NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domo Kun

Internet acronyms/slang that you hate

lol, kk, iirc,

I often use things like zOMG as a pisstake. o rly was funny to start with but now it is just gay. <3 is ok, i have no problem with that. A_A, B_B, C_C, D_D, E_E, F_F, G_G, H_H, I_I, J_J, K_K, L_L, M_M, N_N, O_O, P_P, Q_Q, R_R, S_S, T_T, U_U, V_V, W_W, X_X, Y_Y, Z_Z are rather aannoying also.

Additionally, "Squeee!" Acceptable in Boo from Megatokyo's case but used by Harry Potter fangirls just because they're Harry Potter fangirls gets them an appointment with the business side of my shoe.

I don't mind any of them if they aren't used very often, but when they use things like kwl after every word you say then it get's annoying.

I use them to take the piss out of my mmorpg addicted friend. If you check his xfire account I wouldn't be surprised if it added up to more than his age.

On a slightly related note, am I the only who cannot tolerate the MSN/Windows messenger emoticons? Text smilies FTW, as they say.

I don't really liek them, expecially custom ones, i know this girl who sues them in literally every sentence.

I have a friend he calls people noobs, i think he plays to much cs:s. To be honest with you, i don't even know what half of the above stand for.
I say noob and lol and pwn in real life as a joke though ... when im like mucking round with friends and stuff, we love pure pwange!

That's where i get n00b and pwn from, or why i say it so much anyway.

I dont mind lol aslong as it isnt overused. Its easier that typing hahaha. I hate leet speak so much so I refuse to write it like they do. rofl and lmfao are annoying. And I have no Idea what <3 is.

I dont mind lol aslong as it isnt overused. Its easier that typing hahaha. I hate leet speak so much so I refuse to write it like they do. rofl and lmfao are annoying. And I have no Idea what <3 is.

<3 is supposed to look like a heart.

Can someone tell me what the hell o rly is and how it started?

this is neither slang nor acronym, but im disturbed by the abuse of the words 'magical' and 'stylish' on videogame forums oO

That lil flash thingy has reminded me of "kthxbai", people slamming it on the end of an opinion or some form of arguement and they've basically lost the battle already, unless the battle is to look like a massive bit of nobcheese, then it's trophies all round.

Ever since someone told me that <3 is actuallly also a sign for a scrotom/ball sack it's lost all sense of niceness when people say it. : /

I use them to take the piss out of my mmorpg addicted friend. If you check his xfire account I wouldn't be surprised if it added up to more than his age.

What's his account? So we can all see.

Just anything, it all pisses me off. It's no different from when other gay assed social groups make up words. Innit!

Just anything, it all pisses me off. It's no different from when other gay assed social groups make up words. Innit!

Proper safe fo shizzle.

Anyway, internet speak doesn't really bother me so long as I can understand what it means.

I mean, ones that shorten long phrases like 'in my opinion' etc are useful 'cause they speed stuff up.

I only get pissed off when people spell stuff wrong and say things like 'I've got more guns then that guy' and 'he took you're wallet' etc.

EDIT: oh and apostrophes.. for fuck's sake they're so simple, please God, smite all those who use them wrongly.

I agree with arragaun, it's soooo annoying when people use apostrophes wrongly, and then not at all like:

"Your a nob"

"You're mum's a hoe" (excuse the crude examples)

And what really getting on my nerves is this one girl who says buy instead of bye, i mean oh my god how hard is it to say it properly!

What worries me is the possibility that the English language will follow internet slang to an extent that it's more widely used than contempoary modern English. What would happen to literature? Could you really imagine a revised version of Shakespeare with 'OMG said Juliet as Romeo was a right dick and stabbed himself. The Montagues and Capulets were 0wned'

Then again, the Elizabethans are blateantly looking down on us from the afterlife saying 'You are!? What is this!? Can't they say thou art!?'

I cant stand people keep calling you noob because you do somthing wrong or just for the sake of it. I have a friend like that and it makes me want to kick him in the face.

What worries me is the possibility that the English language will follow internet slang to an extent that it's more widely used than contempoary modern English. What would happen to literature? Could you really imagine a revised version of Shakespeare with 'OMG said Juliet as Romeo was a right dick and stabbed himself. The Montagues and Capulets were 0wned'

Then again, the Elizabethans are blateantly looking down on us from the afterlife saying 'You are!? What is this!? Can't they say thou art!?'

I don't reckon it'll get so bad as 'OMG j00 n00b' in real life, but I do think that English might start using more "sensible" spellings. You know like 'nite' instead of 'night' (as it's used in text speak).

After all English isn't exactly perfect to begin with, we have like three different sounds for 'ough'. To someone who doesn't speak it from birth, English must make very little sense.

That lil flash thingy has reminded me of "kthxbai", people slamming it on the end of an opinion or some form of arguement and they've basically lost the battle already, unless the battle is to look like a massive bit of nobcheese, then it's trophies all round.

I think someone got banned from something awful for saying "JPGSPLSKTHX!".

I find all chav text speak annoying eg. 2getha, dat, dis etc.

Heh.

I really, really hate 'heh'. I feel as though it implies so much in so few letters, mostly a really elitist tone, like "I'm above you and your puny comment is laughable".

I think someone got banned from something awful for saying "JPGSPLSKTHX!".

I find all chav text speak annoying eg. 2getha, dat, dis etc.

True dat, True dat...

Sign in to follow this