Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

There's more than 2. SSX and Mortal Kombat are out in the next month and they both look really good. Wii's line up is at least a match so far for PS3.

I really don't see what your agument is.

SSX is a really poor game when you compare it to amped 3, and mortal kombats good but I got the game on my ps2. I just don't like the wii.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more than 2. SSX and Mortal Kombat are out in the next month and they both look really good. Wii's line up is at least a match so far for PS3.

I really don't see what your agument is.

There's excitetruck and kororinpa out this month too. The wii obviously hasn't reached it's full potential in terms of software yet, but it is certainly as good as the ps3's.

Briefly glanced over the last two pages and couldn't see anything;

PS3 deposits at Game tomorrow only. £50. Go go go!

I'll be interested to see how the PS3 preorders are going today. So if you don't mind, could you let me (and others) know how popular or unpopular the console is and peoples reactions etc....?

Thankyou.

Also, i may have to buy Motorstorm again just so i can play it online. It will be absolutely fantastic on online. I bet everyone is brutal on it, cannot wait. Good job i held back some gamestation credit notes for this and Virtua Tennis.

Errm PS3 is £425, Wii and prem 360 come to about £450 :P

Seriously. The only thing with the PS3 is that it actually gives you all this stuff, rather than you having a option to only have some of it. That is why it's more than the others. If you bought the 360 with wireless adaptor, charge kits and hd-dvd and all the other crap. It cost a a fair bit more than the PS3 does.

I'm not complaining. I own one and it's a great well built system. Much more reliable than a 360 in terms of not having anything happen while playing games (no damn freezes or whatever!)

I'm happy with mine. Enjoying the hell out of my two games and now wait for Motorstorm to arrive.

Errm PS3 is £425, Wii and prem 360 come to about £450 :P

Seriously. The only thing with the PS3 is that it actually gives you all this stuff, rather than you having a option to only have some of it. That is why it's more than the others. If you bought the 360 with wireless adaptor, charge kits and hd-dvd and all the other crap. It cost a a fair bit more than the PS3 does.

I'm not complaining. I own one and it's a great well built system. Much more reliable than a 360 in terms of not having anything happen while playing games (no damn freezes or whatever!)

I'm happy with mine. Enjoying the hell out of my two games and now wait for Motorstorm to arrive.

what stuff? so what does it do? i dont think you told me, apart from it doesnt freeze as much.

is rumble good on the controller?

I'll be interested to see how the PS3 preorders are going today. So if you don't mind, could you let me (and others) know how popular or unpopular the console is and peoples reactions etc....?

Thankyou.

Also, i may have to buy Motorstorm again just so i can play it online. It will be absolutely fantastic on online. I bet everyone is brutal on it, cannot wait. Good job i held back some gamestation credit notes for this and Virtua Tennis.

i thought you had Motor Strom?

Thankyou.

We took 52 pre-orders today. Our contact store (Sollihul) took about 80. Redditch took around 40. Dunno about anyone else, didn't speak to anyone else.

Well my 360 has been reliable ever since I've had it *touches wood* The only thing that bothers me is the level of noise it makes.

I don't see why everyone complains about the noise. I don't notice it at all when I'm playing...

what stuff? so what does it do? i dont think you told me, apart from it doesnt freeze as much.

is rumble good on the controller?

HDMI support, bigger harddrive, wireless built in...

The controllers don't have vibration in them.

Well my 360 has been reliable ever since I've had it *touches wood* The only thing that bothers me is the level of noise it makes.

Well mine and loads of other people have had their system freeze on a few games. It sometimes likes to do it on Gears. That game has probably made my 360 freeze atleast 10 times since I've had the game.

I don't see why everyone complains about the noise. I don't notice it at all when I'm playing...

HDMI support, bigger harddrive, wireless built in...

The controllers don't have vibration in them.

Mem stick readers, blu-ray, backward compat with pretty much all games too. I bought it for games though and I like the 2 games i have alot. 3rd one? MOTORSTORM WOOO!!!

Aye, but for me that just means awesome disc space for games. I don't give a crap about HD movies tbh. :D

Does the PS3 have less memory though than the 360? It's just I read that Bethesda couldn't get all the download able content on the PS3 version of Oblivion without affecting the game's perfomance.

i thought you had Motor Strom?

Yeah i've got it. Sadly though it doesn't look as though there will be an update to make the game online (it's the Japanese version i have you see and that didn't have online on it).

Online looks fantastic and will make the replayability pretty endless if you ask me...so i may have to buy the UK version of it, so i can play it online.

May seem daft to you but the game will be even better with real opponents, so it's a opportunity not to miss, hopefully the game will be in a bundle or something, so my bro can pick it up so i don't have to re-buy it! Pain in the arse that the JAP version didn't have online.

and Thanks Ashley for the info! 52 preorders is alot in one day. Not bad at all. :)

i know i just wanted to point it out ;)

what you've all said basically is that it runs on a different type of software and that it has a good memory. that doesnt seem worth the money.

Nah much better value for a system if you work out how much stuff the wii and 360 can do, the ps3 can do what the wii does online, plus it has the hd goodness - built in wifi.

And its the only system that will get final fantasy 13.

Very resonable.

The PS3 has the same memory as the 360, but it's split in to two 256mb blocks. One is for the graphics card while the other is on the CPU but can be used by the graphics card as well.

Of course the 360 has better games now. It's been out a whole year longer. Same as it has better games than the Wii has now. The thing is that after a years time the PS3 will have plenty of good games out as well. And also just like any other system, it will also have it's fair share of exclusive great games.

I myself would take Blu-Ray over DVD for games. The extra space is doing wonders for people like Kojima. Loading certainly isn't a problem, not from what I've seen with my games anyway.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!