NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

WarioWare: Move It! (3rd November 2023)

Edited by Julius
I forgot the exclamation mark !
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally a "proper" Wario Ware? And it takes advantage of the console's feature?

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Finally a "proper" Wario Ware? And it takes advantage of the console's feature?

Dual Joycon microgames are gonna be so sick! :D

I just hope that we get the full voice acting back from Wario Ware Gold.  That was amazing!

Edited by Dcubed

Damn, this is awesome news! I was a bit disappointed with the previous Switch WarioWare, so to finally be getting a REAL, NEW WarioWare after years of spin-offs and remakes is going to be wonderful. 

That box art is absolute perfection.

And Get It Together is a proper WarioWare, you philistines!

Amusing that they specifically use Mario 64 DS as a base of one of the games.

Edited by Glen-i

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

And Get It Together is a proper WarioWare, you philistines!

fifty-fifty-redd-foxx.gif

Yes and no. :hehe: 
It's my least played WarioWare game, put it that way. Actually, that's a massive lie, just remembered WarioWare Snapped! :laughing: But Get it Together is certainly my second least played in the series. Something just felt a little bit off in that game. :hmm:

And while WarioWare Move It definitely seems like a step in the right direction again, it's obviously not DIY 2, which makes me sad. :weep:
I will continue to wait... patiently. :heh:

43 minutes ago, bob said:

bc929a772fac642f60228e08682f50cd66718dc4

Yeah, I copped on to that watching the trailer.

Dual Joycon, and multiplayer version of the best final boss game ever? Worth the price alone!

Yeah, I copped on to that watching the trailer.
Dual Joycon, and multiplayer version of the best final boss game ever? Worth the price alone!
So I found and downloaded the MP3 of this song for some reminiscing. It's still an absolute banger. Put it on at bathtime and my 2 year old was dancing around the room in his nappy. He obviously recognises quality.
  • Like 1

Anyone get this? I got it a few days ago with the intention to play with my friend but he had to bail. So haven't tried multiplayer yet but I have played about an hour of single player.

The voice acting is surprisingly great, they've really nailed it, especially Afghani's Wario! 

Some really fun, inventive and wild minigames too that made me smile, laugh and even gasp lol. BUT some of the poses you have to get in feel a bit too cumbersome for quick play, I'll give it more time before I fully judge it, but I feel like having dual motion controls is a double edged sword, as while it gives opportunities for inventive and weird minigames, it has the potential to overcomplicate things compared to its Wii counterpart.

I'll know for sure when I've got all the poses unlocked and play all of the minigames mixed together. So far, so good, but also a little cautious. 

Edited by Josh64
  • Thanks 1

I got it for review purposes. It's good fun, mostly in multiplayer, with a lot of laughs. I didn't have any problems with controls bar a single boss fight that needed me to be very accurate with lasers which took quite a few attempts.

Also tried playing it with my son (6 years old) and he found it fun but a bit hard. 

My biggest gripe with the game is the amount of content. Yeah, sure, lots of microgames but not enough game modes to play them in. Once the story is done - which takes less than 2 hours - there really isn't much to do alone, especially if you don't care much for high scores. And with only four multiplayer modes - five if you are four players - it quickly runs out of gas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

My biggest gripe with the game is the amount of content. Yeah, sure, lots of microgames but not enough game modes to play them in. Once the story is done - which takes less than 2 hours - there really isn't much to do alone, especially if you don't care much for high scores. And with only four multiplayer modes - five if you are four players - it quickly runs out of gas.

This is why I decided to skip it. Like you said, I also read the game is very short on content and can be finished 100% in a few hours. WarioWare: Get It Together was fantastic in terms of the amount of stuff that was on offer but this new game seems like a miss.

There's a boss battle on the Jimmy T set of games that is really temperamental, the one where you're a robot grilling, I wasn't a fan at all! 

had to break out a little table for that one. Made it easier putting them on a flat surface for me. For other games i just lay one joycon in my hand and turn it with my other hand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, martinist said:

had to break out a little table for that one. Made it easier putting them on a flat surface for me. For other games i just lay one joycon in my hand and turn it with my other hand.

Sounds like an opportunity to get the Let's Tap box out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I started the game a few months ago but got sidetracked by so many other things that I never really found the right opportunity to go back to finish it until this week!

Dividing up the play sessions like that may have contributed to the game feel particularly light on content but, as is always the case with the series, it is great fun to play and really shines once you start aiming to beat your best scores 😃

The controls generally work well when you figure out how each game is supposed to be played (which can take an attempt or two on some occasions 😅) but I do sigh a little every time 'Hand Model' appears as the stance.

Even with simple gestures like with Rock, Paper, Scissors, I never feel entirely confident it will register correctly but when it needs to count the number of fingers I'm holding up at an increasingly fast pace.. good luck! I can't even properly hold up 3 fingers that way with my right hand 😕

Small criticisms aside, I'd say it's worth the £24.99 or something I've seen it floating about for recently!

It was never likely to dethrone WarioWare Gold as the absolute greatest anyway 😜

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 1

I still need to pick it up at some point. I loved WarioWare Get It Together.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I still need to pick it up at some point. I loved WarioWare Get It Together.

I'd say I never quite got into Get it Together as much due to the shift in gameplay but it's actually always fun to go back to and I appreciate it more each time I return.

With the way you burn through games, I'd say you'd knock Move It out in a couple of hours and see pretty much everything there is to see 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

I'd say I never quite got into Get it Together as much due to the shift in gameplay but it's actually always fun to go back to and I appreciate it more each time I return.

With the way you burn through games, I'd say you'd knock Move It out in a couple of hours and see pretty much everything there is to see 😅

Yeah, a big reason I've yet to pick it up is because I heard it was very short. 

Sign in to follow this