NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

They sort of won in "Victory of the Daleks" and "A Good Man Goes to War".

We still don't really knows what has happened to the Silence and the Church and Kovarian. I mean they died but in an alternate world... they all think they've won, they've killed the Doctor from their point of view. But what now? And what of Amy, Rory and River?

It's certainly the oddest note a series has been left on but I'm not dissatisfied.

Well The Silence wanted The Doctor out of the way so I assume they've got some evil plan to carry out and it's hopefully something big and original.

Really by constantly trying to threaten the Doctor I think they're grabbing the wrong end of the stick. The Doctor's immortal, either because he's too clever or he can keep on regenerating. There' no point in threatening him, there's no real peril there.
The Doctor (as far as he knows) is only supposed to have 13 regenerations though... though obviously as the audience we expect he will have more due to the shows popularity... but for him, things are starting to get a litte... close!

But I agree in that the Doctor seems a little too 'accepting' for too much of the series. It is being largely being very drawn out/expected/predictable when in reality, maybe a complete shock for the audience would be far better! A sudden, out of the blue, unexpected death/regeneration halfway through a series! Though it would probably lead to more public outcry from people saying they didn't want this Doctor to leave.

The Doctor (as far as he knows) is only supposed to have 13 regenerations though... though obviously as the audience we expect he will have more due to the shows popularity... but for him, things are starting to get a litte... close!

Nope, they rewrote that in an episode of Sarah Jane Adventures - he's got 512 or something now.

WHAT!... bit of a key character point to have not put in the main show!

What brought about that change in him?

Yeah =\

You'd think something as influential as that would appear in the main series

Nothing really. They just sort of changed the canon. One the character's asks him how many he's got during a quick fire Q&A (during an air vent infiltration) and that's what he tells them. If you want to you can imagine he got into something during one of his many off-screen adventures I suppose.

From wikipedia:

The BBC's Series 4 FAQ[9] suggests that now the Time Lord social order has been destroyed, the Doctor may be able to circumvent the limit on regenerations; it says: "Now that his people are gone, who knows? Time Lords used to have 13 lives." In Death of the Doctor (a 2010 The Sarah Jane Adventures serial), the Eleventh Doctor responds to a question from Clyde Langer by saying he can regenerate "507" times. Early news reports, before the episode was broadcast, suggested he would say there is no limit to the number of regenerations.[10] Writer Russell T Davies explained in an interview with SFX that the line was not intended to be taken seriously and is instead a commentary. He insisted that the "thirteen lives" rule was too deeply entrenched in the viewer consciousness for his throwaway line to affect it.[11]

There are tons of ways they could work round the regeneration stuff....he has rivers lives for example technically.

Well yes I always assumed they'd have found a way around it... I just expected it to be a big story in one of the series... or explained when we got to that point.

If you actually watch the scene when he says he has 507 lines, it is VERY obvious that the Doctor is getting frustrated by all the questions and just wants to shut him up. They're crawling through a ventilation shaft about to be killed and he's not in the mood.

The Master was given a new set of regenerations remember. The 12 regeneration limit was only imposed by the Time Lords. Now, they're gone.

Thinking back, it was a bit wierd how the teselector Doctor started to regenerate was it not?... given that it was just a fake/image.

And also, given that the Doctor was shot again after he'd started regenerating, and then that was it... (if we are going to go off what the teselector Doctor showed us)... it does suggest that at the moment in the story he only has the one regeneration left.

Thinking back, it was a bit wierd how the teselector Doctor started to regenerate was it not?... given that it was just a fake/image.

And also, given that the Doctor was shot again after he'd started regenerating, and then that was it... (if we are going to go off what the teselector Doctor showed us)... it does suggest that at the moment in the story he only has the one regeneration left.

Always was the tesselecta. It's not that weird, it's there to blend in, change appearance, appear as the thing it's copying. It can create motorcycles out of nothing. It stands to reason it can make a fancy light show to appear as if it's regenerating

Hmm maybe...

So does the fact it didn't put on a second regeneration suggest just one left... or is that it for a Timelord if killed during a regeneration, regardless of how many they have left? *think I remembers hearing that*?

They've said multiple times that the regeneration process is moot if he gets killed before it completes.

Well, that wasn't bad. I only watch it now for a bit of a laugh, and it delivered. I loved the bits with the severed head, especially the comments about using Wi-Fi and complaining that the Doctor didn't have it in the Tardis!

Like many of you i didn't really find that episode all that good

It was a bit meh, and again an alternate version of his companions

and the whole "Doctor, Who?" being the question, jez yes we all wonder the Timelords true name, and we know he only tells it to the one who he will marry/love forever but really that is the universe destroying question?

I can't see how and it just seems a bit lame, unless like said above he's not just a timelord he's more and thats Moffat's point.

and they are setting up for the 11th Doctor's inevitable death? well okay, he's not my favorite doctor but I'd rather he not leave quite so soon otherwise we'll get to test the 13 regenerations rule.

I suppose basically it felt underwhelming and again left too many questions

Moffat would make a great politician, answering one set of questions with another

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I didn't like how "easily" that his death was written out, without any complications...easy answers.. for when thinking up a better plot is too difficult.

Maybe they'll scrap the regeneration theory into the Bond Protocol and just use different actors for the same character without explaining.

Maybe they'll scrap the regeneration theory into the Bond Protocol and just use different actors for the same character without explaining.

The 12 regeneration rule was imposed by the time lords and violated loads, even by them as they revived the Master, giving him new ones. Time Lords are now gone ergo no limit

The 12 regeneration rule was imposed by the time lords and violated loads, even by them as they revived the Master, giving him new ones. Time Lords are now gone ergo no limit

They're just back in the "Time Lock" says Wikipedia, which they managed to escape once before, so they'll probably do it again.

So, say for example the Time Lords return after the Doctor has had his 17th regeneration, would he automatically die?

They're just back in the "Time Lock" says Wikipedia, which they managed to escape once before, so they'll probably do it again.

So, say for example the Time Lords return after the Doctor has had his 17th regeneration, would he automatically die?

Well if they returned like they did recently they wouldn't be upholding the law, only seeking destruction

if they returned to power they'd make the Doctor stand trial no doubt