NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fresh

Oh my gawd, click link

For the man who brought you the women marrying a dolphin and the guy who married a goat, I've yet again found somming out fo the ordinary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/03_march/07/fours.shtml

^^ weird stuff, I'm definitly going to watch it.

Best tread intro i've seen so far :D

edit: I saw the story earlier on on the bbc site, seems very strange.

If it wasn't for the last part of the story, saying something about brain damage, I'd still believe this is a joke.

But if this is indeed true it could shed light on our ancestors and why it rocks that you don't need your hands for walking :D

this is truly stupid. for once and for all: stupid. this is not some kind of a link, this is just some retarded people crawling around. nothing more. it says that right there in the article, just in other words.

this is truly stupid. for once and for all: stupid. this is not some kind of a link, this is just some retarded people crawling around. nothing more. it says that right there in the article, just in other words.

That's not a nice way of putting it. We don't tolerate that sort of talk on these forums.

The parents, who are closely related, have had 19 children

Incest, fun for all the family.

My geography teacher shown me this. He didn't let me read it though, thanks for the link.

That's not a nice way of putting it. We don't tolerate that sort of talk on these forums.

Kick his ass Oddy.

Yeah, you're educated...

Maybe open your mind a little? Failing that - if you can't post a worthwhile and constructive comment then don't bother posting one at all.

Yeah, you're educated...

Maybe open your mind a little? Failing that - if you can't post a worthwhile and constructive comment then don't bother posting one at all.

You sound like my mum. Except robot version.

it may be not a nice way of putting it, but it's simply the truth.

i've seen everyone tolerating more insulting posts on this forum as my previous. if it's too hard, i can edit it and take it back if that makes everyone's world okay again.

Incest, fun for all the family.

My geography teacher shown me this. He didn't let me read it though, thanks for the link.

Kick his ass Oddy.

...uh yeah, kick my ass Oddy. :bowdown:

and i think it's stupid that resources are wasted on researching the walking habits of some people, no matter if they are retarded or not. so i can't see what's insulting in my post. is it the word "retarded"? well, i could as well say brain damaged (these are the words in the original article), does it make a difference?

and yeah, open my mind to what? i didn't forbid them to walk that way. but it's just plain stupid to make a newspaper article out of it.

...let the stoning begin!

Is it the word "retarded"? well, i could as well say brain damaged (these are the words in the original article), does it make a difference?

It was specifically the word 'retard' that was worrying to me. It has negative connotations and feels offensive.

this is truly stupid. for once and for all: stupid. this is not some kind of a link, this is just some mentally ill people crawling around. nothing more. it says that right there in the article, just in other words.

They don't walk that way because it's the only way they know, they walk like it because of their skeletons. That's why all these scientists are saying it has huge importance, like it's a missing link because they're skeletons would match those of early humans, humans that walked on all fours.

It was specifically the word 'retard' that was worrying to me. It has negative connotations and feels offensive.

okay, a friend of mine who talks better english than i do just told me that retarded isn't the right word. i'd better say "mental disadvantaged". so, my fault. anyways, you know now what i meant.

They don't walk that way because it's the only way they know, they walk like it because of their skeletons. That's why all these scientists are saying it has huge importance, like it's a missing link because they're skeletons would match those of early humans, humans that walked on all fours.

please read the article again. their parents walk normal, their other 14 siblings walk normal.

American paleanthropologists think the family's skeletons could hold vital clues about the origin of man.

it says nothing about that they were born with a different skeleton, it could be just deformed by the way they walk (one of them walks like that for 34 years as you can read).

so i officially apologize for my inaproppriate word choice.

okay, a friend of mine who talks better english than i do just told me that retarded isn't the right word. i'd better say "mental disadvantaged". so, my fault. anyways, you know now what i meant.

That's still offensive words. Why is it that peoiple instantly compared people who aren;t like them to disabled people?

That's still offensive words. Why is it that peoiple instantly compared people who aren;t like them to disabled people?

It says in the article.

as it is now a fact that you are at least more educated than i am and that you have a bigger knowledge about that topic why don't you help me out instead of writing disagreeing posts that don't help anybody?

anyways, that's the last post from me in that topic as this one is not going to become better.

Im not. I just object to when a person is mentally disabled or physically disabled and some idiot goes "lol ReTaRd!".

As for the thread - cool, i hope it helps scientists find that "missing link".

Im not. I just object to when a person is mentally disabled or physically disabled and some idiot goes "lol ReTaRd!".

As for the thread - cool, i hope it helps scientists find that "missing link".

He didnt go lol retard and mentally disadvantaged is not insulting- its sad but there are disadvanted if they have brain damage. Noone thinks it funny...

Aah all words that describe something 'negative' eventually become instulting. For instance; nigger, spastic, Paki (which is just like saying Iraqi).

Words are just words and we should all look past them and find what the person is actually trying to say instead of jumping at their throats if they say something wrong.

please read the article again. their parents walk normal, their other 14 siblings walk normal.

American paleanthropologists think the family's skeletons could hold vital clues about the origin of man.

it says nothing about that they were born with a different skeleton, it could be just deformed by the way they walk (one of them walks like that for 34 years as you can read).

so i officially apologize for my inaproppriate word choice.

Don't you realise that differences in a few genes can have huge effects- just because their parents and siblings don't have different skeletons doesn't mean that they won't. Look at something like Down's syndrome; it's perfectly possible for normal parents to have several children, only one of which has the syndrome.

They are therefore not "mentally disadvantaged"; they have physical abnormalities.

Aah all words that describe something 'negative' eventually become instulting. For instance; nigger, spastic, Paki (which is just like saying Iraqi).

Words are just words and we should all look past them and find what the person is actually trying to say instead of jumping at their throats if they say something wrong.

Yeah...they're still spastics though, cos that's what they're called really...

I think we should start calling people Scopes, just to fight against PC:heh:

This has gone totally off topic and there seems to be no relevant discussion about the link so I'll close it.

Sign in to follow this