NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2021/22

Just now, drahkon said:

Congrats :D

Pretty sure that's game over.

Not yet.

I approve of the shirts off celebration, despite the booking. :D 

Loved Chloe Kelly waiting until she knew it was onside before whipping her shirt off! Come on England!

Just five more minutes...

Great job by England over the entire tournament. So much more fun to watch than the men's squad as well.

Fantastic, I can't believe it! Genuinely quite emotional, I've been watching the Lionesses build for so many years, to improve gradually, get closer and closer to the big prize, the semi final heartache of the last few tournaments so to see them make the breakthrough and win a major tournament is phenomenal. 

There was an interesting discussion on the radio this morning about the effect of the World Cup having on the Premier League title race. It's honestly something I never really thought about and some of the points they made are pretty valid. The further a country goes in the tournament, the more wear and tear it will be on the players, who will eventually need to return to their clubs to playout the rest of the season. A lot of clubs are going to have teams that are much more rested than others. Hopefully it will shake things up a bit at the top. 

You need to catch up, then! Liverpool have players like Salah and Diaz who won't be at the World Cup, so if they play their cards right, those players can go for it now until the tournament comes around, then have a break and theoretically be fresh to go again from Boxing Day onwards. It's going to be a weird season with this pause but it could be interesting to see how (and if) it benefits teams with fewer international players.