NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

But apart from Tomb Raider those games have one thing to increase life span. Multiplayer!

Uncharted reportedly has a lot of unlockables that can be bought using points earned through an Achievement-like 'Medal' system: for instance getting 10 headshots gives you some points to spend towards new character skins, developer videos, the ability to flip levels, etcetera. I'll play through it at least twice as there's apparently a new difficulty level to unlock, and I really enjoyed the demo on Hard.

I don't really have much time for multi-player these days, and when I do fancy some I tend to gravitate towards Warhawk. CoD4 is really great online, but much like Halo 3 I find myself strangely reluctant to play the game now that I have all the Achievements. Conventionally they make people persevere with games, but ironically they appear to be killing off titles I might have otherwise played.

I was thinking of getting a Ceramic White PS3 from japan. I know that at the moment all games are region free, but really want concrete assurance that it's gonna stay region free. Also would i be able to connect to the PSstore and play online etc?

I was thinking of getting a Ceramic White PS3 from japan. I know that at the moment all games are region free, but really want concrete assurance that it's gonna stay region free. Also would i be able to connect to the PSstore and play online etc?

Yes and yes to those last two questions. All you would need to do is create an EU account, and as online is free you don't need to worry about not being able to use your credit card or whatever.

Some games lock their online modes by region, I believe, so if you had the Japanese version you would only be able to play against others in that region. However, if you're planning on buying PAL games that shouldn't be an issue.

Technically Sony could start region locking game disks, and I'd imagine the ability is there but with the choice placed on the publisher much the same as Blu-Ray movies. I can't see that situation changing any time soon as the PS3 needs the good press and extra sales, but I wouldn't write it off as an impossibility further down the line.

Whenever you import it is something of a gamble, so really it just comes down to whether you're willing to risk it. I don't think anyone will be able to give you concrete assurances, I'm afraid.

Playable demos of DMC 4 and Resi Evil 5 on Blu Ray "Resident Evil: Extinction"?

Wouldn't that be awesome!

VGP will be getting black dual shock 3 controllers in! Will they work with my US/UK games now?

Yeah, if you're on the latest firmware update.

My last comment i made in this thread regarding Uncharted wasn't meant to be fanboyish... if it came off like that.

Games without multiplayer of some sort (unless tacted on a la Prime 2 style) are really a crime. I mean, even if you hardly use it, its something extra from the main game. Not to mention i've heard Uncharted's gun play is quite stella.

And yeah, CoD4 is stupidly short... then again its better to be short than annoying like Assassin's Chore.

So Assassin's Creed really does become a chore then? Heh. It's certainly a game I can't play for long periods at a time. I just get bored of it after a while.

If you don't do everything, its alright. There are some fantastic things in it: the combat is more like rhythm and timing, the free running is great when it works propperly.

But the objectives, the same thing OVER AND OVER. And it gets stupidly hard unless you play the game really cheap (for example, timed silent assassinations). Use blend, kill guy, walk off a little in blend, leg it. Rinse and repeat.

I think i am the only one who found the Informer ones easy. I done them all first go...

So I really want to catch up on all the PS2 games I missed out on such as Ico, Devil May Cry etc. but I am also debating buying a PS3 in the future for MGS4 and LBP, would you guys recommend I buy a PS2 or PS3? How's the backwards compatibility on the PS3, anyway? I haven't really been keeping up to date with the news in that regard. Bare in mind I already own a Wii and 360.

So I really want to catch up on all the PS2 games I missed out on such as Ico, Devil May Cry etc. but I am also debating buying a PS3 in the future for MGS4 and LBP, would you guys recommend I buy a PS2 or PS3? How's the backwards compatibility on the PS3, anyway? I haven't really been keeping up to date with the news in that regard. Bare in mind I already own a Wii and 360.

The BC is non exsistent on the PS3 models now as they removed that feature. In regards to what you should get I would get a PS2 over a PS3 at the moment simply because the PS3 lacks software. Also the fact that you want to play catch up with the PS2 it makes sense to go for that as there are MANY killer titles on the old girl.

Yeah i agree with HoT.

Either get a Slim or original PS2. Or if you can get an original US launch PS3 (20gb or 60GB).

They're region free and will play all US PS2 games (which are dirt cheap)

Yeah if you can somehow find a launch PS3 from US then go for that, but it does mean getting Us PS2 games but hell, you get 60hz, games that never come here and thousands of RPGs if you do, oh and perfect upscale backward compat :) *uses it all the time as games running on normal PS2 on HDTV don't all that good*

PS3 outsells the wii for the 4th week in a row.

http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-88624.aspx

Its good to see the PS3 sales picking up, maybe now more developers will give the machine some exclusive titles that it sorely needs. I imagine that it will be different when Wii Fit arrives over there come Saturday but still its good news for Sony at the moment.

This is infact incorrect here are the media create charts from Japan for this week:

Nintendo DS Lite - 116,694

PSP - 75,027

Wii - 54,362

PlayStation 3 - 50,564

PlayStation 2 - 14,875

Xbox 360 - 7,117

Media Create Weekly Sales

From kotaku.com

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

The PS3 has had three weekes at the top, and now the Wii is back on top.

Cant wait to see next weeks figures

Wii fit will either start a massive surge in sales or it will just bomb.. should be interesting.

You tell him Caris!

OMG U FUKIN TROLL GO BAK " WII BOADS.

Not a Troll, simply putting the correct figures in. The PS3 is not top of the Japanese charts anymore! That isn't trolling, just a questing for factual accuracy!

OMG U FUKIN TROLL GO BAK " WII BOADS.

That's the line of the century. By a mile!

I also love how you didn't let go of the shift button so your '2' became a '".'.

Destruction Derby is on PSN! Hopefully be buying that today!

Singstar is out friday! Anyone buying that?

That's the line of the century. By a mile!

I also love how you didn't let go of the shift button so your '2' became a '".'.

Actually, he was just writing in smurf Roman numerals. :smile:

Destruction Derby is on PSN! Hopefully be buying that today!

Singstar is out friday! Anyone buying that?

I always thought Destruction Derby 2 was the best in the series, god that was sweet, jumps, rolls and crazy flips!

Dont know if anyone is interested but Square-Enix are helping to bring Odin Sphere over here early next year. Im quite shocked that the game is making it over here, hopefully it will get the attention it deserves.

How much should I get for a Black PS2 with around twenty games? (GTAs, GH2, Star Wars Battelfronts etc.)

And which shop should I trade it in in?

I know of a Cex

GameStop

GAME in Belfast.