N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Tony Head was fantastic in Buffy, so much so that saying the last thing he was good in were the the gold blend ads is just bloody stupid.

Tomorrow will get brilliant ratings, Sarah Jane Smith and K9 to bring in the fans of the old show that don't like the new one (fools), and Tony Head to bring in the Little Britain and Buffy fans (we Buffy fans follow their casts whereever they go).

The BBC really aren't milking the new doctor, are they?

bbcmilkingit7dg.jpg

This isn't Morecambe and Wise you know.

Company in promoting product shocker. Really, what the hell did you expect? An advert for the Tenth Doctor's series, but with a picture of Tom Baker on the cover?

No one is forcing you to buy it. Just buy the box set for a worthwhile price when it comes out.

In any case, tonight's episode was easily the best I've seen in a long time. It wiped the floor with "New Earth" and was significantly better than "Tooth and Claw", which I thoroughly enjoyed, in fairness to RTD. It combined adventure, humour, nostalgia and a plethora of uproarious emotions into the tightest script possible. I think David Tennant has finally settled down and made the role his own and we're all better off for it.

Edit: Beat me too it :).

No, for the RRP of £15.99 I expect more than 2 episodes.

The Christmas Invasion was 1 Hour long where as other episodes are 45 minutes.

That episode was great wasn't it. Antony Head was brilliant and I bet that Sarah Jane works for Torchwood.

Then don't buy them. You're not being forced, and they'll be in the boxset complete with commentaries and Doctor Who Confidential episodes.

It's the principle of it though, I already have to pay to watch the show as it is due to the licence fee and then they charge ridiculously high prices for the DVD too. The fact that one of the shows on the DVD was only on the telly 2 weeks ago also smacks of moneygrabbing. Did they do that with the last series, release the DVDs when the show was still on the air?

The fact that the Sun were giving away free Doctor Who DVDs last week just makes this seem even worse.

Yeah, but he was only in 5 episodes of Buffy.

And 13 episodes of Firefly and of course the BDM.

Anywho. Nice episode. Although knowing RTD likes Buffy I keep drawing parallels (the "how can I go back to normal life" of SJS and Rose went through during the finale last year is very Buffy in 'Helpless' and the "I'll never grow old, you will" between The Doctor and Rose is Buffy/Angel) but im sure similar storylines existed before Buffy.

Yeah as I said, good episode. Although as nice as it was to see serious/creepy ASH, I prefer to see him goofy, he does it well. Shame he didn't get hit in the head. K9 was cool, as far as robotic dogs go. He seems suited for a kids TV spinoff. And seeing SJS and Rose bonding was quite nice.

The Christmas Invasion was 1 Hour long where as other episodes are 45 minutes.

That episode was great wasn't it. Antony Head was brilliant and I bet that Sarah Jane works for Torchwood.

I thought that about Sarah Jane too! :) Has she signed up for Torchwood?

I jolly well hope so. Torchwood may be a must watch then.

Oh, and last year the DVDs were released while the show was still on, just like with all shows which get released in parts (Lost to name but one). Those are Vanilla DVDs so you can just wait till the Boxset at the end of the year (although you won't be getting it as you hate it).

Yeah, the last episode was great. For some reason I loved the music for Mr. Finch.

I didn't think I like David Tennant as the Doctor but I think he does well with all the different aspects of the character.

With all these 'vanilla' discs they're releasing it probably would be cheaper to just buy a Sky+ box and store them on there till the box set comes out.

I don't really know ought about the Tourchwood series apart from that Captain Jack is in it. Has it released when it is going to be shown?

Anyone else think Captain Sp >cough< Jack doesn't fit in with Torchwood?

He was/is a happy go lucky conman/mercanary type, seeing someone like that hook up with a black ops government organization is about as likely as, let's say, Russel T Davies scripting/producing a decent episode of Doctor Who

Rokhed Russel can write good stories, don't knock them because they're new.

I'm not, I'm knocking them because they're not up to the standard I'm used to.

Nobody complains when people badmouth the remaking of a classic movie, this is no different.

Im sure they'll have a reason for Captain Jack to be involved with Torchwood that'll be explained. I always thought he would be investigating the institute, not working for them. Although just read about the series and they keep saying its a load of renegade investigators CSIng, so they could go either way.

Im sure they'll have a reason for Captain Jack to be involved with Torchwood that'll be explained. I always thought he would be investigating the institute, not working for them. Although just read about the series and they keep saying its a load of renegade investigators CSIng, so they could go either way.

Maybe it's like 'The Fugitive' and he's the one being investigated.

I'm not, I'm knocking them because they're not up to the standard I'm used to.

Nobody complains when people badmouth the remaking of a classic movie, this is no different.

back here again are we?! <groans>

accept the fact that you dont like this udated version of doctor who and move on! dont keep posting stupid jibes at the new show because you've already made your point more than perfectly clear!

Anyone else think Captain Sp >cough< Jack doesn't fit in with Torchwood?

He was/is a happy go lucky conman/mercanary type, seeing someone like that hook up with a black ops government organization is about as likely as, let's say, Russel T Davies scripting/producing a decent episode of Doctor Who

Jack is missing two years of his memories. He discovered they'd gone when he was a Time Agent, so he left to become a con artist. That was all mentioned in "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances".

back here again are we?! <groans>

accept the fact that you dont like this udated version of doctor who and move on! dont keep posting stupid jibes at the new show because you've already made your point more than perfectly clear!

You don't like it, you know where to go, where many others have.