N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Whoever mentioned blast factor, apparently it has nothing on Geomatery Wars...

Geo Wars is simple, fast and addictive. Things that have tried to copy it have been far too complex.

Just been to my local Blockbuster, they have all the ps3 stuff out which is cool.

I asked the manager about sales as i sort of know her and she said there getting 28units in and 20 have been taken for.

Now people say the PS3 aint selling cuase you can still order one this close to launch but 28units is a massive amount for a launch, they only got 9 360's in and 11 Wiis.

So props to Sony for giving supply to demand.

The backwards compatibility thing has really knocked back my thoughts of maybe getting one next month. I was pondering wasting my student loan on one because I'm a horder, and I enjoy wasting money. But if I can't play most of my games from my PS2, whats the point.

Will American PS3s play PAL PS2 games?

Playstation 3 : Midnight launch NEWS

NEWS today that EBGames will be getting 75% (12,000) of all the PS3 consoles coming into Australia.

Alsoi...

SONY is banking on consumers queueing up to buy its most expensive console in history when it is released on Friday.

The much-anticipated PlayStation 3 will sell for $999.95 when it reaches shops - $350 more than the top-of-the-line Xbox 360 console and $250 more than the PlayStation 2 when it was launched here in 2001.

But Sony Australia and New Zealand managing director Michael Ephraim said that, despite the price, "more than 10,000" people had already signed up for pre-sale PlayStation 3 consoles.

Hundreds more are expected to queue up for consoles outside 523 stores across the country at midnight on Friday. "We've copped a lot of flak about the price of the device but I think people who have made a comment about it haven't tried it yet," he says.

PlayStation 3 is the first to include a next-generation Blu-ray DVD player and it also features an advanced processing chip, wireless controllers, wireless internet connectivity and a 60Gb hard-drive for storing music, photos and videos.

news.com.au

Playstation 3 : Midnight launch NEWS

NEWS today that EBGames will be getting 75% (12,000) of all the PS3 consoles coming into Australia.

Alsoi...

SONY is banking on consumers queueing up to buy its most expensive console in history when it is released on Friday.

The much-anticipated PlayStation 3 will sell for $999.95 when it reaches shops - $350 more than the top-of-the-line Xbox 360 console and $250 more than the PlayStation 2 when it was launched here in 2001.

But Sony Australia and New Zealand managing director Michael Ephraim said that, despite the price, "more than 10,000" people had already signed up for pre-sale PlayStation 3 consoles.

Hundreds more are expected to queue up for consoles outside 523 stores across the country at midnight on Friday. "We've copped a lot of flak about the price of the device but I think people who have made a comment about it haven't tried it yet," he says.

PlayStation 3 is the first to include a next-generation Blu-ray DVD player and it also features an advanced processing chip, wireless controllers, wireless internet connectivity and a 60Gb hard-drive for storing music, photos and videos.

news.com.au

Thats it now you guys have launched/are in the middle of launching now??

We are always the last to get out of the blocks!!!

:(:p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!