Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

Yeah I still get them.

How do you get search results of more than 500 posts? I click to view all posts made by a user and I get a search result of 500. Not the thousand or so I was looking for.

I don't believe you can.

Once again repeating my theory that the phantom page issue is something to do with deleted posts as the staff the only ones that can see them.

There are several flaws in that suggestion that.

1) It came from you :heh:

2) The extra pages are in flux, for different people at different times its different amounts ne?

3) There are 157 deleted posts in HWYD. That does not make 2 pages.

4) vB automatically recounts itself when a post is deleted. Plus I keep running a recount anyway which ensures this is done.

2) The extra pages are in flux, for different people at different times its different amounts ne?

No - as far as I'm aware it's the same for everyone but sometimes a thread will have 3 extra pages and sometimes just 2, depending on how many posts the last page has had.

But the rest of your points do invalidate my theory there. What about deleted users as opposed to posts? They're still visible to staff/mods/admins but not us. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

No - as far as I'm aware it's the same for everyone but sometimes a thread will have 3 extra pages and sometimes just 2, depending on how many posts the last page has had.

But the rest of your points do invalidate my theory there. What about deleted users as opposed to posts? They're still visible to staff/mods/admins but not us. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Posts are deleted in two ways;

Soft delete where a 'this message was deleted' box appears and you can view the message.

Hard delete where its dissapeared as if by magic!

There will be numerous hard deletes in HYWD (again, example thread) so they have no effect. Plus soft deletes are not counted as posts anyway. If post #114 was deleted the one before will still be #113 and the one which was following becomes #114. Thus, there is not a staff-only viewable #114(the original) as it simply ceases to be counted, and as such would not make any pages bigger. Theoretically a page could have one actual post, 50 deleted posts and then another thread but for both staff and regular users it will only be one page.

Plus everytime an example has been posted its been in the same position. So like the one someone posted earlier (rez?) had Goafer at the top of a page, same as how I view it.

Consider me out of ideas :(

Edit: All we know is that mods and admins are unaffected by phantom pages, and it only happens on old, long threads. It's not happened in any new threads, therefore it must be something that changed in one of the first updates, which was around the time it started happening.

I'm guessing implementing a spell check icon/ability in the posts isn't doable? I have no idea how this vbulletin or whatever you would use for it works but I was just thinking it would be useful, especially for someone who constantly makes erroneous mistakes such as myself.

I'm guessing implementing a spell check icon/ability in the posts isn't doable? I have no idea how this vbulletin or whatever you would use for it works but I was just thinking it would be useful, especially for someone who constantly makes erroneous mistakes such as myself.

Google Chrome FTWZ.

What browser you on? Firefox has a spell checker.