NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

MattSmithLookalikeBeatles321.jpg

:o

Holly shit its not a tv drama series its actually a documentary! (this makes me think of those photo's of time travellers - google them)

I've started to watch the Matt Smith era recently as they're being shown on BBC Three and BBC iPlayer and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The first two episodes were good but I didn't like the WWII one with the Daleks. The vampire one was shit. My favourites at the moment were the Weeping Angels double (because they're my favourite enemy, how bloody scary are they!) and Amy's Choice (which is the latest episode I'm on so no spoilers please). The next episode looks pretty interesting though.

I liked the Doctor in the second episode and the Weeping Angel ones, I'm still on and off. Amy Pond is starting to annoy me a little but I like Rory. He'd be better if he wasn't so loved up all of the time but it's understandable.

I've started to watch the Matt Smith era recently as they're being shown on BBC Three and BBC iPlayer and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The first two episodes were good but I didn't like the WWII one with the Daleks. The vampire one was shit. My favourites at the moment were the Weeping Angels double (because they're my favourite enemy, how bloody scary are they!) and Amy's Choice (which is the latest episode I'm on so no spoilers please). The next episode looks pretty interesting though.

I liked the Doctor in the second episode and the Weeping Angel ones, I'm still on and off. Amy Pond is starting to annoy me a little but I like Rory. He'd be better if he wasn't so loved up all of the time but it's understandable.

You will enjoy it more. It gets better from then on and Matt Smith is the best Doctor...even better than David Tennant

You will enjoy it more. It gets better from then on and Matt Smith is the best Doctor...even better than David Tennant

At the moment for me, Tennant still beats him but I've not seen all of Smith's episodes yet. Tennant has been awesome in quite a few episodes, especially at the end of Season 2 and throughout Season 4 with Donna (the end of that was just emotional) but yeah, Smith is good at the moment. Hopefully, my mind will be changed as it goes on :)

Saw the next episode, it was called something like "The Hungry Earth"? Anyway, I found it to be rather enjoyable and I'm quite excited to see the next episode. Matt Smith is doing a good job, still unsure about Rory and Amy's starting to get on my nerves. I hope that I change my mind about her soon, I really want to like her.

I thought The Hungry Earth was one of the weaker episodes of Matt Smith's tenure.

The characters really improve in Season 6

Edited by Serebii

New series starts next month according to recent reports :D 5 Episodes, then a small break until Christmas, then a special, then a few weeks, then 8 episodes at the start of the year.

However, things get squirly after that

In the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, Matt Smith appears to confirm that there will be multiple Anniversary specials, with a full series of the show not airing until 2014.

Smith says Moffat’s first Anniversary episode, although not written yet, sounds great and the idea is “as brilliant and as mental as you’d expect from Steven”.

Smith adds that Moffat pitched the next series (2014) to him and said, “Are you ready to cry?”

When pressed for more details, Smith says: “I know absolutely nothing that I can tell you.”

So it looks like 2013 will consist of the other “half” of Series 7 and an undisclosed amount of 50th anniversary episodes. This also seems to suggest that the 11th Doctor will be around for a while yet.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/multiple-50th-specials-no-full-series-until-2014-36555.htm

Having such small series is something I really, really hate.

Having such small series is something I really, really hate.

The delay and splitting the series irks me, but so long as it comes, I'm happy

Sorry, meant to post in here about what I thought about the series. It seems like I catched up with all of them now if the last episode was The Wedding of River Song and it's been a great series but I just didn't like the final episode all that much. Like, I liked the whole thing of what happened to the Doctor and stuff but it just didn't feel all that great, really. All throughout the series, you were expecting this humungous, fantastic finale and it was all just average to me.

However, I did enjoy River Song and Craig (who I hope will return for a couple of more episodes), Amy is still annoying and Rory is underused. I was happy when Rory played a bigger part in the series but that just ended up not going anywhere after the episode where they make human clones. Smith is awesome as the Doctor but still, Tennant is better to me.

I want to not watch it until the rest of it is shown, but I know I'll be unable to do that.

It seems like ages since the last series! Looking forward to it starting again!

So Amy and Rory's closing story will obviously be those first 5 episodes.

Wonder if he'll meet the new companion in the Christmas Episode itself?

Have we had the celebrity guest star confirmed for the Christmas Episode yet? I think I've heard something but can't remember who.

It seems like ages since the last series! Looking forward to it starting again!

So Amy and Rory's closing story will obviously be those first 5 episodes.

Wonder if he'll meet the new companion in the Christmas Episode itself?

Have we had the celebrity guest star confirmed for the Christmas Episode yet? I think I've heard something but can't remember who.

Last I heard, the new companion is being introduced in the Christmas ep

Don't want to watch the trailer, but is there a date attached?

Does "this autumn" count as a date? :hmm:

Don't want to watch the trailer, but is there a date attached?

Nope but the general consensus is that it'll air on September 1st

I think most of the villains are underwhelming. Enemies like the Daleks need more than a couple of episodes to establish the real threat they're supposed to cause. In recent times it's just been ep 1 - DALEKS ARE HERE and ep 2 - DALEKS ARE GONE.

There's no real danger.

New trailer looks awful. I hate that SciFi on TV is dead.

It doesn't get much better than space dinosaurs.

Bit worried about the CGI for that one though... We all know at times Doctor Who doesn't provide the best and there is a bit in the trailer where it looks like he is riding one but it doesn't look quite right!