NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I dunno, I guess I thought he'd be a lot worse than he's turned out- from being Cassanova and all. Obviously some parts of his acting are a bit... off, but I think when the episodes come to the point where everything falls into place and the Doctor gets into his groove that David Tennant pulls it off very well.

On the whole though, I think he's been good in the role. Just cos he's younger than you, old guy! :heh:

At least I can act angry, even when I'm not.

In fact, give me a few beers and I'm a better actor than he'll ever be, I can do anything, heartbreak (he never seemed too upset about Rose), anger (when did he ever act like anybody did more than spill his pint?), vulnerability (helps I don't have a handy plot device to pull me from impossibly hopeless situation).

He's not even a good actor, let alone a great one, and you can make fun about our age difference all you like, but there is probably some truth in it. A truely great actor needs experience, and not just experience acting, they need life experience, what can you possibly act that you haven't experienced yourself. Maybe that's why all the oldest Doctors have been the best, everybody thinks of Tom Baker as the roles pinacle, but in reality it was the beginning of the end.

When is Children in Need?

And what the bloody hell is that thing with the gun?

When is Children in Need?

And what the bloody hell is that thing with the gun?

Friday 16 November 2007.

The thing is a Sontaran.

What in the Flame of Persephone is that lousy comedienne Catherine Tate doing back on the show?

And I disagree with you Rok, I think David Tennant is a capable actor, never destined to be great, but none of the Doctors have been anything more than adequate actors mugging along to a damn silly presmise with an often ridiculous script. Ecclestone was too watery-eyed, but Tennant does the whole moments of mania very well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm

_41996362_piper_203.jpg

Billie Piper to return to Dr Who

Actress Billie Piper is to return to Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.

She will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler.

Rose's return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series - Donna, played by Catherine Tate, and Freema Agyeman as Martha.

The new series begins in March and will run for 13 episodes. There will be three special editions in 2009 before the show takes a break until 2010.

Piper left Doctor Who last year, when she was transported into a parallel universe.

Awards

Her character had proven a hit and the star won a number of awards for her performances. She was named most popular actress at the National Television Awards in 2005 and 2006.

A separate show based on Rose had been planned by writer and series producer Russell T Davies, but was scrapped when Davies decided the programme was "a spin-off too far".

Filming is currently under way in Cardiff for the new series of Doctor Who, which sees the Doctor meeting an old group of enemies - the Sontarans - 35 years after first encountering them.

Before that, the programme will return to television screens at Christmas with a special episode set on the Titanic, which will co-star singer and actress Kylie Minogue.

Good news as she's been by far the best assistant of the new series! and the story between her and the doctor was great!

Rose's return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series - Donna, played by Catherine Tate, and Freema Agyeman as Martha.

Actually...four.

I'm not in the Doctor Who Christmas special, but I come back in series four, which starts filming after Christmas.

Actually...four.
Guess he'll just show up in the Torchwood facility whenever the Doctor gets called there by Martha, though yeah I guess he may go on a mission.

Can't see Martha and Rose being in the same episodes though, I think they'll keep Martha's three episodes and Rose's three episodes seperate.

At a guess I'd say Rose's may be the three final episodes.

Good news as she's been by far the best assistant of the new series! and the story between her and the doctor was great!

Woop!

I thought she did great in Secret Diary Of A Call Girl, did anyone else watch that?

Woop!

I thought she did great in Secret Diary Of A Call Girl, did anyone else watch that?

The scenes worth watching, yes.faint.gif

First image of the Titanic in full:

votd-trailer-2-3.jpg

mmm....Futurama.

Interesting.

Why is the Titanic in space and why does it look like, as you said, the one from Futurama.

Interesting.

Why is the Titanic in space and why does it look like, as you said, the one from Futurama.

Well your quite the noob ain't you :indeed:

I saw that image, in a trailer the other night. Look's stupid in my opinion.

Anyway, in other news, accoding to a Christmas TV guide I picked up today, the special will run for 1 hour and 10minutes! 10 more minutes of Dr Who for us this Christmas, compared with the other two special's.

Fucking BBC!!

worst kept spoiler ever!! i was under the impression it was the old titantic till i saw the trailer

ARRRRRRRRRGH

Fucking BBC!!

worst kept spoiler ever!! i was under the impression it was the old titantic till i saw the trailer

ARRRRRRRRRGH

It's like the finale of season two.

Writer: We have a massive secret: The Daleks will be in the sphere and fight the cyberman. Don't tell anyone about the Daleks.

Advert maker: OK. I'll shove a clip of a Dalek killing someone in the trailer at the end of the episode before part one.

Why do the BBC always put spoilers in the trailers?

Writer: We have a massive secret: The Daleks will be in the sphere and fight the cyberman. Don't tell anyone about the Daleks.

Advert maker: OK. I'll shove a clip of a Dalek killing someone in the trailer at the end of the episode before part one.

I don't know :( they did it to torchwood too, in the last second of the trailer BOOM giant beast of doom is shown

Worst instance of a spoiler in a trailer that I remember was when Sky One aired the trailer for the season 5 finale of Buffy and showed a shot of her grave.

the daleks are in every season, it aint so much a spoiler really.

If anyone's been to see Golden Compass at an Odeon, they have a 60 second spoilerific trailer beforehand for Voyage of the Damned. It pretty much spells out the entire episode for you.

Looks awesome though.

Anyone else see the new Doctor Who trailer at the cinema? Caught it before Cloverfield today. Was pretty epic seeing it on the big screen, and Catherine Tate seem's and sounds pretty decent. It also confirms that...

Rose is coming back.

Someone caught in on cam :-

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMOWO9r8JU

Yeah, I just saw the trailer before Sweeney Todd this evening - looked good, and like you said, Donna doesn't look as bad as I was expecting.