NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I don't see the problem with RTD's replacement (if it turns out true) either.

Jekyll started off well, but ultimately turned out to be crap though.

Jekyll started off well, but ultimately turned out to be crap though.

I think it was good all the way through, but even if as you say it started out well then that means there's some good there surely?

Be positive!

I think it was good all the way through, but even if as you say it started out well then that means there's some good there surely?

Be positive!

You seriously thought that 'Hyde is love' shit was good?

Ruined the whole thing for me.

You seriously thought that 'Hyde is love' shit was good?

Ruined the whole thing for me.

It wasn't the best, but it certainly didin't ruin thr rest of a brilliant short series for me.

I'll be happy if he gets the job.

I doubt Nesbitt will get it. I can remember hearing RTD saying something along the lines of the doctor will never get older. Hes trying to appeal to a younger audience and a mid-life actor just wouldn't kick it. David Tennant doesn't look 36 (or at least in my opinion) and wears converses like all the cool kids.

Rokhed did you watch the Weeping Angels episode?

Dont forgot about the "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" and "The Girl in the Fireplace".

Rokhed did you watch the Weeping Angels episode?
Dont forgot about the "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" and "The Girl in the Fireplace".

Yes, yes and yes, wasn't impressed by any of them.

I doubt Nesbitt will get it. I can remember hearing RTD saying something along the lines of the doctor will never get older. Hes trying to appeal to a younger audience and a mid-life actor just wouldn't kick it. David Tennant doesn't look 36 (or at least in my opinion) and wears converses like all the cool kids.

Another reason why RTD sucks big hairy balls.

Rokhed matey I think your not giving the new Doctor Who a chance, if you don't like it don't watch it mate.

I thought the next series was the last one?

Yeah, the BBC are going to kill off their most successful show in years.

Rokhed matey I think your not giving the new Doctor Who a chance, if you don't like it don't watch it mate.

We've been over this several times....

There's a very strong chance that if James Nesbitt gets the part, that'll be the end of doctor who for me, until they get his replacement.

Don't like the actor in general and especially don't think he'd be very good for the part; think he'd come across much to stern the whole time.

James Nesbitt is a great actor, thus I do not think he would be a suitable doctor. This is because:

*He's too old

*He's Northern Irish

*He's been in Jekyll

*Rokhed00 doesn't like him

I've given it 41 chances.

James Nesbitt is a great actor, thus I do not think he would be a suitable doctor. This is because:

*He's too old

*He's Northern Irish

*He's been in Jekyll

*Rokhed00 doesn't like him

He's not too old, the character is nigh on a thousand years old, why do they feel the need to portray him so young? And I don't have a problem with him as an actor, I thought he was good in Jekyll just a shame they had to fuck the story up with all the love shit.

He's not too old, the character is nigh on a thousand years old, why do they feel the need to portray him so young?

They're targetting a younger market.

I remember them targeting the younger market with the likes of Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy.

You're confusing need with want.

Yeah I think its a copout excuse but they are getting away with "we wish to target a younger audience and for that we need a young (or at least young looking) doctor because otherwise audiences won't see this person as a hero, but rather as over the hill"

Its a stupid excuse but it seems to fly.

I remember them targeting the younger market with the likes of Tom Baker or Sylvester McCoy.

Kids respected older people back then.

Kids respected older people back then.

Now nobody respects anybody, and I can't really blame them.

Now nobody respects anybody, and I can't really blame them.

I wouldn't say that, there is still one guaranteed way to gain respect, through fear.

Needless to say I'm pretty well respected in my area.

I wouldn't say that, there is still one guaranteed way to gain respect, through fear.

Needless to say I'm pretty well respected in my area.

I neither fear nobody nor respect anyone because they try to make me fear them.

If it works for you then thats peachy, but someone trying to intimidate me into respecting them would personally make me feel the opposite.

(although to be fair, I don't respect anyone that much. Any respect is quite minor)