NEurope
guarana

Red Steel -1ST Rev game screenshots in gameinformer

Ubisoft will be presenting Red Steel info at E3

April 10th, 2006

At a very interesting keynote by three panelists that will present the top three big games for the three “next-gen” consoles, Ubisoft’s Managing Director Xavier Poix will be speaking about its exclusive Revolution game Red Steel at the event. The title is considered to be a Triple-A game in comparison to Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gears of War, the other two titles as mentioned.

in http://www.codenamerevolution.com/

An AAA game....interesting, but could it be nintendo's HALO? I frankly doubt about it...

I'm interested how much of a WiFi's game price goes into a lifetime subscription to that game's server.

nintendos servise works diffrently to xbox live, microsoft has tons of servers that actualy host games wheres on the nintendo servise we actualy host our own games very much like gamespy which it is based on. nintendo really only needs to manage the authentication servers and statistic servers which in comparason to live whould be sever 100 to thousand times cheaper.

MMO's require servers becouse of the amount of bandwith thats required to host serveral thousand and sometimes millions of players at once, you should be abble to use the nintendo wifi servise for authtication but the publisher will need to set there own servers up for a mmo. at least with this method we don't need to pay for a live servise then on top of that anouther fee from the publisher of the mmo.

An AAA game....interesting, but could it be nintendo's HALO? I frankly doubt about it...

nice to see an open mind then....

halo didn't become halo until it had 2 months of frantic pre-launch polishing.

Red steel looks good - so far, but with the rev, implentation of the controller is going to be everything with regard to how the game feels.

just seen the full scans of Red Steel, could the person who cleaned up the first shots (forgot who it was and can't be bother to look at all 38 pages of this beast thread) clean up the full scans please? (think it was contrast or something like that changed) : peace:

Ubisoft officially announced Red Steel.

Following closely behind Game Informer's scoop, Ubisoft officially announced Red Steel for the Revolution, a first-person shooter / slasher that will launch with the system.

Red Steel, which will launch as a Revolution exclusive, is set in modern-day Japan, and will have players taking control of katanas as well as modern weaponry using the Revolution's unique controller.

Serge Hascoet, chief creative officer at Ubisoft said that he's confident Red Steel will be a "must-have" launch title. He added, "“We have been working closely with Nintendo to take full advantage of the innovative controller."

Nintendo marketing boss Reggie Fils-Aime said, "From what we have seen from Red Steel, it is going to be a standout exclusive title on the Revolution.”

Ubisoft Paris is handling development duties, and is made up of vets from the Prince of Persia, Far Cry Instincts, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell franchises.

The title will make it's worldwide debut at E3 in May, although the latest Game Informer covers the game this month.

There are new scans in the Mozlapunk forums with new screenshots, but they look worse than some Xbox games :hmm:

yeah but thats the prob when you scan some things in (and it depends on how good the magazine paper is)... thats why i want to see them cleaned up a bit, at the mo they are a bit too red in colour

RS3.jpg

RS6.jpg

RS7.jpg

RS8.jpg

RS9.jpg

I think they're just REALLY bad scans!!

If you compare the last picture to how we have seen it, then I think the rest of the game will look just as good!

rev_redshell3.jpg

Don't know maybe I most play more XBOX games but I still thinks it looks better than a current gen game, especially the surroundings, charckter models look more like current gen only a liitle better, well can't wait till E3, I think in motion it will look much better.

Wait, polygon counts are always lower in scans? Ninja Gaiden, Conker, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory... all have higher polygon counts than this shit.

Cheers for comparison retro_link.. thats what i was meaning, can someone adjust the scans like the other pic was done?

those scans have wet my appetite, i need this game! i love the image of the guy holding a sword to the other guys throat and hes on the floor kneeling!, this game is gonna rock regardless of how visually impressive it is for me.

Cheers for comparison retro_link.. thats what i was meaning, can someone adjust the scans like the other pic was done?

Your saying that this game looks better at a smaller size with sharper picture. But there's no way that it will look like that on your TV, especially on a HDTV.

its really strange, their are some really nice shots and some slightly dodgy ones, I think the scan didn't help the textures though! Lets just wait until a video is out or some official shots.

Not sure if their are any realtime shadows though:(

They are. You can notice moirè patterns and JPEG compression artifacts. Plus brightness is too high. Really shitty job.

Wait, polygon counts are always lower in scans? Ninja Gaiden, Conker, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory... all have higher polygon counts than this shit.
are you sure? it seemed pretty next gen to me... jeez you can also spot polygons in next gen games :/

Condemned

-> http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/660/660000/condemned-enemy-profiles-20051020112201696.jpg

notice the clothing the textures are blurry and the polygon count is very low look at the shirt also look at the face expressions that's just bump mapping...

perfect dark Zero example

-> http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/670/670581/perfect-dark-zero-20051123110156943.jpg

(the photo is too big)

anyway... is that polygons in joanna's arm? wait... and her shoulder on the other side? what about the fingers?

stop being picky people... Red Steel's graphics are awesome the way they are. if they look to good, people come and say it's renders... if they see a polygon it's already Xbox quality? give me a break :zzz:

I think alot of the problem with next gen is what we THINK next gen is, In my head I still expect final fantasy cut scene quality graphics, but what next gen is really is current gen with extra lighting, texture etc effects, which is really what those screen shots are!

GC + Bells and whistles:)

Ask and ye shall receive. I did adjust brightness and run JPEG artifact / Moire pattern removal routines. Of course you can't do miracles because the source was too shitty, but it looks little better now.

redsteel2tx.jpg

Thanks for the new scans Retro Link, but now I'm even more hyped about E3. Dam. The shot with one of the masters in looks great. This game would never be possible on the XBox I'm sure.

True next-gen in every sense of the word.

Those scans are great!!!

We should be getting screenshots too, then the graphics whore's will have a field day!!

RS3.jpg

If you compare the last picture to how we have seen it, then I think the rest of the game will look just as good!

rev_redshell3.jpg

Retro_Link where did u get these images, could you post the link so I can read the whole article.

Cheers

here's my attemp on taking off the compression "issues" out of one of the scans:

rs8c7vq.jpg

Maybe I abducted it a little, but I think it's better...

I used two filters (one of them, being grain) then I adjusted colors and and made it like a facing separate page scan (as in... taking out the magazine paper curve in the middle)

EDIT: definetly worse than Teppo Holmqvist attemp, but I can do more if asked to. just say what image.