NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door REMAKE (23rd May 2024)

THEY PULLED THE THOUSAND DOOR TRIGGER - FINALLY! IT LOOKS FREAKING BEAUTIFULLLLL :bouncy:

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door from the Nintendo GameCube system will return with enhanced graphics for Nintendo Switch in 2024!

A lot of love for the Mario RPGs of late, to put it lightly! Super excited to finally experience this game :D

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

A lot of love for the Mario RPGs of late, to put it lightly! Super excited to finally experience this game :D

Oh man, first time playing it and it has Origami King quality visuals? That's the dream!

I was almost pissed off when this started, because I initially thought it was the 64 Paper Mario and I went "I've just fucking done this on the Switch Online!", then I caught the text Thousand Year Door and I had a sigh of relief as I haven't played it before

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I was almost pissed off when this started, because I initially thought it was the 64 Paper Mario and I went "I've just fucking done this on the Switch Online!", then I caught the text Thousand Year Door and I had a sigh of relief as I haven't played it before

So many people coming into this for the first time. Proper jelly, here!

EDIT: They also have back sprites. You ever wonder what the back of a Koops looks like?

1600px-PMTTYD_NS_Hooktail.png

Bam! There it is!

Yeah, this remake is gonna be great, it's even got Banjo-Kazooie-esque voice noises! Pity it's 30 FPS.

I wonder if they'll make Super Guard more lenient because of that. It was 3 frames in the original.

Orange Yoshi is the only correct choice.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

This game was one of the first games I bought with my own money for my own GameCube after The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.

'T was a simpler time where I had decided to sell my PS2 and its games, and switch to Nintendo consoles and games only (the big reason at the time was because of Mario Party:laughing:)

Knowing very little about Nintendo's history and franchises, I picked up this game half price near the end of the Cube's lifecycle, thinking it could be interesting.

I ended up diving deep into this (just like with The Windwaker), with multiple playthroughs and discovering as much secrets as I could. 

In a time where I didn't really go on the internet if I got stuck on a game, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was one of the greatest adventures of my life. With each chapter having it's unique charm and theme, Bowser's silly escapades, and Peach's philosophical and futuristic storyline, I had to shed a tear seeing Nintendo bringing back one of my beloved games.

I still own the original.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back in October VGC reported that the game had been rated in Brazil and Korea, and the game has now been rated by the ESRB:

GChKM9hWYAAnNYy?format=jpg&name=medium

This seems like it's shaking up to potentially be a H1 2024 release, it doesn't sound that far off at all going by the dates of these ratings.

The first half of next year is STACKED with RPGs already, so sure, I guess we might as well add another to the list :p

Edited by Julius

12 minutes ago, Julius said:

The first half of next year is STACKED with RPGs

Stacked like those characters "with large chests/ exaggerated proportions".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Stacked like those characters "with large chests/ exaggerated proportions".

RPG lovers looking at early 2024 like:

E_eprbsWUAM2oTs.png

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 2

Note that we’re not going to have to wait too much longer for this. One of the remakes I’m really looking forward to!

My Nintendo Store have the game up for pre-order and have goodies on offer. Not half as good as the Luigi's Mansion bundle though.

ImageImage

• Like 2

Ooh! That's a neat diorama.

If only it were customisable...

47 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Ooh! That's a neat diorama.

If only it were customisable...

Yeah, I think if you got parts for all the partner characters and a few of the enemies it would be pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

The Luigi's Mansion 2 bundle was better, but I don't care about that game, just the goodies lol. I'll definitely get this, as Paper Mario 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, and that battle stage looks really neat. 

https://www.n-europe.com/news/paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-bonus-items/

I thought you'd get to choose one of the key rings, but no, each purchase comes with all 3! The buildable stage however costs a bit extra at £57.99.

Previews dropping next Thursday (on the 25th) and reviews are dropping two days ahead of release (on the 21st May): 

Reviews releasing just two days ahead of launch would normally be a bit of a yellow flag, I feel, but with this being a remake, makes total sense; feel it'd probably get lost in the shuffle otherwise. 

I feel like the previews might be more important than the actual reviews this time around, because anything worth flagging is likely to come up in those, and so long as there's nothing crazy, I can't wait :D

I think it's normal for Nintendo games that reviews come out two days before release.

13 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I think it's normal for Nintendo games that reviews come out two days before release.

Yeah, this is true. It's standard precedure.

Easy to do when you release a fully functional game and you are confident in your product.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this