N-Europe

Lego Horizon Adventures (Switch, PS5, PC)

Posted (edited)

Woah! Had no idea that the rumoured game was actually based on Sony’s HZD; “Horizon” is such a generic title that I thought it was just gonna be an unlicensed Lego title (ALA Lego City Undercover).  Pretty wild that it’s coming to Switch in that case! :o

Hey! That means that Aloy is now eligible for inclusion in the next Smash Bros too, since she’s now been in a game released for a Nintendo console :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Hey! That means that Aloy is now eligible for inclusion in the next Smash Bros too, since she’s now been in a game released for a Nintendo console :laughing:

Sakurai out there, rubbing his hands together.
"I've conquered Microsoft, now I aim for Sony!"

Honestly, as much as I don't care for the Horizon series, the thought of the big three being in Smash in some capacity is such an amazing thought, that I would be all for Aloy in Smash, just to see them all in the copyrights on the title screen.

Just when you think it was mad enough to have Disney in there...

I have to give props here, the fact that this game has everything looking like it's made of Lego instead of the weird mishmash we've seen in previous games is such a massive improvement, artistically speaking.

lego1.jpg

Just looks so much more cohesive as a result.

Posted (edited)

Never gelled with any of the Lego games aside from Lego Island back in 1997. Funnily enough, back then I had no idea what I was doing but I played it for hours on end :laughing:

Anyways, this doesn't look like it'll be for me, either ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon

Posted (edited)

Oh. :wtf: That is the Horizon you are supposed to default to now? Could have been any other number of games with Horizon in the title, or a film crossover.  Not exactly opening the floodgates for Lego Panorama, Lego Attenborough, Lego Who Do You Think You Are? then.

Hope it's good and gets reduced to a tenner.

Edited by darksnowman
emoticon
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

While Horizon Lego Adventures feels specially designed with the Switch in mind, it will have some bells and whistles on its home platform of PS5, including a 60fps performance mode. There’s also a bevy of customization options with light settlement-building mechanics and costumes from other Lego franchises and themed sets that can be unlocked over the course of the game. The main campaign runs about eight hours and Symons promised post-story content and other unlockables would keep players busy beyond that.

I peppered him with a few more questions before my session ended. How did Hermen Hulst, managing director of Guerrilla back when Horizon shipped and now co-CEO of PlayStation, react when he first played the new game? “He loved it,” Symons responded, chuckling. What’s Symons’ favorite Lego game? “The Marvel one is pretty good because there’s so many different playstyles,” he said. And finally, does this new partnership mean Aloy might eventually come to the next Super Smash Bros.? “That’d be nice. If you speak to Nintendo and they want to invite us let me know.”

https://kotaku.com/horizon-lego-adventures-hands-on-ps5-nintendo-switch-1851535713

Next Smash Bros. confirmed.

• 3 months later...