NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Star City is too much of a faff to get to... I presume. Never been. Odeon is at least in the centre :p

Star City is too much of a faff to get to... I presume. Never been. Odeon is at least in the centre :p

It's not really that much of a faff but it is better to go there with someone else. You should go, you'll like it.

You seem to be mistaking me for someone who has friends that aren't married or living in London. I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema with someone.

I hate how expensive normal cinemas are. I get so much more out of a cinema trip to one of the many independant ones I frequent here, and they're cheaper. But I suppose most places will only have big chain cinemas.

Although I'm going to a Pedro Almodovar double bill of Broken Embraces and All About My Mother tomorrow, and I fear my wallet will cry.

Went to see Zombieland tonight, thought it was pretty fucking cool.

That is my official rating.

transformers_2_blue_head_poster1.jpg

Not as bad as I expected, wanted or was lead to believe. Yes it was an hour too long. Yes it's screaming 'Pride' (Such colourful robots transforming out of their closets). Yes Petra, Gizza and Luxor are located about 500 miles away from each other and thus made the whole last chase sequence utterly moronic. Yes I want Shia Labeouf to die a thousand deaths. Yes the plot was about as satisfying as soggy bog roll. Yes the whole concept is indefensibly retarded. Yes the token black stereotypes are still there, 'I'm gonna pop a cap in yo ass!' along with other derogatory comments make the cut. Yes the 'third wheel' guy from college was forgettable if you were lucky, annoying if you weren't. Yes the actors were all out acted by their CGI counterparts. Yes Optimus' voice is violently infuriating.

BUT Michael Bay finally learned to keep the camera still. Megan Fox. Robots and massive explosions are awesome. Megan Fox. Also Shia Labeouf dies in it. Megan Fox.

Sadly Shia Labeouf comes back to life.

After the atrocity, on a genocidal level, that was the first Transformers film this was a pleasant surprise.

6.5/10

Surprising review! :)

I'm quietly confident for the third film. Just take out the annoying brothers and have clearer fights, and better Transformers characters.

Like an amazing lime green jet. Yeaaaaah. (I can dream)

What are they going to do in the third film story wise? I know the first two have rubbish stories but I don't know where they could take it.

There's no reason to be on Earth anymore for starters.

I really hope the next film is shorter. This was just way too long and could have used some strict editing. *cough*Less/no Shia Labeouf*cough*

Also, I was waiting for one of those aircraft carriers to turn into a Transformer. Why the hell didn't that happen?!

Well apparently they may...

gorily kill of Megan Fox for comparing Michael Bay to Hitler within the first 15 minutes.

What are they going to do in the third film story wise? I know the first two have rubbish stories but I don't know where they could take it.

There's no reason to be on Earth anymore for starters.

I really hope the next film is shorter. This was just way too long and could have used some strict editing. *cough*Less/no Shia Labeouf*cough*

Also, I was waiting for one of those aircraft carriers to turn into a Transformer. Why the hell didn't that happen?!

Same here. I read that it was something that Bay wanted to do and when I saw in the trailers Aircraft Carriers, I was like "Oh, confirmed. WIN!" and then didn't and I was am cry.

No idea on the story yet. (Actually I think I read it might have Unicron) Although they did just change the release date from 2012 to 2011. :D

Hmmm, I'd rather have a Power Rangers reboot. Now that would be ace. Isn't Spiderman 4 coming out 2011? Filming starts in March, I think.

Also, after Tron Legacy is released all other cinema becomes null and void. :heh:

That's lame. I want a proper hardcore rebooted film. I don't get it, it's all the rage right now.

That's lame. I want a proper hardcore rebooted film. I don't get it, it's all the rage right now.

I want to do a bad ass Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic. It'd be sick.

I WANT A MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS SEQUEL!!!

Orphan

Brilliant twist. I really did not expect that. Awesome movie, would recommend to anyone.

8/10

Well apparently they may...

gorily kill of Megan Fox for comparing Michael Bay to Hitler within the first 15 minutes.

We can dream :heh:

I WANT A MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS SEQUEL!!!

Orphan

Brilliant twist. I really did not expect that. Awesome movie, would recommend to anyone.

8/10

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I genuinely thought that it was the most ridiculous, far-fetched and convenient twist ever conceived. Not to mention it was not scary in the slightest. An hour and so of self gratuitous tripe that should be banished to the depths of horror-hell along with the all the Saws after the first one.

If she really were a 30-something year old with a pituitary gland disorder; granted she may be tiny but she'd have the same skin ageing and general senescence as the rest of us, and thus wouldn't still look fresh as a daisy.

[/rant]

3:10 to Yuma

Brilliant film, with some great characters and acting, probably one of Bale's better roles (In Terminator Salvation he just seemed to be Christian Bale, not John Connor), even if some of them weren't fleshed out enough. It had some great action scenes to make up for that, though (and as some were expendable, they didn't really need a lot of depth to them).

Also, "Did you see what I did with that spade?" sounded like something straight out of Firefly.

8.5/10

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

Absurd plot, unimaginative characters, a jarring mix of good and awful GCI. Still, it has mildy entertaining action scenes. And the way Eccleston acted seemed too similar to The Doctor, and nothing like someone trying to take over the world (Of Course!).

5/10

Drag Me To Hell

For the most part I loved it. The "twist" was a tad obvious but made the ending delightfully cruel. The CGI was bad in places (but great in others) and parts where it was attempting to be funny just didn't work. Still, one of the best horror films I've seen since [REC].

8/10

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I genuinely thought that it was the most ridiculous, far-fetched and convenient twist ever conceived. Not to mention it was not scary in the slightest. An hour and so of self gratuitous tripe that should be banished to the depths of horror-hell along with the all the Saws after the first one.

If she really were a 30-something year old with a pituitary gland disorder; granted she may be tiny but she'd have the same skin ageing and general senescence as the rest of us, and thus wouldn't still look fresh as a daisy.

[/rant]

See, I wouldn't call it a horror. It's more of a thriller to me.

When she took off her make-up and stuff, she looked much older. She didn't look so fresh then but I honestly was expecting her to see the dead baby or be the spirit of the dead baby who wanted to kill the family. No way was I expecting her to be a 30-odd year old psycho bitch.

And as for the bolded...you know you love it. :heh:

I wouldn't call SAW a horror either to be honest. I'd call that a thriller as well. It's only labelled a horror because of the gore. I respect your opinion though :)

The Ugly Truth

Katherine Heigl is HOT! This movie was better than I expected it to be. A good laugh.

8/10

Wrong Turn 3

Now THIS should be banished to hell! Literally one of THE worst horror movies I've seen since Granny. An hour and a half of terrible acting, the death scenes were meh though.

3/10

The Ugly Truth

Katherine Heigl is HOT! This movie was better than I expected it to be. A good laugh.

8/10

Aye this movie was awesome. Kat is soooo pork and Gerard Butler is a bit of a legend actually. He can do action, and I think he was great in this.

Not to mention Law Abiding Citizen looks made of epicbadass.

Aye this movie was awesome. Kat is soooo pork and Gerard Butler is a bit of a legend actually. He can do action, and I think he was great in this.

Not to mention Law Abiding Citizen looks made of epicbadass.

The restaurant scene in Ugly Truth made my day...:D

Went to see Zombieland tonight, thought it was pretty fucking cool.

That is my official rating.

Just saw it, was pretty shit. I jest, the film was funny, especially the badass cowboy dude.

Definitely an 8/10, slightly too short but there were a bunch of laughs to be had.

When asked about this theme park the badass guy says 'That place blows ... my mind!'

Good stuff.

Saw a Pedro Almodovar double-bill of Broken Embraces (2009) and All About My Mother (1999)

los-abrazos-rotos-broken-embraces.jpg

Loved seeing Broken Embraces again, nice to see it knowing how the pieces of the story fit together (for whatever reason I was confused watching it the first time until about half way through). 8/10 Love the references to Women on The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown.

406px-all_about_my_mother.jpg

All About My Mother is my favourite Almodovar film, sadder and less frivolous than his others, but really is pretty saddening with the exception of a very funny Antonia San Juan. It seems quite unimitable as well, in subject matter and treatment.

The friend I was with cried in AAMM, and if I were to cry, it would be to that. But not really. 9/10

deadgirl.jpg

It's a film about zombie raping. It is awful. Avoid.

Wrong/10

Invention Of Lying

A very mediocre film which didn't grab me at all since I kept looking around hoping it would end. Was disappointingly unfunny.

a film about religion? I know its not supposed to be entirely believable but how he managed to come up with the whole idea about the man in the sky in one night was bizarre. Ricky should have also done a lot more with his "power". WASTED.