N-Europe

Single player games requiring 2 controllers

BlueStar

Do you think this will happen much? Thinking of the gameplay possibilities of the Revolution, there are more options available for single player games if you add another controller - think drumming games, dancing games (Both arms in the air, cross arms, make a box), warioware, that cooking game (toss a salad, knead the dough).

Do you think that like the memory card space needed, how many players etc we get on gamecube boxes, on rev games we might get a note of how many controllers are manditory for playing? Or will companies shy away in fear of excluding friendless types with only one controller? Should they? Maybe they'd stick to adding one player/two controller sections as optional mini games rather than make them an integral part of a game.

I would of thought so, i think there will be a maximum of 2 controllers in use for one person so maybe a notice saying "Multiple controllers required, Minimum:2(etc)".

If its only a few minigames that uses 2 controllers, maybe it could have notice? it seems like the best thing to do.

Why discriminate skill in games like WarioWare based on 1 hand? Get them to use 2 controllers and test their multitasking skills.

It makes sense for them to do this.. and the system is symetrical so suits Lefties and Righties.

I would expect there are some games.. not hardcore ones but a few that use 2 controllers.

I think revolution should come bundled with 2 FHC, it would expand possibilities for the developers being standard, and provide possible multiplayer out of the box.

It is essentially multiplayer out of the box already though as its got WiFi built in...

I hope some games do require 2 controllers to play it, maybe a gangster-style FPS where you can use 2 pistols or something...

Guest Stefkov

zelda could use it, one for sword and one for shield if you really want a realish playof the game, they could even go into archery, hold one with the left(or right) at 90 degrees at arms length, this s the box, then all you do is, pretend you are latching something on wi th your other hand, you move it forward until its at the arrow. then press a or b, then pull back as far as you want.. then let go of the button and it flies. they could do a winter olympics game, ski slalom. hold them both downwards (the sensor side). hold them like yo would ski sticks, move the right one down to make your guy move right and vice versa. for say a speed one or something you could tilt the controllers up to make the guy in the game lift them so that he gos faster, then to move (not literally lift them just tilt them maybe so they point backwards) the to move left and right if you need to, if your hands are holding the FHC's ppointing backwards towards you, you just move them at the same time left and right to move in that direction.

just some ideas for 2 FHC games

zelda could use it, one for sword and one for shield if you really want a realish playof the game, they could even go into archery, hold one with the left(or right) at 90 degrees at arms length, this s the box, then all you do is, pretend you are latching something on wi th your other hand, you move it forward until its at the arrow. then press a or b, then pull back as far as you want.. then let go of the button and it flies. they could do a winter olympics game, ski slalom. hold them both downwards (the sensor side). hold them like yo would ski sticks, move the right one down to make your guy move right and vice versa. for say a speed one or something you could tilt the controllers up to make the guy in the game lift them so that he gos faster, then to move (not literally lift them just tilt them maybe so they point backwards) the to move left and right if you need to, if your hands are holding the FHC's ppointing backwards towards you, you just move them at the same time left and right to move in that direction.

just some ideas for 2 FHC games

and (in zelda) where would you have the joystick to walk in it?

they could also put Gyroscopes in the Joystick add-on... anyway, using one of the double shoulder buttons for that "Zelda" experience would be perfect.

But all the ideas should be explored by developers, if having two controllers isn't standard I don't see many companies using them, unless it comes bundled in with the game, because then not even the single player experience would work well enough... the console will be much cheaper than the others anyway, they could go a little overboard with this I guess.

On a shooter it could be a option to be able to use two weapons freely or not, but on other type of game made with that in mind it could be a minimum requirement to play it.

and (in zelda) where would you have the joystick to walk in it?

Me and my friends have been discussing this.I can't remember them all but you could jsut use the D-Pad .i had other ones but I just can't remember.I want a game where you have Twin Swords.That will make an amazing game

about once every coupla months or so a few friends of mine (my mate emma and a coupla girls she works with, happily enough lol) come round for a "bongo" night. the drink flows and the place degenerates into hilarity!! :D thing is, apart from emma, the others don't play games but they love donkey konka, pac man vs and burnout 2's crash mode. nintendo (and the third-parties) did a great job in bringing in non-gamers with these titles and i can see a donkey konga appearing on the revo with an additional controller along with it, like we had with the bongo drums.

imagining all of us playing these imaginary drums in mid-air creates quite a picture lol!

ohhh they need to make a knitting game.. it would be perfect for the two controllers..

LOL will make a great mini-game. Knitting, even though it is looked upon as being for grans, i'm actually really good at it and find it pretty relaxing but I haven't done it in year (use to do it in home economics in 1st/2nd year). Man, great times :awesome: lol : peace:

Guest Stefkov

maybe the new spiderman game could use it for the webslinging. right and left hands. first person view. it could be on tracks soall you control is his hands, or you could use the dpad to move him aorund.