NEurope
guarana

Red Steel -1ST Rev game screenshots in gameinformer

I think thats pretty unfair to both the 360 and the REV. For all we know this game might look stunning, but it might take place in small corridors and have an average of one CPU on screen at a time...

Could be better then what we've seen on the 360, might have 1000 CPU's on screen at once and have a whole city to explore... (Not likely though, but still a chance :D )

i'd like you to show me a 360 game that actually does as you suggest.... i can't think of any.

kameo may be able to put a couple of hundred trolls on screen but your interaction with them is limited and their AI pretty weak (in fact next to non)

to be honest I found this least impressive - I expected that

yes but if that has gameplay implications... like being able to hold the gun at certain angles to do different things... for instance, if you held your gun at 45 degrees it made the bullets more likely to ricohet around corners... that could give you amazing and intuitive depth without needing a zillion buttons.

How much blood do you think this game will have. (been wanting to ask for ages). It seems like the kind of game that will need some blood. Or maybe it could be done without? Blood is always controversial in games and I don't want this game to be spoiled by having excess. However it may seem odd when slicing a guy with a sword and there is no claret to follow?

20th april will be THE day. Unfortunately is during the week but I'll stay wake up for a loooong time.

There are gonna be some major implications in multiplayer that I have just thought about.

Who ever is sitting anywhere near you is totally gonna see your arm move when you try and cunningly knife them in the back! Dammit... This game has potential to have some real stealth tension. It's going to be awesome online.

There are gonna be some major implications in multiplayer that I have just thought about.

Who ever is sitting anywhere near you is totally gonna see your arm move when you try and cunningly knife them in the back! Dammit... This game has potential to have some real stealth tension. It's going to be awesome online.

You are absolutely right... I've never thought of that; now not only do they know what you're doing by your movements but they can also see your area of the splitscreen... I just hope they avoid it being frustrating.

Online is gonna be the crown jewel of this game's multiplayer, it's gonna be wonderful. :grin:

EDIT: Did you guys read about being able to use/grab objects to create a shelter? I'd love to be able to use objects like mirrors to check who's shooting on the other side of the corridor, like use it in corners and stuff... you know?

but that might not be fitting for a game like this, I don't know... but I definetly would like to see that in action

But splitscreen was always like that.What's the problem? It's the same you do in geist , mp2 or timeplitters.

Did you guys read about being able to use/grab objects to create a shelter?

Yeh and I was so pleased about this. It just brings so many new dimensions to an old and tired franchise. It will set a new standard for FPS's. I also think the AI is going to be great. There are so many things about the gameplay I like sometimes I totally forget it was the first game to showcase revolutions graphics. ( I still remember the R U FUCKING SHITTING ME feeling I had when I read 1st Revolution screenshots on the main page. I'll probably breakdown come E3.)

Online is gonna be the crown jewel of this game's multiplayer, it's gonna be wonderful.

We know nothing about the multiplayer yet, hold your horses :heh:

Metroid is apparently a step forward, but it's not what I expect for a home game console.

I have high standards considering Nintendo WiFi is free.

Metroid is apparently a step forward, but it's not what I expect for a home game console.

Your avatar says you dont have wi-fi... :confused:

I'd buy it.. I mainly steal off other people and go to hotspots with my DS right now.. but i've only played a couple of matches because Mario Kart was lame.

I expect a gamer list like on xbox live which you can view at any time when someone is online, the game they're playing and the ability to send them a notification to play a game.. some kind of tournament system would be rad too.

and of course a gamer code for all games not just one passport for each game.. that really blows.

I know they're little things.. but that is why xbox live was a success.

Hahah if it is a clone of the DS WiFi I'd probably not buy the console. [/seriously]

Of course its not going to be like the DS WIFI. Why do you think the only thing about the Multiplayer he is not allowed to talk about is WIFI (NDA). I believe WIFI will be great and even better FREE. (thats going to be a major selling point).

That doesn't really make sense... You are expecting high standards even though it is free?

That doesn't really make sense... You are expecting high standards even though it is free?

oh... you know what.... some people will just moan about anything.

this thread and the screens within really vindicates most of the negative comments people have had about the console

...it's underpowered....

...the FHC will not be any good for traditional genres....

lets worry about the network after nintendo have actually specified how it is going to work.

so far... after all... pretty much everthing they have actually told us has been on the money, and good.

Thats what I thought. Im pretty sure it just came out wrong. ;)

^ about the multiplayer... I am at least happy about one thing... Nintendo didn't start going at it as "we're going to have a better online service than xbox/xbox 360" like sony did since... 1 month and a half from now...

why? because I'm convinced they won't deliver that much at first... look at PSP online service? does anyone think they can beat X360's service at launch? only if they get google's(.com) help or something... and even then Microsoft has advantage... why? because it started off with it's service a whole generation before... that's 5 years of advantage, it's a big gap.

Nintendo didn't start off bad with DS... I mean it's free... a Online service sucess can be viewed through the ammount of people who play it... it just has huuuge space for improvement... that said it's the same 5 years of advantage I talked about earlier... Nintendo seems to be learning fast... but don't expect miracles...

The thing I expect for Revolution Wi-Fi is to have fun anyway, that depends mostly on the game not on the quality and amount of options the service has.

It makes sense. I am simply admitting I am picky.. I know it's free but I expect it to be easy to play your mates in a less rigid environment than the DS one.

Animal Crossing and Metroid aren't so bad.. but to have a unified friend code system, better communications and invitations would just make it a whole lot better. While remaining safe for parents who worry..

Right now Nintendo WiFi only really satisfies those who just want some decent intelligent competition in games. It's not really hitting the boxes for friends who want to play together.. well Animal Crossing and Metroid are coming closer.

^ about the multiplayer... I am at least happy about one thing... Nintendo didn't start going at it as "we're going to have a better online service than xbox/xbox 360" like sony did since... 1 month and a half from now...

why? because I'm convinced they won't deliver that much at first... look at PSP online service? does anyone think they can beat X360's service at launch? only if they get google's(.com) help or something... and even then Microsoft has advantage... why? because it started off with it's service a whole generation before... that's 5 years of advantage, it's a big gap.

Nintendo didn't start off bad with DS... I mean it's free... a Online service sucess can be viewed through the ammount of people who play it... it just has huuuge space for improvement... that said it's the same 5 years of advantage I talked about earlier... Nintendo seems to be learning fast... but don't expect miracles...

The thing I expect for Revolution Wi-Fi is to have fun anyway, that depends mostly on the game not on the quality and amount of options the service has.

100% agreed.... Nintendos service is also proving to be much more popular than live if you consider their respective times to hit 2 million users.

oh... you know what.... some people will just moan about anything.

this thread and the screens within really vindicates most of the negative comments people have had about the console

...it's underpowered....

...the FHC will not be any good for traditional genres....

lets worry about the network after nintendo have actually specified how it is going to work.

so far... after all... pretty much everthing they have actually told us has been on the money, and good.

Exactly some people need to realise that Nintendo know what they are doing and don't always take the stoic approach to life.:p Im glad there is someone in the forum that thinks the way I do. (don't stress lads, be happy :grin: )

EDIT:

It makes sense
No it doesn't you should change the word considering to (regardless of it being/irrespective of it being)

Apparently Live didn't make a profit until the first 16 months had passed.

considering they were charging that's a bit of a joke.

I'm interested how much of a WiFi's game price goes into a lifetime subscription to that game's server.

Microsoft does have considerable more experience and software available to manage live, with MSN going strong around the world.

Apparently Live didn't make a profit until the first 16 months had passed.

considering they were charging that's a bit of a joke.

I'm interested how much of a WiFi's game price goes into a lifetime subscription to that game's server.

Microsoft does have considerable more experience and software available to manage live, with MSN going strong around the world.

Would nintendo be able to run big mmo's without charging for the server?, I don't think so, other companies would need to run them, I have a fear that the free charge may mean no proper serice, but just a ds like battle system which doesn't need servers to run. Maybe for big games they could go the cs:source way, and allow people to run there own servers for the game, meaning people would be able to set up online clans.

20th april will be THE day. Unfortunately is during the week but I'll stay wake up for a loooong time.

I hope your right. It's just something tells me Red Steel will be the only game we will get more info on before E3. Like a taster, to make you more hyped.

I hope i'm wrong, i can't wait till next thursday to see if we see more but i'm trying my best not to get over-hyped because we have been in this situation so many times...