NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

The price of games doesn't seem to stop anyone from buying them, so why should they charge any less?

Exactly. If you don't want to pay the price, don't buy the games ZFreak. If games didn't sell, the price would come down. Simple supply/demand.

Exactly. If you don't want to pay the price, don't buy the games ZFreak. If games didn't sell, the price would come down. Simple supply/demand.

There is universe A(us) and a universe B.

In univerese A the price of games for home consoles is between £40-£50.

In universe B the price of games is £20-£30.

Which universe would you live in, if the only difference between A and B are the price of games.

So you would rather choose universe A - the only thing is that their are far too many people buying games at the higher prices.

One thing they could do is not waste money on advertising. And sort their development costs out. They say the games industry is like that of the movie industry, yet they don't charge you £40 for a film do they.

Except games don't have the same market as films. Movies have alot larger audience so they don't need to make as much profit on a single item as they make it up due to sheer volume. Video games on the other hand are alot more niche and therefore need to make more money on a single item.

Which universe would you live in, if the only difference between A and B are the price of games.

So you would rather choose universe A - the only thing is that their are far too many people buying games at the higher prices.

Where did we say that? Obviously we would like games to be cheaper, but they cost millions of pounds to make and the developers/publishers need to get their money back. If games were any cheaper there wouldn't be a games industry.

I'm happy paying £40 for a quality game. You could easily be charged a lot more than £40-50 for a game, be glad its only that.

One thing they could do is not waste money on advertising. And sort their development costs out. They say the games industry is like that of the movie industry, yet they don't charge you £40 for a film do they.

Seriously, have you got brain damage? At what point did I say I'd rather pay £50 than £30? I'd rather games were free but it's not going to happen and for good reason. I'm not going to stop buying stuff I want just because you're crying about games being expensive.

Except games don't have the same market as films. Movies have alot larger audience so they don't need to make as much profit on a single item as they make it up due to sheer volume. Video games on the other hand are alot more niche and therefore need to make more money on a single item.

But as everybody keeps pointing out to me on these forums games industry is very mass market. So really shouldn't we have mass market prices for our games.

@Moria: Films cost millions to make as well you know.

Seriously, have you got brain damage? At what point did I say I'd rather pay £50 than £30? I'd rather games were free but it's not going to happen and for good reason. I'm not going to stop buying stuff I want just because you're crying about games being expensive.

I don't mind paying for games. Its just that nearly everygame on the market are overpriced. And even I can admit that there are 10% of games which should be slightly more money should be charged for.

How much were playstation 1 games when they came out.

Oh and to everyone else who thinks it better to pay more for a game than its actually is worth for basically a dvd/blu-ray disc/etc. Seems like a no brainer for them to reduce their pices to a cheaper level for everyone look at nintendo if you will.

N64 (£60)

GC (£40)

Wii (should be between £20-30) but they aren't.

Right, yes it HAS to follow a trend.

Why don't you go and find the wormhole to universe B and stop bothering us.

I don't understand why people put up with being charged £50 for a game.

Man Zeldafreak, you can be an idiot sometimes...

I'm just stating...

Why am I even bothering explaining why prices are to high.

This is such a drag. I'm out of here

*ZF disappears like a ninja in a puff of smoke*

Please do ZF, your analagies and explanations are retarded...

Explain to me why you want to pay £50 for Gears of War and not £35.

Plz retro explain it to me. That goes to everyone else as well

I don't understand why people put up with being charged £50 for a game.

I haven't paid £50 for a game since the N64.

No one wants to, but we HAVE to.

No one wants to, but we HAVE to.

We should march around the toon, climb up greys monument and say we'll jump if the games companies don't meet our demands :laughing:

But you must have rokhed if you have bought a 360 game

Yeh it surprises me that a lot of people who use the internet still shop in stores for games, I know some people don't have the right cards etc.. but it is so much cheaper and most banks will allow you to sign up for free debit cards which can be used on nearly every site now.

Yeah I know that but if theirs a game I want to try before I return it to GAME I have to pay £49.99, but then if I like the game I have to return and then get the game to come.

Too much hassle. However then again I don't buy alot of home console games.

Flow will be availble on pns in early april for europeans

@Moria: Films cost millions to make as well you know.

As someone already said wider audience, and also films go to Cinemas first, then DVD.

Because people WANT games you utter simpleton. If the price is what it is, then people HAVE to pay it or go without. This is how price setting works in business. They're not going to say 'Nah screw it ZeldaFreak doesn't like out prices so lets lower them just for him' are they?

We don't have to pay £50, nobody pays that for games. Most shops sell then at £40 these days. Even in town.