NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Silent Hill!

RENTED OUT EVERYWHERE! ARGH! Thankfully got a copy which someone had just returned a little earlier.

Overall? Superb. EXTREMELY gory, quite scary, very sleek. However Dan Dare is spot-on. It all goes a bit pear-shaped once they find the church, still good but gets a little silly.

mmmm a good 8/10 i think.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Decient Will Ferrel movie, but I found it wasn't as funny as Anchorman or Oldschool. Those are classic Will Ferrel movies.

7/10

Silent Hill!

RENTED OUT EVERYWHERE! ARGH! Thankfully got a copy which someone had just returned a little earlier.

Overall? Superb. EXTREMELY gory, quite scary, very sleek. However Dan Dare is spot-on. It all goes a bit pear-shaped once they find the church, still good but gets a little silly.

mmmm a good 8/10 i think.

I found some of the gore a bit overplayed to be honest. The best bits were towards the start when Silent Hill is covered in Ash and stuff, and the klaxons sound for the first time.

Pyramid Head was good though :)

You me and Dupree

A good film if your into this kind of comedy (e.g any of the frat pack films!). One of those films where during it, you may not find it as funny as you expected, but look back and you'll see it is funny. Matt Dillion, (couldn't help thinking how much better VV could have been) perhaps a weak link although he gets better towards the end.

7/10

Right at your door

It is shit, terrible, dont believe the critics, the "twist you never see coming" is stupid beyond belief. AVOID

1/10

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Probably the second best film in the saga, second to Empire Strikes Back. I really love Star Wars, but I can't help but think the original would've been better (non special edition) without the need to put in Gungans and a burping creature. Nevertheless, I love all the effects and the direction, classic quotes, cinematic masterpiece.

"If you will not give in to the Dark Side, then you will meet your destiny!"

The Descent before that The Cave on sky movies 5.

Both had the same thing and both were crap.

The Business.

Awesome sound track, hot and I mean hot leading lady. and danny dyer with his usual blend of swearing and charm! a must see for fans of gangster films not as hardcore as goodfellas or scarface but still a great film!

8/10

I found some of the gore a bit overplayed to be honest. The best bits were towards the start when Silent Hill is covered in Ash and stuff, and the klaxons sound for the first time.

Pyramid Head was good though :)

great movie very underated.my problem with the film is i find there is too much of her running in the film if that makes sense

Wicker man:So very very funny especially the brave heart part and no this isnt a comedy its a very scary film:Dhahah i recommend it for the comedy factor

BelleVille Rendez-Vous

= BEST ANIMATION FILM EVER

I have never seen anything quite like it. Exciting just look at, brilliant in it's writing and with more class and character then anything I have yet seen or read. Despite almost no dialogue, characters are both complex and clearly explained, the world they live in is vibrant and genuinly alive and the whole thing simply oozes imagination. Trippy, delirously good and quintisentially gaullic, this makes all else look pedestrian by comparison. Even the best works of Studio Ghibli look like Newsnight Scotland on a particulary slow news day next to this.

10/10 Watch it now!

Oldboy

A gripping, fantastic revenge story. Must see. However I warn that it probably isn't ideal for sensitive people. E.g. there's a scene where he cuts off his own tongue

8/10

Enigma

I don't think I need to say that this is a World War II drama set in the background of the attempts to crack the Enigma code, but our main protagonist, some mathmatician is more interested in a past love, per-say, cumalating into the film.

For the first hour or so, I thought I would probably give this a 5 or 6, but towards the end it really carry the tension to what was a pretty excellant climax. It certainly is a well acted film, and the plot and screenplay were good, but, like I mentioned, the first hour or so moved very slowly, and also, it never really felt anything more than one of those sunday night dramas on ITV (You know what I mean here). Never the less, pretty good, but I might try again, because I sort of drifted off a bit during the film.

7/10

Crank, Another fab statham(sp?) movie. if you like transporter 1, you love this, amaizing directing and some aspect of comedy. action packed with a deacent story line.

8/10

Shallow hal:

It was quite funny, not a must see but something which passes the time. Some quite clever ideas, and a few good jokes, overall quite a silly concept. I wouldn't advice someone pay money to rent it out, but next time it's on the tv and if nothing else good is on, then certainly watch it.

6.5/10

Enigma

I don't think I need to say that this is a World War II drama set in the background of the attempts to crack the Enigma code, but our main protagonist, some mathmatician is more interested in a past love, per-say, cumalating into the film.

For the first hour or so, I thought I would probably give this a 5 or 6, but towards the end it really carry the tension to what was a pretty excellant climax. It certainly is a well acted film, and the plot and screenplay were good, but, like I mentioned, the first hour or so moved very slowly, and also, it never really felt anything more than one of those sunday night dramas on ITV (You know what I mean here). Never the less, pretty good, but I might try again, because I sort of drifted off a bit during the film.

7/10

is this another one of those films that changes history to make it look like it was the americans' mission instead of the british?

Resevoir Dogs, 8/10

Great movie, but dragged on a bit, still one of the best gangster movies out there. Yay to tarantino

think that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say Resevior dogs drags on. I've always felt it to be pretty intensive.

god forbid you should encounter Apocalypse Now Redux ;)

is this another one of those films that changes history to make it look like it was the americans' mission instead of the british?

Nope. It tells it like it was. Actually, I think was a British film anyway.

Anyway, haven't seen anything to rate since. Lock, Stock is on tomorrow, so I might check that out.

god forbid you should encounter Apocalypse Now Redux ;)

True.

I liked Right at Your Door, even if it did drag in the middle. I also liked the twist, especially as I was expecting some stereotypical government coverup twist. With a bit more budget and better actors, (the main character's role consisted of dialing a phone and then shouting FUCK as much as possible) it would have been great.

7/10

Alien vs Predator Director's Cut

I actually hoped the DC would be a little better but except for some extra blood there's nothing new. Well the actors are okayish, the storyline is quite a funny idea but drags along way too long.

But the Aliens are killed with style and the Predator looks really cool. However, they get too little chance to really kick the Alien's arse. I also think there are too much human and too few Predator scenes.

7/10

I'd actually like a film where the Predators own non-stop, there doesn't have to be any dialogue.