NEurope

i really cant wait for Iwata to show his stuff.
Why does that give me perverted thoughts?

No, I'm not gay.

yeah basically up yours EA

... The fanboyness against Sony and EA is getting quite sad now.

Iwata's said what I expected him to say. Still a final name would fit in the GDC speech I guess.

True that bit is good but he in no way does he actually addresses the fact that publishers see Nintendo as a niche marketeer. The only hope is that he can get the Devs excited enough to convinve the publishers.

whats he supposed to say? "We will send the heavies down to their offices to change their minds"

I think his answer was pretty good, at the end of the day devs have made up their mind. they are right or they are wrong, that makes no difference, they won't take nintendo's word alone, no one can predict the future, what he addressed was what he can address - the part about Nintendo's attitude to market share.

Ahh I dunno, you guys are probably right. It's just that the talk around the Rev is very different to that of the DS. Nintendo were making their full attempts to grab people back then by constantly talking about the hardware and the possibilities. Now it just seems as though they can just say "innovation work well, look at the DS!" and that will make everything ok.

To be honest though we don't know what he is saying to Devs in private. Pah, guess we'll just have to wait to see the games...

... The fanboyness against Sony and EA is getting quite sad now.

Iwata's said what I expected him to say. Still a final name would fit in the GDC speech I guess.

how is my interpretation of what iwata said make me fanboyish? ea said that they were not going to concentrate on the rev because of market share. iwata said market share isn't the be all and end all. so i think my interpretation is not unjustified.

Market share is very important to a third publisher - even moreso than it means to Nintendo the way Iwata makes it seem (of course he's PR talking there) - because their game sales depend on it. EA doesn't make games to entertain, EA makes games to make money, but every publisher in the world does that.

Market share is very important to a third publisher - even moreso than it means to Nintendo the way Iwata makes it seem (of course he's PR talking there) - because their game sales depend on it. EA doesn't make games to entertain, EA makes games to make money, but every publisher in the world does that.

When you see an EA game in the top 10 pretty much every week/ month, it's hard not to be a fanboy.

regardless of the importance of market share how does my interpretation of a comment make me a fanboy? people are too easily branded these days.

Anyone know if there'll be a direct feed anywhere?

There usually isn't for GDC, but it's worth asking right?

Nope. The conference is completely camera/video free. You'll have to wait for official media.

Nope. The conference is completely camera/video free. You'll have to wait for official media.

Yeh, I just had a quick look around. No filming is allowed until 5mins after keynote finishes.

IGN say they'll have a live transcript up though.

good thing bout the transcript. getting a teeny bit hyped, now that its 2 nd a half hours away? pretty good time wise for me actually. would have been better if it was 30 minutes earlier, but oh well!

Just thought i'd comment on the new pictures of the revolution from GDC (Revo shots from GDC

Did you guys notice that the X and the Y by the A and B are back!

So I guess they've decided to include them anyway? and maybe that reflection in the first revolution controller video was to give a little something extra to the guys who'd notice it..

Mysterious...

also the groove shown in eyes_on_revolution_20060322072416002.jpg may be an indication of how and where the shell will slot in

EDIT: Soz about the size don't know how to fix it.

Nothing but boring stuff everybody already knows. I am happy that I play Oblivion in the meantime this is really worse. Now please don't tell me "Nintendo never said they show anything about the Revolution" but it seems they simply don't have anything to tell. Instead they repeat stuff everyone already knows (especially developers).

Calm before a storm? I doubt it! :hmm:

Nearly finished now hasn't it? I can't believe we have to wait till E3 to hear something new about Revolution, they really are sticking to their word! :cry:

Not sure if i agree with Nintendo's tactic here, but you never know, this building up to E3 could do them a favour, they certainly have 'alot' of stuff we don't know about, so E3 2006 is Nintendo's hands-down, it really is going to be a 'blast' of videos, information, release dates, prices etc..

:grin:

EDIT: I must add i wasn't expecting alot from this conference, although a little tid-bit wouldn't of hurt. I'm sick of people keep saying 'you hyped it up-Nintendo never said they were announcing anything'. It's about bloody time they did! :)

Everyone following IGN's transcript?

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697882p1.html

Extremely uneventful so far. How long is it meant to last?

Its supposed to be an hour long so given the delay I'd say it'll finish at around 7:45 UK Time that it finishes and I expect if we're to see anything on revo it'll be the last thing to come on.