NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

Is Today The Day?

voice chat is kinda irritating during games. Boy oh boy, imagine a match of metroid prime turning out to be like that gay halo on xbox live where kiddies are screaming every 5 seconds

Supposadely Nintendo Power stated to watch out for Reggie at the D.I.C.E and what he has to say.

Personally i think thats blowing it up a little don't you?

magazines do tend to suck. I was disapointed too, but it's hardly a big deal. I was expecting a Zelda release date though...

some screens would have been nice, or a new vid of zelda since it's been delayed for what seems like an eternity

Good to see they are doing something with the download service...but still why nothing for any one in europe?

I'm expecting European infastructure for DS download play.

I don't know why movie trailers was mentioned.. with the advent of Quicktime 7.0 and HD movie trailers on apple.com why would I want to watch on such a small screen?

I've never understood that really.. not that the DS has enough ram for such shenanigans.

Demos is fun.. though they will only be synced with or slightly before localised releases.

I don't know about other europeans but I don't take kindly to waiting 3 months for Animal Crossing.. and 4 months for Electroplankton..

I import games before I would get to play a demo on a station.. so I don't care much for the idea anyway.

Good to see they are doing something with the download service...but still why nothing for any one in europe?

Because NoE hate us.

He said that Nintendo would be using new marketing channels, such as daytime television shows, Oprah and Ellen.

Fils-Aime talked about a "blue ocean of opportunity through new types of gameplay."

In what has become something of a Nintendo mantra, he said Nintendo was seeking to attract female gamers and older gamers. He also warned that the number of teenage males is declining in North America, and high school students are saying their interest in games is declining.

However, he pointed out the the success of Nintendogs in North America with its 1 million unit sales and Brain Training in Japan with 2.5 million sales show that new demographics are willing to embrace games.

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day will be launched in North America on April 17.

"We have been able to drive the appeal of games to a whole new segment who typically would not pick up a game," Fils-Aime said during his speech. "Imagine a games company targeting 50- and 60-year-olds. Imagine games as a treadmill for the mind instead of a playground for violence."

Fils-Aime once again referenced proven business book strategies which focus on expanding markets. He said, "It's not about what is, but what can be." He pointed out to the audience that hardcore gamers make up only 20 percent of the entire gaming market, saying, "You and your teams can capitalize on that 80 percent."

During his speech, Fils-Aime focused on the success of the handheld games market over the last year compared to the decline of consoles. He drew broad comparisons with "disrutptive technologies" such as Apple iPod, which took Sony and its music business by surprise.

At the end of the speech, he finally turned to Revolution, and offered little new details. However, he said that the machine would "create a democracy of ideas. It's not going to be about those with the biggest production budget."

He also indicated that publishers and developers could create "simple games" so that they could sell them at "more affordable prices if you want."

Nintendo really caught me my suprise as I was actually anticipating at least least one new concrete piece of info at his speech

is it not possible that some other information could come later today/tomorrow?

BigTac, what were the little new details?

from IGN:

he said and suggested that he brought the hardware with him. "We have the capability to show it to people here during the next two days if those opportunities come up."

interesting!

is it not possible that some other information could come later today/tomorrow?

BigTac, what were the little new details?

from IGN:

he said and suggested that he brought the hardware with him. "We have the capability to show it to people here during the next two days if those opportunities come up."

interesting!

interesting yes,not getting hopes up till E3

i thought ninendo power said we should look at nintendo.com on this day. was i just imagining that bit of info? nothing there yet if that is indeed what they said.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/687/687257p1.html

These are the things he said related to the Revolution:

Next, Reggie went over his five New Year's resolutions, all of which he detailed weeks ago in an online interview. The first, he said, is for Nintendo to keep its eyes on the prize. "It's not about horsepower. It's not about pretty pictures. It's about the entire range of entertainment." Second, Reggie said that Nintendo "can't risk catering to the hardest of the hardcore to drive growth." He added that in order to succeed, it needs to appeal to other types of gamers, too. Third, he noted that the company can't alienate players. Four, he said Nintendo must innovate or die. And finally, he stated that Nintendo needed to create a democracy of development. "We believe in creating a marketplace where very idea has the chance to be seen by the consumer."

Eventually, he came around to the subject of Nintendo's next generation console, codenamed Revolution. "Our greatest innovation will come later this year with the Nintendo Revolution," he said. "Its sole purpose is to continue groundbreaking entertainment to the consumer."

Reggie said that with Revolution Nintendo is focused on a wider audience. He noted that system development costs will be "substantially" less than other systems.

"With the free-hand controller that we've shown, there will be an unparalleled level of play," he said and suggested that he brought the hardware with him. "We have the capability to show it to people here during the next two days if those opportunities come up."

Fils-Aime noted that the free-hand is destined for the living room. "It's meant to look like a TV remote; meant to be approachable and easy for anyone to pick up. Everyone videogame character will play a different way because of this controller."

I'm still suprised that Nintendo hasn't announced the final name yet. Unless of course the name would reveal something. Developers have told me that Nintendo has a final name. By Reggie's comments I guess you could almost confirm that Everything about the Revolution hardware is final. What I'm still puzzled by is why would he say that "We...show it to people...during the next 2 days if those opportunities come up." He may just be talking about the game-control demos that they have had already or maybe some new demos for using the controller.

They still don't get it do they?

With Next-Gen consoles alot of people expect 'superior' graphics, and i do as well really, i'm no graphics w**** but i expect my brand spanking new console to look as though it plays games from the year 2006 and not 1996.

Don't get me wrong, fantastic graphics don't make a good game, but i do like having both, if Nintendo make great games with superb graphics i'm a happy bunny.

He also keeps going on about what it does and how the controller looks like a remote! We know! Tell us something new, i bet they don't even know what it does themselves, perhaps the console isn't even finished?! LOL *cough* it is right? :idea:

Roll on E3 2006 and some hopefully unpredictable news. :hehe:

With Next-Gen consoles alot of people expect 'superior' graphics, and i do as well really, i'm no graphics w**** but i expect my brand spanking new console to look as though it plays games from the year 2006 and not 1996.

Don't get me wrong, fantastic graphics don't make a good game, but i do like having both, if Nintendo make great games with superb graphics i'm a happy bunny.

He also keeps going on about what it does and how the controller looks like a remote! We know! Tell us something new, i bet they don't even know what it does themselves, perhaps the console isn't even finished?! LOL *cough* it is right? :idea:

Look Nintendo said we shouldn't worry about the graphics. Big Tac said we shouldn't worry about the graphics. Iwata said we shouldn't worry about the graphics. See this face IM NOT WORRYING and neither should you. :wink:

voice chat is kinda irritating during games. Boy oh boy, imagine a match of metroid prime turning out to be like that gay halo on xbox live where kiddies are screaming every 5 seconds

Just out of interest, have you ever played Halo 2 on Xbox Live or just copying what other people have said? I play Halo 2 (or used to anyway) on XBL all the time and you hardly ever get people screaming. XBL is the best thing I've bought for a console this generation along with Halo 2.

Look Nintendo said we shouldn't worry about the graphics. Big Tac said we shouldn't worry about the graphics. Iwata said we shouldn't worry about the graphics. See this face IM NOT WORRYING and neither should you. :wink:

Yes you are right. I'm expecting great things and i reckon Nintendo will give it to us.............eventually. :)

Yes you are right. I'm expecting great things and i reckon Nintendo will give it to us.............eventually. :)

Its the only way they do it!

(The Burden of the Nintendo Fan)

When you turn on the Revolution, and see its graphics. You will say - wow.

When I turn the Rev Ill almost be taking a fit with excitement :D But the graphics will be better than TP so that will definently make me go WOW

When you turn on the Revolution, and see its graphics. You will say - wow.

I really hope so. :D

Sign in to follow this