N-Europe

E3 2006 Hype/Discussion

Atomic Boo

SSB for the Wii can't have been in development for more than 10 months!

Unless they speed up the process by using the Melee engine, it surely cannot be ready for launch. I guess we'll see at E3.

No I haven't played Jump but I don't want a 2D SSB. I'd hate too see a version like the original on the rev. It would look stupid. The Gamecube version had ace effects and moved really fast. This is what made it such a great game. No way can the DS pull this sort of thing off.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSB for the Wii can't have been in development for more than 10 months!

Unless they speed up the process by using the Melee engine, it surely cannot be ready for launch. I guess we'll see at E3.

Why can't it? We don't know how long HAL has been working on it. All we do know is that HAL Laboratory is a pretty big developer, but since the release of Kirby Air Ride (Q4 2003!) only delivered a single video of a GameCube Kirby and worked on EarthBound 3 (most work done by Brownie Brown however), Kirby's Magic Paintbrush and Pokémon Ranger. They have had plenty of time, really.

I agree with you on SSB DS though. It's just not a portable game.

Speaking of SSB3, they should bring back those special character entrances! :D

I've only really been hyped out it since yesterday to be honest, I've marked it into my phone and into my journal.

I won't be doing much streaming anywhere though, mainly because my computer is really bad at it. So I'll to choose look around the net after it's over.

Why can't it? We don't know how long HAL has been working on it. All we do know is that HAL Laboratory is a pretty big developer, but since the release of Kirby Air Ride (Q4 2003!) only delivered a single video of a GameCube Kirby and worked on EarthBound 3 (most work done by Brownie Brown however), Kirby's Magic Paintbrush and Pokémon Ranger. They have had plenty of time, really.

I'm just going on the fact that when Iwata announced SSB would be coming to Wii, it was at E3 last year. it was the first time the director, Masahiro Sakurai, knew about it. It was then reported that after this announcment, Iwata then asked Masahiro to become the director of the project.

It isn't HAL who is developing this game! It's an unnamed one that finished that had just finished development of a major game around May - September time.

All the info is here if you want to read it:

http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670501p1.html

and check the date on this one!?

http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/673/673532p1.html

rticles/667/667525p1.html

The SSB:Wii has probaly been in development for ages even though theyve only had the console and dev kits for a smallish time. They were probably still thinking of ideas for the next version once they finished melee and they can still make map designs and new moves/characters/weapons etc.

They are probably pretty far into it.

Guys don't forget that the FHC was originally a concept that was meant to be for the gamecube so the idea has been around for a while. SSM could have been in design stages since the last game launched. This game is ready alright.

On a seperate point, this is why I think that the FHC has a very high chance of having no glitches. They have had time to perfect it.

But SSB could not have been in the design stages since the last one was finished as it's a NEW team that's been working on it and they only knew they were working on it for 10 months. It can't be any longer than this, just read the IGN articles.

Eeeek! Forgot about that :woops: Sorry... thanks for setting me straight. No fighting the big HAL gloves anymore then? :hmm:

Nintendo has just announced the release date for the DS Lite in the US! (11th June, $129.99, polar white only availible)

Now i have a very strong feeling, theres even BIGGER surprises then that as they have revealed it before E3 which is a surprise.

:bouncy:

Nintendo has just announced the release date for the DS Lite in the US! (11th June, $129.99, polar white only availible)

Now i have a very strong feeling, theres even BIGGER surprises then that as they have revealed it before E3 which is a surprise.

:bouncy:

I guess we wont be getting it early June over here in the uk then.

I'm expecting the lite to be out here in August/September.

It will be September probably, and that will be a busy month as Zelda: TTP will be released then as well (i'm so positive, :D ).

I'm just going on the fact that when Iwata announced SSB would be coming to Wii, it was at E3 last year. it was the first time the director, Masahiro Sakurai, knew about it. It was then reported that after this announcment, Iwata then asked Masahiro to become the director of the project.

It isn't HAL who is developing this game! It's an unnamed one that finished that had just finished development of a major game around May - September time.

Right, I didn't know that. Now I'm very pessimistic about this being a launch title though, unless they're reusing huge parts of the old SSBM material which can't be good.

I'm sure Lite will be out in Europe June/July for the summer.

As hyped as I am about E3 I can't look forward to the Nintendo conference yet as my GCSE French oral exam is that morning and don't want it to come around too soon :heh: But once i've done that the rest of the day I'll be so hyped for the evening :D

This lite new is something really intriguing.I mean we were all expecting they to talk about this at e3 but if is already known what could be coming? something bigger than we thougt... 5 days away now....

I'm sure Lite will be out in Europe June/July for the summer.

As hyped as I am about E3 I can't look forward to the Nintendo conference yet as my GCSE French oral exam is that morning and don't want it to come around too soon :heh: But once i've done that the rest of the day I'll be so hyped for the evening :D

Everytime you say OUI in your french exam you will be reminded of the conference...good luck by the way!