Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

i just finished watching the fountain ... i cant say i could explain my understanding of the film, but i "get it" enough to satisfy myself~ reeeally emotional, really nice visual styles and metaphors, hugh jackman with a beard... jamba called me half way through and i was like "i'm *sob* not *choke* CRYING!! *wail* ...i'm leaking water from my EYES!!"

i liked it. i want to read the book/graphic novel it was based on though - someone told me it was even better & a bit more explainy~

8/10

The graphic novel is actually based on the script. I really want to read it as well but its one of those things which I always forget to get until I'm too busy...and then I remember! :indeed:

I loved the film. I've seen it about 6 or 7 times and every time I see it I get something new from it. I know a lot of people think its a pile of garbage but I just thought it was stunning. Hugh Jackman is phenomenal in it.

Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors!

O_W stop trying to be elitist and different, who the fuck cares, of course people are going to see Rambo, it's the ending to a saga that was a hallmark in the movie history. Not to mention that they're nothing like each other.

I'm not trying to be elitist. As for the different, excuse me if I like to add a little flavour to my life... it just annoys the hell out of me that it works like this. Simple as.

Anyway, what I'm angry at is people going all "oh, movies are getting progressively worse lately", and then they don't even move their fucking asses to go and watch a good movie. But they do watch the recipe movies, wich they claim they are tired of... Rambo was a hallmark in movie history, there's no denying that. But there's also no denying that Persepolis is a much better movie. And now I ask myself, why is it that year after year, I hear the same shit anout how movies are all the same lately and so on, but when a movie that actually tries to make a difference and succeeds comes along, nobody even bothers with it?

Ah, fuck it, what difference does it make if I ramble on and on...

I'm not trying to be elitist. As for the different, excuse me if I like to add a little flavour to my life... it just annoys the hell out of me that it works like this. Simple as.

Anyway, what I'm angry at is people going all "oh, movies are getting progressively worse lately", and then they don't even move their fucking asses to go and watch a good movie. But they do watch the recipe movies, wich they claim they are tired of... Rambo was a hallmark in movie history, there's no denying that. But there's also no denying that Persepolis is a much better movie. And now I ask myself, why is it that year after year, I hear the same shit anout how movies are all the same lately and so on, but when a movie that actually tries to make a difference and succeeds comes along, nobody even bothers with it?

Ah, fuck it, what difference does it make if I ramble on and on...

The people who go see the same movies over and over again aren't the ones who complain. Also, it's rtidiculous to compare Rambo to Persepolis, they're NOTHING alike.

The people who go see the same movies over and over again aren't the ones who complain.

Actually, yes, they are!!! Wich is what's so fucking annoying! :(

Also, it's rtidiculous to compare Rambo to Persepolis, they're NOTHING alike.

I know they're completely different. But any person can enjoy either of them, that's all I'm pointing out. Well... maybe Rambo can be a stretch for some anti-action bitches. This reminds me that I need to go see Rambo. And that reminds me that our town's cinema sucks big balls.

I know they're completely different. But any person can enjoy either of them, that's all I'm pointing out. Well... maybe Rambo can be a stretch for some anti-action bitches. This reminds me that I need to go see Rambo. And that reminds me that our town's cinema sucks big balls.

It didn't come out there? WTF? lol

Not anyone can see it though, it's pretty fucking hardcore and doesn't follow the normal introduction-development-conclusion storytelling

A History of Violence: still outstanding, this is to say it stands out like a wild boar at a chicken party.....still gutted when it ends. MORE MORE MORE

I have Airplane 1/2 for tomorrow, and Full Metal Jacket at some point.

a history of violence is funking awesome. I was really, really impressed by it. One of the few films to genuinely use effective violence.

a history of violence is funking awesome. I was really, really impressed by it. One of the few films to genuinely use effective violence.

*shudder* i. hate. cronenburg. movies.

there we go - that's my irrational prejudice: i dont like any of them. ESPECIALLY history of violence. all of his movies hold irritating memories for me; being made to watch them (in the case of "the fly" over and over and over again) by my ex - i probably wouldn't mind them if i hadn't been forced to watch them so many times... but history of violence is the film we went to the cinema to see together, with two of my friends... it was awkward and horrible :( i'm sure if i could bear to watch it, it might well be a fantastic film.... i just don't want to. ever.

Crash, Dead Ringers and eXistenZ are Cronenberg's best films

I disagree, but those are good ones too. If one overall "best" had to be proclaimed, I guess it'd be The Dead Zone. Or maybe Naked Lunch. Some would even argue The Fly or Videodrome. Dead Ringers is a beast of great power. Existenz is an existencial (lol) masterpiece.

Crash is a bit shit.

I disagree, but those are good ones too. If one overall "best" had to be proclaimed, I guess it'd be The Dead Zone. Or maybe Naked Lunch. Some would even argue The Fly or Videodrome. Dead Ringers is a beast of great power. Existenz is an existencial (lol) masterpiece.

Crash is a bit shit.

Edit: In your opinion

No Country for Old Men

Not a bad film, wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, and the ending was just like...huh?? Still, I quite enjoyed it - loved the way it was shot and directed

8/10

The 40 Year Old Virgin

This was the first time I'd seen this, really enjoyed it. Was just mindless fun!

7/10

Superbad

Not as funny as I was expecting from reading other peoples' reviews, not a patch on American Pie, but the cops alone make it worth watching

6/10