NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Aye, but Zeldaaar Freak is talking about high street stores.

What is the RRP for a 360 game at Gamestation?

Aye, but Zeldaaar Freak is talking about high street stores.

What is the RRP for a 360 game at Gamestation?

Everytime I go in they always sell them for £50.

Sainsburys sells Xbox 360 games for £40 or less. In store!

They might well do but I only go to sainsburys maybe a couple of times a year, just purely because they aren't really in the centre of town though.

Doesn't seem backward compat is that bad. Over 1000 PS2 games supposedly will work from European launch.

Yeah I know that but if theirs a game I want to try before I return it to GAME I have to pay £49.99, but then if I like the game I have to return and then get the game to come.

You can't do that anymore.

If you want you want to try a game out first then rent it.

been playing NBA street Homecourt today. great game even though career mode could be better. havent been online yet as i too scared of getting my ass kicked. :)

been playing NBA street Homecourt today. great game even though career mode could be better. havent been online yet as i too scared of getting my ass kicked. :)

just thought id let you know, this is the PS3 thread:hehe:

Doesn't seem backward compat is that bad. Over 1000 PS2 games supposedly will work from European launch.

Thats good then. As long as the main ones work I don't think anyone will care. I know I only want Jet Set Radio Future on 360 now, and I have 4 XBOX games at the moment. I don't think there are too many people who are too bothered about PS2 games anyway.

You can't do that anymore.

If you want you want to try a game out first then rent it.

Hmmm, well thats weird cos I do that all the time with games I get and find out they are shit. I say this:

Me: "I would like to retun this game"

Staff: "Why"

Me: "Well it isn't what I thought it would be"

Staff: "OK, would you like to pick a different game for the price or a refund#2

Me: "Refund please"

Staff: "OK"

*Walk out of Game with a full refund*

If your having trouble just quote the fact that this game is not fit for the purpose, always works for me.

Fierce_Link why did you say Zeldaaar Freak or implying in some way I'm a chav - or was it by an accident of keeping your finger on the 'a' button for too long.

Hmmm, well thats weird cos I do that all the time with games I get and find out they are shit. I say this:

Me: "I would like to retun this game"

Staff: "Why"

Me: "Well it isn't what I thought it would be"

Staff: "OK, would you like to pick a different game for the price or a refund#2

Me: "Refund please"

Staff: "OK"

*Walk out of Game with a full refund*

If your having trouble just quote the fact that this game is not fit for the purpose, always works for me.

Fierce_Link why did you say Zeldaaar Freak or implying in some way I'm a chav - or was it by an accident of keeping your finger on the 'a' button for too long.

well all the other Game stores have stopped doing this now as far as I know, they now operate a 28 day returns policy, which only applies if the game is still sealed

well all the other Game stores have stopped doing this now as far as I know, they now operate a 28 day returns policy, which only applies if the game is still sealed

That be true, and this:

Won't work. The game's purpose is to be a game. NOT to be a game you enjoy.

That be true, and this:

Won't work. The game's purpose is to be a game. NOT to be a game you enjoy.

Hey works whenever I go into Game. Actually matter of fact did that recently with a game. I just said I thought it was going to be like(A) and it turned out to be like (B). Manager actually was pretty cool and gave me a refund.

Secondly you can return your game if their is even a smidge of dust on the game disc. When you take the sellophane of a packaged game.

What happens if the game has a scratch on it and you open it up to play on it, will they not give you your money back of course they will.

Hmmm who to believe? Someone who works in Game or a Zelda Freak? Hmmmm *Sarcastically thinks*

Rumor: Sony To Unveil PlayStation Home

We just received a very interesting tip that, while juicy and quite believable, we're labeling as rumor for now. As you are probably well aware, GDC executive director Jamil Moledina set Sony's Phil Harrison up for the spike yesterday, claiming that PLAYSTATION 3 owners will be "very happy" when Phil's keynote takes place next week.

Could the PlayStation Home, Sony's blending of achievements and Miis be that big surprise?

While the rumor seems to make sense, keep in mind while reading through it that it came from an anonymous source and that the half-dozen development studios we spoke with hadn't heard a thing about it.

Sony, when contacted earlier today, said they do not comment on rumors or speculation.

Playstation Home sounds like it could be an interesting, lo-fi, killer app, as described by our source.

Basically, you get to make an avatar for your console (like a Mii) and this avatar has a room. As you play games and accomplish certain tasks, you will receive items with which to adorn the room that are specific to the game (achievements). The kicker is that this is going to be a new requirement for every PS3 game...

This also sounds kind of like it could fulfill the promise Sony made at last year's GDC keynote to bring social networking to the PS3.

So we move from product based to service based, starting with packaged product augmented by downloadble content. We'll enhance this with social networks, the MySpace experience, this will be a key part of the PlayStation3 going forward. What brings it to life is the voice chat, the text chat, the video, the social features we're building in for the future.

Rooting around some recent (and not so recent) comments from Sony spokespeople, we find some things that might just validate this.

From Phil's recently published DICE interview with Newsweek editor N'Gai Croal comes this tidbit, following a discussion on the "lo-fi" approach Nintendo took with their Mii avatars:

If you are going to have an avatar which is your representative in a virtual world, it has to stand for more of your personality than some 2-D cartoons. So while I think that millions of people would be happy with cartoony looks, the planet at large probably isn't. And it's an experiment that will be played out very soon, actually.

From Dutch gaming site Next Generation Gamer comes this choice quote from an unidentified Sony rep:

We have something big coming up for the PlayStation Network, but I can't say anything about that yet. It has something to do with the Home Button on the SIXAXIS controller, and with the community.

Again, this is rumor. Our source continues to remain anonymous. Sony could be announcing the robust set of social features it has been touting for a long time, ones that go beyond voice and video chat, and tap into the collective and competitive feature sets that helped make both Xbox Live and Animal Crossing a hit with gamers.

Kotaku

Strange rumour, but sounds interesting. Thing is though people thought there was achievements along time ago when the whole leakage of Entitlements came about. That ended up been nothing, so guess we wait and see.

Sony new trademarked.

homefc1.jpg

Computer game software; electronic devices for the wireless receipt, storage and/or transmission of data and messages; computer software for conducting and coordinating real-time and asynchronous communications among computer users sharing information and audio/video data via electronic communications networks; downloadable electronic publications; sound and/or video recordings featuring music and entertainment, television programs, motion pictures, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs of all kinds; downloadable digital sound and/or video recordings featuring music and entertainment, television programs, motion pictures, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs of all kinds; computer software to allow users to perform electronic business transactions via the Internet

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Electronic games services provided by means of the Internet; Internet games (non-downloadable); organizing of games; entertainment services provided online and/or via a computer database for matching users for the transfer or sharing of music, video and audio recordings via communications networks; providing on-line chat rooms and electronic bulletin boards for transmission of messages among users in the field of general interest; providing of an on-line service enabling physically remote players of an electronic game to search on-line for other players and to communicate with selected players during the game; organizing, staging and the provision of on-line tournaments; entertainment by means of wireless television broadcasts

IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Hosting on-line web facilities for others for organizing and conducting meetings, gatherings, interactive discussions and interactive game play; computer services in the nature of customised web pages for featuring game player information, including information regarding a player's identity and the player's preferences; hosting the computer sites of others on a computer service for a global network; creating and maintaining computer sites for others; website design services; creation and development of virtual and interactive images and environments; providing on-line access to computer networks, computer databases, the Internet, on-line bulletin boards, virtual worlds and libraries of text, graphics and audio-visual and multimedia information and entertainment

Immersion Corporation, (Nasdaq: IMMR - News), a leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) today announced the companies have agreed to conclude their patent litigation at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and have entered into a new business agreement to explore the inclusion of Immersion technology in PlayStation® format products.

"We are pleased to have put this litigation behind us," said Immersion CEO Victor Viegas. "Our new business agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment is specifically intended to enable advanced vibration capability for the benefit of the PlayStation gaming community. We are happy to provide our technology in this regard and hope to make technical proposals very soon with respect to use of our technology in the PlayStation products."

Immersion will receive the amount of the judgment entered by the District Court, which includes damages, pre-judgment interest, costs, and interest, in addition to retaining compulsory license fees ordered by the District Court which were already paid. Terms of the business agreement between the parties provide SCE with certain new rights with respect to Immersion's patent portfolio. Additional financial terms are not being disclosed. The conclusion of this litigation and the agreement will have no material impact on Sony's consolidated earnings forecast announced on January 30, 2007.

"We look forward to exploring with Immersion exciting new ways to bring the largest and best range of gameplay experiences to our customers," said Kazuo Hirai, President and Group Chief Operating Officer, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are very excited about our new partnership with Immersion and the potential for new and innovative products incorporating their technologies."

Maybe a new pad with rumble then? Like back when the PSX was out and that got a new pad, or the original Xbox with the S pad. Not that you actually noticed the rumble is missed much.

Hmmm who to believe? Someone who works in Game or a Zelda Freak? Hmmmm *Sarcastically thinks*

Do I care what you think? Hmmmm *Sarcastically thinks*

P.S. If these two rumors are correct and sony manage to deliver it - I think I will need a ps3.

P.S. If these two rumors are correct and sony manage to deliver it - I think I will need a ps3.

The Sony & Immersion thing is not a rumour.

Do I care what you think? Hmmmm *Sarcastically thinks*

You'd buy a PS3 based on a rip off of achievements and a pad with rumble?