NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

Futurama (really) returns!!1

Straight from the voice actor Billy West himself (who plays Fry), 26 new episodes are going into production! These will air on TV, they aren't going straight to DVD as previously planned.

Link to his message board:

http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2011&PN=1

This link will probably go down very fast, it was posted on Slashdot.

Good good.

Didn't someone from the show also say something about a Futurama movie, aswell?

Great news! I didn't really like season 4 that much, but hopefully this break will have given the writers a bit of time to get some really good stories and gags for season five. Cant wait!

Yes oh god yes! This is fantastic, can't wait, but wasn't there news of 4 movies aswell a while ago, confirmed by Billy.

Good point Retro, I wonder if they decided to scrap them and go with a new season? Hmm....

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure about this. Futurama was great, but I felt it went out on a high and I was looking forward to see what Groening would do next. Still, I'm not expecting the quality of the show to disapate anytime soon. I hope they do an hour-long "wedding episode" or something - they seemed quite intrested in doing that on the directors commentary in season 4.

Maybe that'll be one of the movies if they still do it, Fry and Leela's wedding. But the show would change so much if they did get married, maybe it could show Parallel Fry and Leela's wedding (from The Farnsworth Parabox)

I've never really got into Futurama tbh. I've watched a couple of episodes here and there but never actually like it alot.

Simpsons all the way baby...:bowdown:

Although Simpsons is far superior, (imo) well at least Seasons 4-12 anyway, I'm more than pleased that futurama will return.

Maybe that'll be one of the movies if they still do it, Fry and Leela's wedding. But the show would change so much if they did get married, maybe it could show Parallel Fry and Leela's wedding (from The Farnsworth Parabox)

They can't just stick so rigidly with the same format though. because a) it would start to become stale and b) it wouldn't make any sense in terms of character development. I mean, c'mon, Leela finally fell for Fry properly at the end of season 4. Lets face it, it was going to happen eventually.

Futurama did animation brilliantly. Comedy and drama all meshed into one clever idea. I personally think it to be one of the most original concept animated shows of recent years and welcome it's return.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Best news I have heard in a while. Hopefully Zap Brannigan will feature in the new episodes as that guy is hilarious.

The Standard of Simpsons today is embarassing, frankly. Whereas 'classic' Simpsons (quite a sizable chunk you'll find!), Family Guy and Futurama are the holy trinity of hilarious animation. I mean will Zoidberg's 'woop woop's' ever get stale? Don't answer that one.

YUS another series thats great,it was sayed that it was gonna continue with a movie a while ago but another series is great,can't wait :D

Great! More work for the korean sweatshops... ::shrug:

Isn't everything more work for asian sweatshops these days though.

It's actually not a new set of 26 episodes. Billy West was wrong when he posted and he's now put it right. It's a couple of movies.

Sign in to follow this