N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Guest Jordan

Slumdog Millionaire.

Err... Okay? It was well told and the story was clever but. It wasn't "the best film ever" as some people are trying to make it out to be.

Hi dabookerman...

*banned*

\OOOh what happened.

I think my family are going en masse to see 17 Again. *joy*

Just got back from it

17 Again

As I said elswhere = Just like 13 Going On 30, except it was enjoyable to watch. Heh. No it was actually really good. Funny in places, Zac Effron is....oh god.....Zac Effron is....ugh I'm gonna have to scrub so hard after this....Zac Effron is actually really awesome. Fuck. I said it. Can't take it back.

Yeah rli rli enjoyable.

8/10

17 Again

As I said elswhere = Just like 13 Going On 30, except it was enjoyable to watch. Heh. No it was actually really good. Funny in places, Zac Effron is....oh god.....Zac Effron is....ugh I'm gonna have to scrub so hard after this....Zac Effron is actually really awesome. Fuck. I said it. Can't take it back.

Yeah rli rli enjoyable.

8/10

Yay! I'm off to see it next tuesday with about 10 other people (*cough* women *cough*). How much is the guy from friends in it? (I've completely blanked on his name)

...Btw it's "Efron". :)

Yay! I'm off to see it next tuesday with about 10 other people (*cough* women *cough*). How much is the guy from friends in it? (I've completely blanked on his name)

...Btw it's "Efron". :)

Oh lol. "I don't care" (joke from the film) :heh:

Matthew Perry, is in it for about 10-15 minutes. Not a large portion at all really.

He is indeed.

--

Vantage Point

Way better than I expected, especially after the critics seemed to hate it. I liked the style of the movie, and some of the acting was great. The last 20 minutes were pretty gripping, though it did drag a little half way through.

17 Again

I generally don't take much from teen/comedy films, but I REALLY enjoyed this. I'm officially impressed by Zac Efron, and it was very funny throughout. I never laugh out oud properly in films, but I was chuckling throughout.

Very well done, could have been boring as hell as the concept has been done before., But no, I'd recommend this, and I'm harsh as fuck on comedies and/or "teen" films.

I'm surprised at what I'm giving this, but..7.9? Arugably 8, but seems too much.

17 Again

I generally don't take much from teen/comedy films, but I REALLY enjoyed this. I'm officially impressed by Zac Efron, and it was very funny throughout. I never laugh out oud properly in films, but I was chuckling throughout.

Very well done, could have been boring as hell as the concept has been done before., But no, I'd recommend this, and I'm harsh as fuck on comedies and/or "teen" films.

I'm surprised at what I'm giving this, but..7.9? Arugably 8, but seems too much.

I'm tempted to say Zac should move into comedies. I heard that he has pulled out (heh) of Footloose cos' he doesn't want to do anymore musicals.

I'm almost tempted to say he might fill a hole (super attractive guy) in an Apatow crowd. He might even have a pathway into it, what with Apatows wife in blah etc.

But yeah. Can't believe I'm a Zac-Fan.

I'm tempted to say Zac should move into comedies. I heard that he has pulled out (heh) of Footloose cos' he doesn't want to do anymore musicals.

I'm almost tempted to say he might fill a hole (super attractive guy) in an Apatow crowd. He might even have a pathway into it, what with Apatows wife in blah etc.

But yeah. Can't believe I'm a Zac-Fan.

No thanks. I don't like the idea of just being in a "group" not doing anything out of your comfort zone. He evidently does want to be taken seriously, as he turned down Footloose, and I saw he's in that one about Orson Welles.

I suppose if you're Paul Rudd, you get by being mildly successful doing the same thing over and over, but If I was a good actor, I'd want to vary it a bit.

No thanks. I don't like the idea of just being in a "group" not doing anything out of your comfort zone. He evidently does want to be taken seriously, as he turned down Footloose, and I saw he's in that one about Orson Welles.

I suppose if you're Paul Rudd, you get by being mildly successful doing the same thing over and over, but If I was a good actor, I'd want to vary it a bit.

Agreed, there's no point in him making the effort to move out of one genre (musicals) only to go straight into another (comedies). That's obviously why he did Me and Orson Welles (though, it's yet to get a release date). I'm just hoping he's going to reprise his role in Hairspray 2, it would seem pointless for him not too.

Agreed, there's no point in him making the effort to move out of one genre (musicals) only to go straight into another (comedies). That's obviously why he did Me and Orson Welles (though, it's yet to get a release date). I'm just hoping he's going to reprise his role in Hairspray 2, it would seem pointless for him not too.

Wtf? Hairspray 2? What is there to add?

I hate.

Wtf? Hairspray 2? What is there to add?

I hate.

It's done by the same guys that did the first, and is apparently based on the "British music invasion" as they enter the 60s. Considering how well the remake turned out, I'm hoping this will be up to par. As long as Bynes and Efron are in it, I'm beyond happy.

Edited by Slaggis

It's done by the same guys that did the first, and is apparently based on the "British music invasion" as they enter the 60s. Considering how well the remake turned out, I'm hoping this will be up to par. As long as Bynes and Efron are in it, I'm beyond happy.

Bear in mind the musical was done in the 70's or something...so how these guys hope to replicate some of the great stuff that's in the original show is beyond me.

Bear in mind the musical was done in the 70's or something...so how these guys hope to replicate some of the great stuff that's in the original show is beyond me.

70's? The original was done in 1988...and the fact that they added a couple of new songs to the remake which fitted in perfectly is surely a good sign for the new material they wil have to write for the sequel? Somehow, I can't see them screwing it up. Shankman and Waters love it too much to make a mockery of it.

Fast and the Furious 4

Meh. It's pretty much the second one all over again. Very average. After the quite good third one, it's surprising it's gone back to being a bit shit. The third one was also a bit shit, but at least they didn't take themselves too seriously and realised people just wanted to see some cars doing some wizard endos or whatever the youth of today like to do in their motor cars. This one seemed to try and actually tell a decent story and kind of failed. The few car races/chases weren't really good enough.

The one good thing I will say about the film, is that it's car selection has matured a bit. American muscle is more common in this film than the last ones, plus there were some really obscure cars to satisfy the people who are geniunely interested in cars, not just plastic body kits and "nawss". The best example of it's use of unusual cars was the Ford RS200. It was an 80s rally monster. To comply with rally laws, 200 road versions had to be made. So it's pretty damn obscure to use one in a run of the mill boy racer movie.

Don't expect anything even remotely intelligent and 4 is not that bad.

6.5/10

Edited by Goafer

Lost in Translation

Second watching, one of my top 5 films of all time. Beautiful, subtle, and My Bloody Romance

10 / 10

Hmm haven't watched much else recently...

The Breakfast Club

The girlfriend convinced me to watch and Im glad I did. Rather awesome characters, awesome soundtrack, and an interesting look at social structure in schools

9 / 10

And thats like all I've watched the past couple weeks... Disappointing lack of films

The Breakfast Club

The girlfriend convinced me to watch and Im glad I did. Rather awesome characters, awesome soundtrack, and an interesting look at social structure in schools

9 / 10

Yeah it's really good, suprised me as well.

Mr + Mrs. Smith

It was ok, dragged a bit, but the action was sufficiently OTT throughout. Highlight obviously being the gunfight around the house.

I like Angelina Jolie.

It didn't leave you with much, but it was fun nontheless.

6/10

Fast and the Furious 4

Meh. It's pretty much the second one all over again. Very average. After the quite good third one, it's surprising it's gone back to being a bit shit.

Are you implying that Tokyo Drift was a good film? LIES.

On a more serious note, they really need someone to come up with inventive titles.

Are you implying that Tokyo Drift was a good film? LIES.

On a more serious note, they really need someone to come up with inventive titles.

I liked Tokyo Drift. It was terrible story wise, but there were hints that the makers knew it. For example: the main character was apparently 17, yet he looked about 3 decades too old. Lines like "You're lucky you weren't tried as an adult" and "Careful ladies, he's underage" were almost unbearably funny.

Plus I'm generally a fan of cars doing awesome stuff. And the older and more battered the car the better. Mad Max is pretty much my vision of the perfect future. The scene at the beginning where the battered old muscle car smites the fancy new Viper was pretty much automobile sleaze to me.

Hahaha! You're such an idiot.

How? Because I'd want to try different styles were I an actor, or because of what I said about Paul Rudd?

I know he does do the odd different kind of movie, but for me personally, I'd hate to be pigeonholed.