N-Europe

GDC 2006

david.dakota

I think they need to get a rough date out like PS3, just say oct-nov release or something, they need to get it out before PS3 though, before sony swamp everything with marketing, plus if nintendo don't release everywhere at once(roughly), it would be a really bad idea.

Come on Ninty, do me proud!:)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GDC, being the Game Developers Conference, should have information that is mainly relevant to developers, not to gamers.

That being said, we shouldn't expect for game footage or announcements - what good would that be for other developers?

But there is other information that is relevant to both developers and gamers, and that we could expect from Iwata's keynote:

- Release date

- Specifications

- Tech demos

- Complete description of console features

- Online infrastructure

In my opinion, this is the kind of information we should expect from Iwata's speech, and nothing more.

I think we may get a release date.from that pic that was floating round earlier (revolution casings) I imagine the revolution is already in production, it may be a good idea to release the console in the 3rd quarter, or the end of the 2nd quarter, to temper demand a little. lots of factors in the launch though, but they seem to have a good idea of what they're doing now.

The GDC, being the Game Developers Conference, should have information that is mainly relevant to developers, not to gamers.

But there is other information that is relevant to both developers and gamers, and that we could expect from Iwata's keynote:

- Release date

- Specifications

- Tech demos

- Online infrastructure

I don't expect much either but developers already know about those things and if not they are not developing for Nintendo. Only the exact release date is a mystery but I am sure they know a date - after all they have a schedule.

I don't expect much either but developers already know about those things and if not they are not developing for Nintendo. Only the exact release date is a mystery but I am sure they know a date - after all they have a schedule.

Well, Iwata could be trying to "sell" the system to developers that hadn't really given it a thought until now. That's the whole point of the conference speech: trying to convince developers that aren't currently developing for Nintendo to do it.

Well, Iwata could be trying to "sell" the system to developers that hadn't really given it a thought until now. That's the whole point of the conference speech: trying to convince developers that aren't currently developing for Nintendo to do it.

I hope you are right and it works - the more the merrier :)

That being said, we shouldn't expect for game footage or announcements - what good would that be for other developers?

- Release date

- Specifications

- Tech demos

- Online infrastructure

In my opinion, this is the kind of information we should expect from Iwata's speech, and nothing more.

Developers alread know a ruff release date for the Revolution. The big guys have know the time frame since sometime around July/August. And I'm sure that by mid-April most developers or at lease the ones making games coming in 06 will know the actual release dates. A few developers have very recently said that they have been told to aim completion for their 06 games in October. And I guess this varies depending on system launch date, wheather their games will be out on launch date...

Specifications. Developers know the final specs of the system already.

95% of console features will be known for developers by April. I'm saying 95% because often Nintendo could change minor things and they tell developers something.

Online. All I can say right know is that the Revolution will have Wi-Fi enabled games from launch. 3rd parties included.

Other than that. Well the official news now from developers and Nintendo contacts is: Wait until GDC and after that going through April new info(games,online...) will slowly be unveiled. Leading up to "the" BIG suprise/unvieling of the unannounce feature.

What Nintendo will say or show, I have no idea.

I don't know the details, but let me put it this way: Don't be surprised if there happen to be developers, U and S , who will "speak" about their big project..........................................

so BigTac, do you think Nintendo is going to "relax" its announcements at GDC because of PS3 delay?

I mean, you said several weeks ago that it's almost official Ninty is going to release some info. And that info could be minor things like name, classic shell, final design, list of games, Virtual Console and NWC, and maybe one big thing. So are you still so optimistic about GDC announcements or have things changed since Sony's one?

Thanks as always!

And sorry (again) for the English!

Uh, did every one here completly forget about the zelda trailor shown at last years GDC? Isn't that game footage?

Ok, how many hours left before GDC opens it's doors? because here it's already March 20th :D

US is +8 to +10 hours compared to mainland Europe, so it might be until deep in the night until we hear something :(

In my hotel room.

Just be patient everybody. This week will bring forth some interesting and exciting news. Even though there are some nda's flying around this week. But hey all I can say is just wait. I can't wait unti E3.

Oh Sony, Sony, Sony. I have some interesting things from developers. Good and bad. But Sony fans should expect lots of news also.