N-Europe

Super Mario Party Jamboree (17th October 2024)

Julius

Looks utterly sick.  The new boards look insane, love the gimmicks going on here!

Also crazy that it's taken this long to finally do the Mario Kart thing of bringing back Retro boards as extras... speaking of which, that Mario Kart board looks nuts! :D

Also... @Glen-i PLAYABLE BOO IS BACK!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

On 18/06/2024 at 6:51 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

20 players online...yeah, I'll be surprised if that actually works. The previous game couldn't run in a stable fashion with 4. 

Mario Party Superstars ran like a dream though!

Yeah, my online experience with MPS was very solid.  Very rarely did I ever get any bad connections, whether playing online boards with friends or on Survival Mode with randoms; though you're always gonna get the occassional blip with online play, that's just the nature of the beast.

I was shocked at how well it was done, no complaints here with MPS!

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, I don't know what to say other than it worked fine for me.

Were you playing with random people? That would explain a lot.

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, my online experience with MPS was very solid.  Very rarely did I ever get any bad connections, whether playing online boards with friends or on Survival Mode with randoms; though you're always gonna get the occassional blip with online play, that's just the nature of the beast.

I was shocked at how well it was done, no complaints here with MPS!

Well considering Glen nicks Dcubed's internet, of course your experiences were the same.

Yeah, I played with random players.

This isn't an isolated incident though. A lot of Nintendo games run like garbage for me when it comes to online. Most of the Kirby games that featured online modes ran terribly with 4 players and the NSO games are very hit or miss with how they perform. I have zero issues with online games that I play on my PS4/PS5 so it ain't a connection issue. 

It's 2024. A game should not struggle to run an online mode that only features 4 players but excuses are made and the issues tend to get waved away or dismissed because it's Nintendo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's 2024. A game should not struggle to run an online mode that only features 4 players but excuses are made and the issues tend to get waved away or dismissed because it's Nintendo.

Your connection will only ever be as good as the guy with the weakest connection. Doesn't matter how good your connection is if someone is playing handheld at a McDonald's.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Max with the best Mario Party reaction from the Direct :laughing:

"2 boards from previous Mario Party games make their return!"

"FUCKING HOW?!" 

:D

Totally his reaction to Mario Party btw, not something else in the Direct. And spoiler tags aren't working so...yeah it's totally for Jamboree :p

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...