NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com

Doctor Who has a daughter?

The Timelord is apparently set to get a huge shock when Doctor Who returns this spring - when he discovers he's a dad.

The Doctor, played by 36-year-old David Tennant, is left stunned after he lands on Earth and learns he has a daughter, reports the Daily Star.

But, as with all the sci-fi hit's best storylines, there's a twist and the Doctor finds out the girl has been made by aliens, who sneakily took some of his DNA without him knowing.

The Timelord's daughter is apparently played by 23-year-old Georgia Moffett, who also happens to be the real life daughter of former Doctor Who star Peter Davison, 56.

A source was quoted as saying: "It's an amazing signing!"

More incredible storylines have apparently been concocted for the new series, including a showdown with the Daleks and their evil creator Davros.

Meanwhile, Catherine Tate is set to reprise her role as Donna, the runaway bride, and will star as The Doctor's companion throughout the new series.

Series is sounding/looking like a very good one!

Series is sounding/looking like a very good one!

Yea, should be as great as the others. Can't wait.

With all the assistants being in it, is anyone else worried that this is going to be the Spider-Man 3 of the series?

With all the assistants being in it, is anyone else worried that this is going to be the Spider-Man 3 of the series?

I am but I can see why they are doing it bunging everything in they can as it is the last series we will see for a while.

I was thinking more Spy Kids 3 rather than Spider Man 3.

I've read that Sarah Jane is also going to attend this gathering of assistants. I have faith in Tate after that trailer, so roll on April the 5th!

Well, obviously there is going to be a few weak episodes, but the team have always come up with innovative ideas and made them great. Remember when the Daleks fought the Cybermen? The Doctor forgot his identity? That statue episode that hardly had the doctor in? Great times, new ideas. Lets hope they can still deliver.

i like dr who for the fx, millenium fx rules :bowdown:

i got to play with an ood's tentacles and eyes while i was down there for a week ^^

Well, obviously there is going to be a few weak episodes, but the team have always come up with innovative ideas and made them great. Remember when the Daleks fought the Cybermen? The Doctor forgot his identity? That statue episode that hardly had the doctor in? Great times, new ideas. Lets hope they can still deliver.

Two enemies fighting is hardly new, nor is memory lapse, nor is giving the lead actor a break.

Doctor Who can hardly be called innovative. It applies stories well perhaps, but innovative...nah :p

Doctor Who can hardly be called innovative. It applies stories well perhaps, but innovative...nah :p

Except for Blink.

Girl investigating with photography - that series of Japanese horror games (and also Abnormal Beauty is kinda similar)

Notes from the past - Goodnight Sweetheart

Creepy angel statues - Can't think of particular examples but done before

Timetravel - ...

I've made this argument much earlier in the thread; nothing is new. Its simply a combination of past representations. And theres nothing wrong with that, but Doctor Who ain't new. Even Blink.

Doctor Who will lose 1.5m viewers per show because of BBC One's decision to move it from 7pm to 6.20pm, according to executive producer Russell T Davies.

The drama will take up the new slot when it returns on April 5 to allow I'd Do Anything to air at 7.10pm.

Davies said he was worried because the series is the last full run of Who before 2010. Next year there will be three specials.

"At 6.20pm, it'll get 1.5m less viewers than it already has," he said, speaking at a Broadcast event in London. "I've told them this, but they won't shift at all. You need to maintain slots and they've gone and cocked it up now. Maybe they're right, but I think they're wrong."

The producer, who was behind the revival of the show, also confessed to rewriting others' scripts if he did not like them. He said: "I'll rewrite 100% if I have to. With Steven Moffat's scripts, I don't touch a word, but anyone else's I do...

"We're not there to experiment and we're not there to let someone fail. You've got to do everything you can to make it brilliant every week."

Showrunners rewriting scripts ain't a big deal...its a part of their job.

As far as the time change...*apathetic shrug*

hmm Steven Moffat wrote "The Empty Child","The Doctor Dances", "The Girl in the Fireplace","Blink", "Time Crash" and the new series 4 eps "Silence in the Library" & "River's Run".

Partners in Crime - Modern day London, and a brand new diet pill is being tested by the mysterious Adipose industries. Slogan: The fat just walks away! But, soon there are unexplained deaths, strange creatures in the shadows, and the Doctor starts investigating, little knowing that an old friend is also on the trail...

The Fires of Pompeii - Pompeii, AD 79. It's volcano day! But there's far more then Vesuvius to worry about: psychic powers are running rampant; a secretive Sisterhood conceals a horrifying High Priestess; and beneath the ground, vast creatures are stirring. This is where Donna truely comes into her own, challenging the Time Lord like no-one's ever done before, with one vital question: if he knows everyone is going to die, why can't he save them? There is no easy answer for the Doctor, as the Cult of Vulcan prepares to forge a new empire on Earth....

Planet of the Ood - Donna's first visit to an alien world. It's freezing! But on the icescapes of a distant planet, the greatest danger might be from the human race itself. When the Doctor meets the Ood again - he's determined to find out the truth behind their servility. But when an Ood's eyes turn red, you know you're in trouble, and the red-eye is spreading....But it's a savage world out there in space with soldiers and riots and betrayals - and for the Doctor, a terrifying encounter with a very big claw!

The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky - Return of Martha Jones. Back from Torchwood in her new job as medical officer for UNIT, a worldwide army dedicated to fighting alien menaces. But the menace is bigger than ever, as the threat of ATMOS spreads across the planet! Sounds like she needs an old friend, the Doctor! But he's about to meet an old enemy, as the Sontarans lie in wait. They're back, they are brutal and they are out for revenge...

The Doctor's Daughter - RTD refuses to say much about this episode. All he does is praise David Tennant, saying that this episode is his most spell-binding performance yet.

The Unicorn and the Wasp - In 1926, Agatha Christie mysteriously disappeared, only to be found ten days later with no memory of what had happened. Was it a nervous breakdown? A cry for help? Or perhaps a giant alien wasp? A classic murder mystery.

Silence in the Library/River's Run - Not much on this one either. Just "we've got two episodes of terror with an abandoned library, moving shadows, the gruesome Nodes, and the horrifying Data ghost - possibly the most spine-chilling scene I've ever seen!

Midnight - The planet Midnight is a leisure world! Golden spas, diamond landscapes, anti-gravity restaurants...what could possibly go wrong? But for once the Doctor's left powerless and terrified as the knocking on the wall begins....

Turn Left - The strands of Donna's story begin to draw towards a terrible climax as she finds her life, her family, her entire world being devastated. Only one person can help. but this time, it's not the Doctor - it's someone from a parallel universe, a woman thought to be lost forever.

Episode 12/Journey's End - The title for episode 12 is being kept a secret as it gives away too much. Threat is on the epic scale as an ancient enemy is resurrected and the whole universe if thrown into danger! Who are the children of Time? What is the secret of the Vault? And surely, this time, not everyone can make it out alive...?

Look like it's a 3-parter ending again.

And Martha is back a lot sooner than expected

No clear Dalek references in any of the earlier episodes up until the finale - that's definitely the Dalek episodes, and it seems to also lead up to the resurrection of the Time Lords.

Partners in Crime clip showing off the sinister Adipose:

Awesome.

TRIBBLES!

Catching up on this series atm, churned through Ecclestone episode and have just finished watching the 2 parter about the Cybermen. I completely forgot how class this series is (bar the awful casting of cbbc presenters!).

I've got all excited about potential Davros-ness in the new series though... he's brilliant.

Fantastic episode tonight. Really enjoyed it. Was much better than last week's childish one. The one's set in the past are defintley the best, and Tate was very good .

I thought it was Davros hidden behind the curtain for a while, and I was half expecitng to see a haggling scene in there somewhere!

Zomg, the ending to this new epsiode (last weeks not this weeks) SHOCKING!

I only got to watch it the other day, this one was abit strange to say the least.