, another dull and predictable episode, apart from the last minute. And as it turns out the whole of the last two episodes was just to set up that minute, like the viewer couldn't understand the concept of clones without having to sit through them. I suppose it explains the eyepatch woman in the hatch though, although not why Amy first saw her before being abducted. Next weeks looks better though,

Silurians are now confirmed according to the BBC website as well, although I fear some bad guy overload with them, Sontarans and Cybermen.

Edited by The Mad Monkey

Please use spoiler tags even if you think it is trivial stuff about future episodes.

Done, although with the BBC broadcasting as many spoilers as they can most people probably already know.

A good man goes to war, and River Song kills a good man, one and the same, more than likely. The good man has always been presumed to be the Doctor, but this war is over Amy, and Rory has more motivation than the Doctor for going to war over her, plus he has been shown in his Roman soldier gear. River is going to kill Rory.

Edited by The Mad Monkey

In a non spolier way....Are we to believe what happened to Amy happened off screen and potentially back in the first episode of this season if not before? My reason for thinking beginning of season as thats when she first saw the lady with eye patch. Because thats what seems to be suggested.

Edited by flameboy

Yeah I'm not sure when this switch is supposed to have been made... maybe during her meeting with The Silence in The White House?

They first observed her potential in the desert (beforehand)... then made the switch at The White House... and she's been seeing hatch-lady since.

I'd say probably even before that, in the break between series. Amy did think she was pregnant in the first episode, there wasn't really time for her to notice that if things had started at the White House. Besides the silence at the White House told her, or her double, to tell the Doctor something he didn't know, indicating she already thought she was pregnant then.

Yeah I'm not sure when this switch is supposed to have been made... maybe during her meeting with The Silence in The White House?

They first observed her potential in the desert (beforehand)... then made the switch at The White House... and she's been seeing hatch-lady since.

Probably during the 3 months between Episode 1 & 2 as she saw the eyepatch lady before she got "kidnapped" by The Silence in the second episode

I may be going all out on this theory but how about it goes back as far as the The Lodger from series 5?

The Doctor and Amy are seperated for awhile while the TARDIS could not land, the reason why the TARDIS could not land is because of the 'hidden' ship on the first floor of the flat. We now know from watching episode two that that ship is the same type used by The Silence.

Co-incidence?

I may be going all out on this theory but how about it goes back as far as the The Lodger from series 5?

The Doctor and Amy are seperated for awhile while the TARDIS could not land, the reason why the TARDIS could not land is because of the 'hidden' ship on the first floor of the flat. We now know from watching episode two that that ship is the same type used by The Silence.

Co-incidence?

No, because the whole of reality was reset at the end of the last series.

No, because the whole of reality was reset at the end of the last series.

But The Doctor said at the end of the episode 13 that he still had to find out what causes the TARDIS to blow up (which we have not found out yet)... which would suggest that events are still going to happen which link in from series 5, despite 'the big bang'.

I could be wrong like, it just popped into my head today while i was in work as a theory.

I just rewatched a little scene as i have been pondering something... The idea that Amy told the real doctor that she watched him die and not the flesh as we don't actually know when the doctor swapped with the flesh.

Near the end when they are about to part ways the following was said:

Flesh Doctor: "Well my death arrives i suppose"

Real Doctor: "But this one we are not invited too"

Flesh Doctor: "Parden?"

Real Doctor: "Nothing"

A passing remark that he knows he was invited to his own death!?

If that's the case it's all getting way too complicated!

Also I wouldn't like to think the real Doctor shouted at Amy like that...

... mind you he knew it wasn't the real Amy didn't he!... but still...

... Arghhhh! [/mindfuck]

You've just answered your own question there he did know it wasn't the real amy because isn't that why they ended up there in the first place as the doctor was trying to track down the flesh.

It's a eight mess, I'm looking forward to them trying to explain it all.

Yeah me too but I think they will do it well. me and mike said this a few times but Moffat is so much better at these reveals than Davies ever was and is so much better at showing rather than telling us.

I wouldn't say that it is a mess Mad Monkey.

It was only a hint that people would probably not notice and they may not bring up his death again till later on and do a flashback to that scene when explaining it.

It has been quite obvious imo that he will find out about Amy seeing his death as with the eye patch lady getting a little bit of screen time almost every episode, there has been Amy pondering about telling The Doctor. I am also pretty sure that they wont keep it as his death there due to future plot holes regarding if he regenerates with change of actor etc.

Also where has the TARDIS gone for the 'future doctor' which died? (if there was even a TARDIS there anyway!?) Also what happened for them to be travelling together from the xmas special to Amy and Rory almost leading a normal life together at a home while the doctor travelled without them?

I have really enjoyed Moffats writing so far with the twists etc! :)

I thought it was a given that Amy was talking to the real doctor when mentioning his death.

Well it never made it clear. I assumed it was the flesh Doctor originally due to him being aggressive towards Amy etc.

Well it never made it clear. I assumed it was the flesh Doctor originally due to him being aggressive towards Amy etc.

I just assumed that was a way to cover up the switch, the perfect way if anything.

What he says at the end pretty much confirms that he knows he's going to die - he was always going to find out and this was actually quite a good way to do it.