NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I watched Batman Begins on DVD last week. I quite enjoyed it, Christian Bale is a good actor. 8/10.

Kagemusha. Pretty boring, although I pretended to seem interested to keep watching for the ending..

Snakes on a plane 5/10 without audience

20/10 with audience

The ultimate B-Movie

I really want to see that, why is it better with an audience? You saw it twice?

If you took out the filler, and compiled an edit featuring the sex scene, the pee-pee scene, the eyeball scene, the throat scene, the big-ass snake scene, the harpoon scene and the I am Sick and Tired of these Motherfucking Snakes scene it would have been a lot better.

If you took out the filler, and compiled an edit featuring the sex scene, the pee-pee scene, the eyeball scene, the throat scene, the big-ass snake scene, the harpoon scene and the I am Sick and Tired of these Motherfucking Snakes scene it would have been a lot better.

You forgot the dog scene, there were a lot of unnessecary scenes in that film tho.

And there werent many quotes i can remember, except: "time is tissue"

Watched two films today.

Spiderman 2

Surpasses even the first Spiderman, I'm a bit disappointed that they changed the relationsship between Peter and MJ from the comics though. Alfred Molina is brilliant as Doc Oc. Music, actors and everything else was awesome but there were some minor logical errors I noticed for the first time.

9/10

(If there wasn't Batman Begins I think I'd give it a 10 but that is even another bit better)

The Crow

I wanted to watch that film for so long and finally got round to it. Overall it's a much deeper film than I expected it to be. I especially like the theme of resurrection and how he mainly takes revenge for his gf not himself. Also the creative way of killing them and saving some poor souls along the way is a rather nice twist to the usual revenge theme. Another welcome thing is that I didn't have to sit through a long intro how he got killed but that it got to the action pretty fast.

Brandon Lee is superb as the Crow and adds a lot of depth to the character. Sometimes I also smiled when he did, his performance was that affecting to me. Really tragic and ironic that he died as he'd probably be an admired actor now.

The only thing I found a bit annoying was the (at that time pretty popular) Police theme about the officer who finds out about Crow's identity, helps him and gets suspended therefore. It's not a bad idea in itself but I think less scenes would have been better for this sub-plot.

7.5/10

Monster House

A fun film, for older people as well as kids! See it if you are bored and nothing else to watch.

7.7/10, 3 Stars.

Full review here.

Snakes on a Plane was actually awesome. I think there was only one scene that was not needed (the whole playstation 2 is good scene at the end). Just seemed a bit too tacked onto the rest of the film, lost alot of momentum. but apart from that it will be a cult B movie up there with the Thing, and the Blob.

i need to see that, whats it about?

To roughly quote the plot summary on the back of the DVD.

A young rocker and his girlfriend are tortured and killed by a gang on the night before Halloween. A year later he is resurrected by a Crow and takes revenge on his killers. Because he's already dead he almost can't be killed.

But as said above, there are nice subplots that complement to the revenge theme and his killers are also portrayed pretty well.

Snakes on a plane 5/10 without audience

20/10 with audience

The ultimate B-Movie

Was everyone just ripping the piss out of the film?

Harsh Times: 9/10 with mates slightly drunk.

2/10 with bitchy dad.

Was ok, the ending was pointlessly tacked on though.

Crying Freedom -

Phenominal film about the true story of the murder of anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko (Denziel Washington) and the escape bid by sympathising white editior Donald Woods (Kevin Kline), from vicously racist apartheid South Africa. Laced with bitter irony, it's success is being able to poratry the blind racism prevalent at the time.

10/10

THE PRODUCERS (recent version)

home to the gayest 10-20 mins ever whitnessed on film! seriously it had me crying! its worth spending 8 quid for it just for that scene.

'keep it light keep it bright keep it gaaaaaaaaaaaay' WTF!!! :D

other than the director and some funnies from nathan lane its pretty typical hollywood musical fare. not as good as chicago but worth watching.

7/10

Nacho Libre - 5 / 10

Jack Black

Comedy about a friar who works his way up wrestling ladder to save his orphanige. It had me laughing out loud, which suprised me. The parts that managed to do that though had nothing to do with the plot or the film. The sting was I wanted to see a mother fucking plane with snakes on, though that didn't look very good to everyone else aparantly. Luckily they all hated nacho so I took advantage of my bragging rights on the way home. :)

A Scanner Darkly - 8/10

Part of the appeal of this movie like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is watching the character in thier hopelessly addicted state as paranoia takes more control of them.

The Style it was done in is very nice in my opinion, Especially when the camera was moving some object would move differently to the scene

Some of the other i was with weren't keen on it, so its not for everyone.

Before that we saw Snakes on a Plane - Awesome +1

i thought snakes on a plane was hilarious!

............not sure that deserved a spoiler box

I think the last film I saw was "13 going on 30" with ...Jennifer Garner?

It was surprisingly OK.