Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I dunno really, last thing I read involving The Hulk was World War Hulk (And I don´t know if that was a part of the 616 main series) and after that I vowed to stay away from anything Hulk related.

So excluding WWH the last thing I know about happening involving him in the 616 was that the Hulk was shot into space

lol WWH was part of 616 as far as I know, it was the last think I read too, so I really don't know. I kinda liked it, at least they didn't

pretend like Banner was dead for good so that he could come back a few months later like everyone else

lol WWH was part of 616 as far as I know, it was the last think I read too, so I really don't know. I kinda liked it, at least they didn't
pretend like Banner was dead for good so that he could come back a few months later like everyone else

It´s just how they made it was what annoyed me.

Especially the parts where you can see the Hulk meditating....

Which is like the opposite of the Hulk

It´s just how they made it was what annoyed me.

Especially the parts where you can see the Hulk meditating....

Which is like the opposite of the Hulk

There are loads of Hulks, so to speak, each one corresponding to different aspects of Banners personality, the normal "HULK SMASH" was basically innocent and naive anger, this Hulk is either a grown up version of it or simply another personality.

There are loads of Hulks, so to speak, each one corresponding to different aspects of Banners personality, the normal "HULK SMASH" was basically innocent and naive anger, this Hulk is either a grown up version of it or simply another personality.

Or the version that is most convenient for the writers :Þ

But the reason I didnt like WWH that much is that I´ve nver like the Hulk much.

He´s just too two dimensional.

In Bruges- Utterly fantastic, the script is sharp, witty, hilarious, moving, tragic and bleak all in one. Also the cast is near perfect with Colin Farrell putting in a brilliant performance. If you like your comedies so dark not even bats could navigate them then I completely recommend this film.

No exaggeration, 10/10

In Bruges- Utterly fantastic, the script is sharp, witty, hilarious, moving, tragic and bleak all in one. Also the cast is near perfect with Colin Farrell putting in a brilliant performance. If you like your comedies so dark not even bats could navigate them then I completely recommend this film.

No exaggeration, 10/10

erm bats navigate with sonar, not sight as they are near blind anyways. but really makes me wanna see this film now thanks :heh:

Or the version that is most convenient for the writers :Þ

But the reason I didnt like WWH that much is that I´ve nver like the Hulk much.

He´s just too two dimensional.

That's because you didnt read enough Hulk, he's like 15-dimensional lol Anyways, this isn't Marvel Discussion :P

That's because you didnt read enough Hulk, he's like 15-dimensional lol Anyways, this isn't Marvel Discussion :P

God

I hate all of the hulks >.> Mr fixit was piss poor, and grey, actually, he was alright, professer sucks.

ANYWAY

Last film i saw?

She's the man! yup, i do regret it for being so so unbelievable, not a patch on 12th night, which i loved. For shame.

God

I hate all of the hulks >.> Mr fixit was piss poor, and grey, actually, he was alright, professer sucks.

ANYWAY

Last film i saw?

She's the man! yup, i do regret it for being so so unbelievable, not a patch on 12th night, which i loved. For shame.

Ahahahaha, that reminded me of "The Amanda Show"

It was so bad it was hilarious ^_^

Are you suggesting that before you watched, you thought it might be better than Shakespeare's Twelth Night?!

:shakehead

Are you suggesting that before you watched, you thought it might be better than Shakespeare's Twelth Night?!

:shakehead

Not in any way shape or form! I knew it was bad before going into it, how bad it was, i did not know about.

@ Killthenet, shakespeare was never about humour was he :indeed:

@ Killthenet, shakespeare was never about humour was he :indeed:

Actually, he was...but it's mostly lost in translation nowadays. If you have a good English teacher, they can often bring out the humour more. It IS there. Obviously not in the tragedies, but in the comedies (duh). I think Twelth Night is considered one of his comedies..

Actually, he was...but it's mostly lost in translation nowadays. If you have a good English teacher, they can often bring out the humour more. It IS there. Obviously not in the tragedies, but in the comedies (duh). I think Twelth Night is considered one of his comedies..

Don't get me wrong, i thought 12th night was funny, but it was more a balance of being funny and having a good love story, like that of midsummer night's dream. In those terms, the humour is funny (like the whole butler/letter/yellow thing) but in comparison to a movie that is simply a comedy and nothing more to it, the comedy in that would take over the story.

Don't get me wrong, i thought 12th night was funny, but it was more a balance of being funny and having a good love story, like that of midsummer night's dream. In those terms, the humour is funny (like the whole butler/letter/yellow thing) but in comparison to a movie that is simply a comedy and nothing more to it, the comedy in that would take over the story.

Hmmm, As You Like It is still my favourite Shakespeare. Funny, silly and yet amazingly dark in some places. So much can be said for how we relate to one another and that, quite often, we allow ourselves to be quite awful to each other but not out of any kind of mallice.

By the by. I watched Steamboy last night. Totally mediocre in almost every respect. Voice acting wasn't awful but the way the characters were animated was pretty bad. No real emotional connection was able to be made with the characters or the situation due to poor facial animation and very unsophisticated lip animation.

Storyline was ok but I felt that it really missed the message that it was trying to say. Characters were mostly irritating and plain stupid but I think this was due to bad expression through writing and animating.

On the flip side it is at many points a very visually stimulating experience. The detail, design and feel are brilliant and there are some set scenes that really make you go "wow". Visual effects animation was also very good. This film is a victim of a poor ability to communicate through the medium. Entertaining to an extent yet totally flawed in many respects.

4/10

I'll check with some English students, but I'm pretty sure that it's general academic opinion that the comedies and tragedies were just that - the comedies focusing on humour, and the tragedies on terrible events. It's hard to argue that, say, A Midsummer Night's Dream is anything other than a farce, and this is because jokes are given priority over a sensible story, and though we may not find them as funny now, at the time they were considered hilarious. (and indeed, if performed in the right way, they still can be) Ironically, the play that today most people find one of his most amusing was actually intended to be the most tragic of tragedies - Titus Andronicus.

Regarding Steamboy - I have this on DVD, and was extremely annoyed to find that my copy had no Japanese soundtrack at all. I watched some of it, and though in places the animation was brilliant (especically where lots of CG was involved), I didn't feel there was much else going for it.

I'll check with some English students, but I'm pretty sure that it's general academic opinion that the comedies and tragedies were just that - the comedies focusing on humour, and the tragedies on terrible events.

From my understanding, every one of Shakespeares plays had some truth to speak of even in the comedies. This may not take the front seat, it's usually between the lines, but it is an essential part of what makes them great plays.

Regarding Steamboy - I have this on DVD, and was extremely annoyed to find that my copy had no Japanese soundtrack at all. I watched some of it, and though in places the animation was brilliant (especically where lots of CG was involved), I didn't feel there was much else going for it.

Yeah, much of the animation was very good. It's just the facial and emotional animation, combined with mediocre character portrayal in general just really let it down.